THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
10 posters

TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER*

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER* Empty TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER*

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 pm

**SPOILER AHEAD**

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Kimbo_Slice_vs_Roy_Nelson_TUF_10_Episode_3?vid=10006741&tid=100

HAHAHAHA Kimbo got done in!! Nelsons punches had fuck all on them but why did Dana critisize him? The ref stopped it because Kimbo couldnt defend... Roy woulda sunk in a sub after a few more mins or simply outpointed him anyway.

Shit performance from Kimbo but to be fair Nelson was the favorite to win the show. What really annoys me is that Kimbo has got beat By Seth and Nelson back to back... Maby its time to stop giving him so many chances. Dana said he might be back on the show... and who knows if someone gets injured maby he will. but again why? What has Kimbo done to be the guy to automatically replace an injured guy?

Rumour has it that no matter the outcome of TUF Kimbo will fight someone at TUF 10 final. He let this slip in an interview... im sure the link is somewere.

So what has he done to get this 2nd or 3rd chance from UFC? He lost to Nelson and Seth but he has convincing wins over Tank Aboott (who was middle aged and on a massive losing spree) and Bo Cantrell again who was on a massive loosing spree having lost more fights than he won!! He gave James Thompson a 50/50 figth so Dana keeps giving him all these chances based on more than his MMA record obviously...

Maby its his Streetfighting record? I dont know about that! He got done in by Sean Gannon, another fat whiteboy! Im sick to death of Kimbo slice, he is a shite figher and theres boys at my Gym that could beat him. Dana White comes off looking like a bullshit artist again. He badmouths EliteXc for making such a big deal of Kimbo but now he fully intneds to try and cash in on him... even after he has got beat left right and centre.

Nelsons won, Not impressively but he won. Dana bad mouthed him. Kimbo lost and looked shit... really really shit loosing, not a shit as being KO'd my a jab but shit and Dana is giving him a UFC contract anyway??

This series of TUF has been one of the worst so far, Im only watching the fights from now on. Fuck watching an hour long show for such poor quality fights!

Does anyone think Dana has come off really badly by letting Kimbo into the UFC? It shows UFC doesnt have the best fighers around but would rather have guys who will sell tshirts (Which Kimbo wont because he is washed up!!) What about getting the Undertaker from WWE in the UFC. He cant fight to the standards of a UFC heavy but hell neither can Kimbo.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER* Empty Re: TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER*

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 pm

decided to watch this one online because i knew, browsing mma sites often as i do, i wouldnt be able to evade spoiliers on such a big fight.

As for the fight itself, Roy did the smart thing, he knew he could beat Kimb easily so he didnt burn to many precious calories and he won it on the ground, easily. He seems to be saving his best for the later rounds/bigger challenges, or at least not going balls out in the first fight.

I still think those punches hurt alot more than it looked on TV.

As for Dana, he obviously didnt like Roy giving him less than a couteous bow and not respecting him like the deity he thinks he is, as a result, he was pissy in the interview, but its dana, i learned not to take him seriously a long time ago, he is just like a greedy little kid who sells out the sport for cash, and is pissed off because he got bald.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER* Empty Re: TUF Kimbo Vs Nelson *Video and SPOILER*

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Don't forget Dana is a buisness man. Although Kimbo's not really a worthy fighter I'd be surprised if we didn't see him fight once or twice in the UFC as he generates interest amongst the casual fans. Dana will probably big him up for a while and talk about how "he's a born fucking fighter" then will cut him after a couple of losses and rubbish him again.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:16 pm

So far the 3 episodes of TUF 10 are the highest ranking TUF episodes EVER. And that's all down to Kimbo. He's a poor fighter with a soft chin but the public watch him and will continue to do so.

I think Kimbo vs Chuck is a fight that makes sense. It'd give Chuck a punching bag to finish off his career on and the ratings would be INSANE!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 pm

I agree with Ben, that this is not the last time we see Kimbo fight in TUF. No way in hell would they kick him out so soon after all the ratings they would have he would gotten them in TUF. Did u notice how they made sure at the end of the episode that Kimbo could fill in for the injured guy?? They dont want people switching off after Kimbo got beat.

I dont think i heard the leak that kimbo will fight in tuf Finale but i am positive Kimbo fights again on TUF, you can see it in the very first preview video, where they have Kimbo landing a shot against another downed opponent.

Although after yesterdays performance i really wish they would kick him out bit it aint gonna happen. If any of us were in Dana position we would do the same too........

