THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Bigfoot interview

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bigfoot interview Empty Bigfoot interview

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 24, 2010 11:50 pm

“It all went out just as I planed, as I trained hard along with my coaches. I didn’t lose my focus, which was to do the fight standing and, thanks God, my strategy worked. I set a strategy for this fight and managed to use it. Usually we train one thing, then when you get there, everything changes and goes to a different way inside the octagon.”

“My game plan was standing, because I’m doing that just fine, improving every day, correcting my defects… two months ago, my exchanging coach, Muhamed Ouali solved his issue with the immigration and came back here, after Werdum’s fight and I decided to do my own camp. I spoke to everyone at American Top Team and I decided to get off there to do my own camp, I’m feeling fine, at ease. A lot of people said Arlovski is not the same fighter he used to be… It’s not that he’s not that same good athlete, it’s me that am changing my game plan and improving each day, thanks God.”

On where he sees himself in a stacked Strikeforce heavyweight division, Silva said:

“Man, it’s all great, it’s a great division and there are only good people like Arlovski, Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, who came back with all his strength. I fought on Saturday, got home on Sunday and yesterday I trained five rounds with Banha. I had promised him that, independently if I win or lose, I’d help him on his preparation for his fight (UFC 114) and yesterday we did a five rounds preparation on the gym. After his fight I’ll take two weeks off, which is normal. I’ll way for the Strikeforce, because now it’s complicated, since Overeem said he wants to fight against Fedor, and he’s the current champion, and Fedor has a commitment with Werdum.”

“As I said to Werdum, I’ll be on his side, I want him to win, because he is a Brazilian coming on that ring. I told him that there’s always a favorite for any fight. The favorite is Fedor, without any doubts, but a fight is a fight. He will train a lot and I’m sure he will be focused. We don’t know what will happen in the future. The winner of this fight is the guy that will fight against Overeem, but I don’t know if they’ll do another fight before this one or not. I’m waiting. I want to end this training with Banha and hold on. Strikeforce is very exciting, is feels very good to be in there. I’m very happy, thanks God.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bigfoot interview Empty Re: Bigfoot interview

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 25, 2010 12:07 am

Ive always liked Bigfoot, I think he reminds me of of a childhood hero...

Bigfoot interview Andre-The-Giant2

Laughing

For some reason I dont think he has a lot of power for his size though, I think he would struggle agasint Rogers and Overeem for some reason. He looked very good against Arlovski and I think Smaller heavys can find him overwhelming on the front foot.

People think he will see him and Rogers next then? I think Rogers is the only passible fight for him unless he waits around to see if Werdum looses to Fedor and there a rematch. Shame there isnt much Depth to the SF Heavyweight devision.

Id love him to win his next one and clear off to UFC, Id much rather see him vs Nelson or him vs Duffee for his 1st fight! I could be wrong but I think he used to be in better shape in his earlier career, Maby he cant do much weight training in order to stay at 265lbs?

Another though was Lashley but again that maby envolves waiting around a while, What about King Mo? He said he was willing to fight at Both weights and wants a fight with Fedor, its hardly like there a title contender nipping at his heels....

Wikipedia actually have their full roster.

* Alistair Overeem, Current Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion.
    * Fedor Emelianenko
    * Andrei Arlovski
    * Fabricio Werdum
    * Antonio Silva
    * Brett Rogers
    * Daniel Cormier
    * Shane Del Rosario
    * Lavar Johnson
    * Mike Kyle
    * Ray Sefo
    * Herschel Walker
    * Mike Whitehead
    * Bobby Lashley
    * Ron "The Monster" Sparks
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue May 25, 2010 12:29 am

Big foot is one of those guys who can cause alot of trouble to guys ranked above him. His size and power and ground game makes can cause problems to many and he also displayed good technique and head movement in his striking against Arlovski. So he's getting better and improving all the time aswell.

I still dont know how he didnt finish Werdum and end up loosing the fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 am

Bigfoot was suffering from a bad case of GGS that night I hear (Gabriel Gonzaga Syndrome)
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Big foot seems to be happy to counter strike, found him a bit frustrating against Arlovski as I was willing him forward to engage, a fighter like Arlovski makes big foot Silva look good, he does seem to struggle against opponents less willing to walk forward and play to his game plan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:48 pm