THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Dont be scared Homey

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Dont be scared Homey Empty Dont be scared Homey

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:45 pm

“’We’ve never been offered that fight. Some people may be saying ‘are you ducking Miller?’ but we’ve never been offered that fight with Miller. He didn’t duck him. It was brought up in a brief conversation with Strikeforce…it was agreed that whoever they want to put in there, it was their decision. As our contract works, if there’s a different fight that Nick has to go move up in weight, well then there’s some negotiating room and what I can say is that if you do pick Miller, I would like to see it at 170. If Miller can’t make 170, we’re very open to a catchweight however for Nick to have to go up in weight to 185 to accommodate Miller, it just doesn’t make sense.”

“Number one, Miller’s record doesn’t justify anyone having to come to him. His last five fights he’s won twice. Nick won seven in a row, he’s a champion. It’s more of a fan-favorite fight so we’ll do it, but probably at a catchweight but if Miller isn’t willing to do that , then ‘don’t be scared homie’ may apply to him.”

“What if he called out Gilbert Melendez, would he tell Gil to move to 185 so he can fight? Its ridiculous. Why even bother to call him out? I would probably ask to fight someone more important in the fight world today if Nick is moving up to 185. We’re above that.”
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dont be scared Homey Empty Re: Dont be scared Homey

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:44 pm

What a load of crap,who is actually doing this interview?

Yeah sure this fight wasn't offered to them.

Millers not deserving because he has only won 2 in his last 5,how about Miller has only lost two in his last 9 and they were both decisions to the current champ and the former Champ,the former Champ and your training partner, that Miller was seconds away from subbing before the bell went.

Also am I missing something but isn't he fighting a LW at 170,that has only ever fought once before at a higher catch weight of 160,yet he won't fight a guy a division above him even though,diaz has fought twice recently at 180. Rolling Eyes

I think this is bullshit on Diaz's behalf and strikeforce's for that matter.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:55 pm

I dont know wether it was or wasnt offered and its clear Mayhem is more up for the fight than Diaz but the lower ranked guy is always going to seem more keen for the fight to make a name for himself.

Diaz has fought at Lw and Ww and a couple of catchweights. I dont see what the problem is with asking Miller to come down to 177lbs or so. Diaz is far highter ranked and holds a title and is offering to meet him half way. Thats fair enought I thought.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I thought in previous Interviews that mayhem said he would fight him at a catchweight of 180 since thats the weight he fought shamrock and smith at,but he said he has absolutely no chance of making 170.

rankings shouldn't even come into this since they are both ranked at differant weights and lets face it,Diaz's title is a micky mouse one at best,this all comes down to what Diaz did to mayhem at the end of Sheilds fight and the lack of remorse and disrespect he showed after the fact,nothing else.

Now mayhem has called him out and has been very vocal about wanting the fight,diaz has now decided to shut up and others are doing the talking for him,why is this?

If he's man anough to jump him with all of his mates,then he should have the bolloxs to man up and fight him one on one in a cage for a descent paycheck.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Im sure its a fight thats going to happen, maby SF just have other plans for them and dont want to remind everyone of the Brawl! Laughing

cheers for the WEC link, What a scrap Pickett vs Jorgensen was! Shocked 30-27 across the boards was a schocker, Id need to rewatch it but the 1st was all Pickett I thought and the 2nd could have gone either way? was an even enought fight I thought. Pickett is unbelievable to watch, big fan.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:04 pm

No probs Ben

Yeah the Pickett - Jorgenson fight was great.(your always sure to get atleast on great fight on any WEC card)

Picket is fun to watch,he goes balls to the wall in every fight,he's good on the ground but unfortunately like most european fighters,he just doesn't have the skill set to neutralise these good wrestlers and that as I remember is what cost him the fight.

It was a close fight,and I'm pretty sure I remember thinking pickett won the 1st(I remember this because I thought he was going to cost me pts in my predictions Very Happy )
    I'm pretty sure I thought Jorgenson had won it at the end though.

It was a really good fight,so I'll have to rewatch it again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:05 am