Here is the clip im talking about, sorry for shit music. Rolling Eyes

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 pm

I just watched this fight.

To be fair to Kimbo, for the first 3 and a half minutes of the fight he was winning it. Better striking, good movement, a nice leg kick and he got Nelson backed up against the cage. Then Nelson leaned on him and then did a trip/bellyflop combo and that was the end of the fighting. Nelson then put his belly on Kimbo's face, trapped his arm and punched him on the top of the head for the rest of the round doing NO DAMAGE at all.

In the second round Kimbo was again easily getting the better of the stand-up, landed a couple of big shots and rocked Nelson. Kimbo did make a mistake in trying a knee whilst defending the takedown. Again Nelson trapped an arm, put his belly on Kimbo's face and punched him in the top of the head doing NO DAMAGE at all. The fight was not stopped because of punches, it was stopped because Kimbo couldn't shift Nelson off of him and was in danger of suffocating!

I think Kimbo looked much improved in this fight, lets not forget that although Nelson is a fat slop, he's also a top 15 HW. Kimbo had never faced anyone of his level before yet he won the stand-up side of things and only lost the fight because he couldn't get out from under all that dead weight. Nelson doesn't control people on the ground, he lies on them with all that blubber and it's impossible to move.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:36 pm

brock does exactly the same and he is champ, except he has muscle instead of fat, but its all weight when you're laying on someone, as for Kimbo, he lost not because nelson is fat, but because he has zero ground skills and gave up mount within about 0.2 seconds of the takedown.

and it must have been stopped because of the punches, ufc rules no longer allow smothering.
    If it hadnt stopped, there would have been serious damage, kimbo had 0% chance of escape before the end of round and would have taken 100 more head shots, although fairly weak ones the damage accumulates especially when getting hit in the same spot.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Yeah agree Kimbo eating unanswered punches wouldnt have been good for him, even if they were taps Kimbo is chinny... a few solid minutes of it and he woulda been spent with Roys weight on him. I was unimpressed with Kimbo on the feet the Leg kick wasnt great, and he didnt land the jab despite having a 3" reach advantage, Infact Nelson controlled the range with his jab! Nelson didnt land on the feet but Ketp Kimbo at bay till he got a takedown.

Kimbo might be able to beat other guys on the show, He is coming back and was landing punches to a downed opponent which seems promising but the level of tallent on the show is an all time low. Even if Kimbo beats one of those zero cardio NLF players or even Titties I wont be impressed and when I think abouit even the Likes of Pat Barry fighting him I think Kimbo gets mauled so he wont do anything in the devision.

I like Liddell vs Kimbo idea, It makes a lot of money and isnt that what UFC is all about. It would indeed be the Ideal fight to reward Chuck with a big payday as a retirement fight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:55 pm

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/01/roy-nelson-comes-out-swinging-after-beating-kimbo-slice-on-tuf/

good interview with roy, apparently kimbo had a huge heamatoma (sp) after the fight.

would like to see kimbo/crocop.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Anfields got the concept, Kimbo=Money

Anyway he is the best option to come back. The other two are disgraceful for MMA, Abe Wanger doesn't know what wrestling is and Wes Shivers is an abomintion of an MMA fighter. Some people say he won that fight last week, well he deserved to lose for his actions in the octagon, his cardio was appaling. What Evans sees in McSweeney I will never know.

I don't really care aout Kimbo, other TUF losers have been given a second chance after the show so I really don't care. He will never be a champion will he? He seems like a nice guy but and looks passionate about fighting but he is never going to be worth a shit in terms of quality. I like the Liddell vs Kimbo fight idea.

I really dislike Nelson, not because of his attitude but because he is a fat shit. He looks terrible for the sport, MMA fighters have to be athletes like GSP or Lesner, or extremly talented like Fedor or Machida. Not everyone is going to be like those guys but the minimum I expect from a fighter is to not look like Roy "Lard ass" Nelson.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 pm

Is anyone else completely taken aback by Kimbo's attitude and work ethic. I never expected him to be so humble and willing to learn. I mean in that interview Roy says after the fight Kimbo asked him to teach him how to get out of crucifix hold and give him pointers on what he did wrong in the fight.

