THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles. Empty Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles.

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 pm

"Both Overeem and Fedor are great fighters, I would be more than happy to fight either one. I have a lot of respect for each of them Ultimately, whoever it is, I will be happy to be in the cage and will give it my utmost and fight my heart out. I know that I can beat both Overeem and Fedor, so whatever happens, I guarantee that the fans will see an awesome fight, and I'll be prepared."

“Strikeforce hasn't yet given us a definite opponent, but it seemed likely that it was going to be Overeem, and I've been kind of planning accordingly," Silva said. "I believe Scott Coker has said to a few people that I'm likely to fight Overeem next, and I would be truly honored to fight him for the Strikeforce title."

SF Say Fedor isnt ready to go for the October cards, but Fedors people have been given a list of 3 possible opponents, Bigfoot/Overeem/Sergei...

Bigfoot sounds ready to go by October, Fedor isnt, Overeem sounds like he is off to K-1 in October, Werdum is out till early 2011.

Shocking with that much tallen in 1 place Coker could be in danger of ballsing everything up...
    -----------------------------------------------
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles. Empty Re: Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles.

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 am

SF dont have the benefit of a strong deep roster like what UFC has. That coupled with the fact that there no.1 HW at the moment is injured for a long time, and they dont have the balls to stand up to Overeem, instead let him do what he wants.

Means that this scenario is inevitable for them.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles. Empty Re: Bigfoot waiting... SF still going round in circles.

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 am

They just have to be less scared of Fedor and Overeem they need to be like UFC and tell people who they are fighting and when...

Fedor is ready to go so if Bigfoot, simple make them fight in october

Werdum is number 1 contender to Overeems belt but out till 2011 so let Overeem do the 2010 GP and fight Werdum is Jan/Feb

Let the Fedor vs Bigfoot winner be number 1 contender ine June or so...

Its easy if SF put their foot down and told fighter who they would fight and when it would work.

Overeem vs Werdum
    Fedor vs Bigfoot
    Sergei vs Rogers
    SDR vs Arlovski
    Lavar vs V.Overeem
    Griggs/Cormier vs Sefo

Good matchmaking can counter lack of depth but it seems too many of SF's heavies are free to do what they please for example

Sefo = Found out he couldnt grapple and MMA wasnt for him, hasnt fought in about a year
    Lashley = allowed to fight Bums for as long as he wanted
    Overeem = threatening to fuck of to K-1
    Feodr = Co-Promote and has the option to cherry pick opponents

UFC has fighters by the balls, fighers have SF by the balls they need to run a tighter ship as the saying goes.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:They just have to be less scared of Fedor and Overeem they need to be like UFC and tell people who they are fighting and when...

This is the same UFC that have tried telling Fitch and Koscheck that they'll fight? and Machida and Anderson that they'll fight?? That UFC?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:23 am