I admit i was one of fans who really did not think much of Kimbo as an MMA fighter, but from the show i can see he really wants to make it to UFC and wants to get better as a mixedmartialartist. I hope he succeeds.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 pm

i am, i wish him the best, but i am extremely doubtful if he will ever be a top 10-15 fighter.
    He is at the age most guys start to think about retirement, he is around the same age as Crocop, Matt hughes, frank shamrock etc.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Is anyone else more impressed with Kimbo's body hair?? No I don't mean his beard - I mean his chest hair tribute to Brock Lesnar!!

It really looks like Brock's phallic tattoo!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah Kimbo is an OK guy but a c class MMA fighter. Nelson is a bit of a loudmouth but MMA loves characters... he came across as a reall likeable guy in that interview. Maby a bit arrogant but fighers often are but he calls things like he sees them.

ChelseaQuinsfan who cares if he isnt as ripped as other fighters, James Tony is in terrible shape, Chris Arreola is also in bad shape, these are heavyweigths in combat sports there have always been fat heavys. Tony "Two Ton" Galento was just a fat guy but he dropped Joe Louis the greatest heavyweigt boxer ever. K-1 has any number of Islander fat boys fighting for them.. Serfo wasnt ever cut, Hunt is fat, Mo is fat... I Could go on! I dont get why Roy Nelson will be a black eye on UFC because he has a belly!! I dont care what fighers look like, Nelson has been in a few good fights he was KO'd a few people impressivly too. That and BJJ doesnt rely on you being a Physical freak like Wrestling. Just dont see why Kimbo having weird chest hair and a beard makes him good for the UFC because he is so Ghetto but Nelson who is a really skilled grappler and a tallented ATHLETE makes the sport look bad.

Yeah Crocop vs kimbo was what I said would make a good last fight Chesty id like to see that happen but Liddell would draw far bigger numbers. And Chuck has put on much more of a show in recent fights.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:43 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:brock does exactly the same and he is champ, except he has muscle instead of fat, but its all weight when you're laying on someone, as for Kimbo, he lost not because nelson is fat, but because he has zero ground skills and gave up mount within about 0.2 seconds of the takedown.

and it must have been stopped because of the punches, ufc rules no longer allow smothering.
    If it hadnt stopped, there would have been serious damage, kimbo had 0% chance of escape before the end of round and would have taken 100 more head shots, although fairly weak ones the damage accumulates especially when getting hit in the same spot.

I was being sarcastic. But those punches were doing no damage at all. The fight was stopped because Kimbo was never going to get out from under that belly and Herb Dean knew it was pointless to let the fight continue.

You get a 250 tub of lard belly flopping on you at speed and it will knock the wind out of you. That's what happened Kimbo. Nelson bounced into the mount. Kimbo has no ground game, agreed. But you put anyone under that fat fuck and they will struggle to do anything. Watch his fight against Jason Godsey. Godsey is a black belt in BJJ and he could do nothing off his back against the belly of doom!

Lesnar controls people using skill and power. He does not do the same as Nelson who doesn't actually do anything except use his fat to constrict his opponents breathing and then take advantage when they become fatigued from trying to move him.

And to whoever said Kimbo was chinny. How is that relevant when he was getting hit on TOP of his head??
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 am

woah woah woah. Who said you have to be ripped/ take performance enhancing supplements to be a fighter? Like somebody said, look at James Toney, Chris Arreola, Danny Williams etc in the world of boxing, I mean for gods sake look at Fedor Emelianenko! everyone (rightly) thinks he is the greatest fighter in the world, and you have to admit, the guy is chubby.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 am

You're right Ben, Kimbo said something about getting ready for his 'fight in December' in an interview the other day, and frankly Dana would be an idiot not to put him on the TUF finale card, even if he has bombed out on the show.

I can't honestly see the point in him though, he's a lower tier fighter, and so what if he's humble? I don't see that as something to applaud, after all what has he achieved in MMA to be arrogant about? It's a good thing he wants to learn or he's just going to keep getting his ass handed to him. If the only reason he's popular is because he's some 'ard man from the backstreets then go to google and type in 'prison fights' and you'll see a thousand people who would smash him to pieces in his backyard never mind the octagon.

I don't even buy into this amazing work ethic that people talk about him having. It's all for the cameras. Ask Bas Rutten how he feels about his work ethic, I'll take his word for it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:57 am

Albion_Oakley wrote:woah woah woah. Who said you have to be ripped/ take performance enhancing supplements to be a fighter? Like somebody said, look at James Toney, Chris Arreola, Danny Williams etc in the world of boxing, I mean for gods sake look at Fedor Emelianenko! everyone (rightly) thinks he is the greatest fighter in the world, and you have to admit, the guy is chubby.

Fedor isn't chubby. He looks chubby because he doesn't do 1000 sit ups a day to get Tito-esque abs.

James Toney is 104 years old. A man is allowed to be fat at that age, in his prime he was in great shape.

Arreola is a slob and a poor fighter.

Danny Williams. Anyone that is 1-1 with Audley "Ainsley Harriott" Harrison does not deserve a mention.

Roy Nelson is a fat slob.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 pm

"he doesn't do 1000 sit ups a day to get Tito-esque abs."

Why is this an excuse for Fedor and not for roy nelson? honestly, Fedor in the second TK fight was the size of me. And im a fat twat.

Chris Arreola is a decent fighter, losing once to a Klitscho doesnt make you a bad fighter. Danny Williams may be 1-1 with "Big Audders" , but he also beat Tyson and got a world title fight.

My point is, if your good, your good. You therefore deserve the same exposure as anyone else in your sport at your level. Next you'll be hating fighters for being ugly or something!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 pm

"Next you'll be hating fighters for being ugly or something!"

I find it hard to like Frank Mir in light of that little bit of fluff on his chin, and I actually do have a problem with Jason Macdonald purely because I don't like his face.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Theres far better reasons to hate frank Mir Smile

You dont like J- MAC? wierd hahaha
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Fedor isn't really that fat, he could do with some better shape but he looks great and fights brilliant. There is a difference between Nelson and Fedor in size and skill, Fedor is a master of so many different MMA styles thats why he is so good. He isn't a cardio freak like Tito,Sherk, Hughes ect but at his skill level he doesn't need to be.

James Toney is 104 years old. A man is allowed to be fat at that age, in his prime he was in great shape.

Arreola is a slob and a poor fighter.

Danny Williams. Anyone that is 1-1 with Audley "Ainsley Harriott" Harrison does not deserve a mention.

Roy Nelson is a fat slob.

I pretty much agree with this, there is no fat class fighter. Nelson hasn't beaten anyone that impressive on his list.

Look at all the champions:

LW: BJ Penn-He realised he needed to be in better shape if he wants to become one of the best. Very well rounded and a very good athlete.

WW: GSP-One of the best athletes in MMA, excellent shape, very well rounded and excellently conditioned.

MW:A SIlva- Pretty good shape and versitile.

LWH: Well conditioned, pretty good shape and so many tools to his game

HW: An superb athlete, strong, big and fast.

I don't mind Nelson that much, I just don't think he is going to be a worthy title contender and one of the main reasons his disgusting physique. Who would you rather represent the sport of MMA GSP or Nelson? The thing is, he looks like he could be a 205 fighter if he just fucking worked out and lost that belly. At least his conditioning isn't that bad unlike the disgrace that was Wes Shivers Laughing

Also, I think Lesner's offence is a little bit more destructive than Nelson's. Nelson throws slaps, Lesner changes faces to hamburger meat.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:23 am

Albion_Oakley wrote:"he doesn't do 1000 sit ups a day to get Tito-esque abs."

Why is this an excuse for Fedor and not for roy nelson? honestly, Fedor in the second TK fight was the size of me. And im a fat twat.

Chris Arreola is a decent fighter, losing once to a Klitscho doesnt make you a bad fighter. Danny Williams may be 1-1 with "Big Audders" , but he also beat Tyson and got a world title fight.

My point is, if your good, your good. You therefore deserve the same exposure as anyone else in your sport at your level. Next you'll be hating fighters for being ugly or something!

Fedor has a flat stomach. Roy Nelson's belly hangs inches over and below his waist band!!! Fedor doesn't have abs like Tito because he doesn't do 1000 sit-ups a day. If Nelson tried to do 1000 sit-ups a day he'd have a heart attack. He has a belly cos he spends all his time in Burger King.

Arreola is a poor fighter who didn't lose. He got battered. Not even a single round was close.

Danny Williams beat a Mike Tyson who was only fighting for money and tore his ACL during the fight. Tyson was beating him until he blew out his knee.

None of those fighters, Nelson, Arreola or Williams, are good. And Williams showed just how shit he is on Prizefighter.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Dana would have a problem with Nelson because I remember reading that when Zuffa took over the UFC, he wanted to move the sport of MMA away from fat beer bellied bar brawlers to showcasing highly athletic, skilled sportsmen.

Of course, that was then. While Nelson maybe skilled, he doesn't have great marketability which would be held against him in a big way!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:40 am