THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Results from WEC 50

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Results from WEC 50 Empty Results from WEC 50

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:55 pm

I know this is a lttle late but I thought someone would have done a post on this already,especially since it was a WEC event and we all know they never let you down,this event was no exception,great night of fights.

WEC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz scored a split decision over challenger Joseph Benavidez on Wednesday to retain the 135-pound title in the main event of WEC 50 in Las Vegas.

Both fighters ended up bloodied after going toe-to-toe for much of the 25-minute headliner, but Cruz’s reach and takedowns proved to be the difference in earning a split decision with scores of 47-48, 48-47, and 49-46.
    No way in the world that should have been a SD,Cruz UD without a doubt(cost most of us 10 pts in the prediction league I bet Mad )

The WEC 50 co-main event saw lightweight contender Anthony Pettis stuff the takedowns of Shane Roller to keep the fight on their feet, where he connected with strikes before finally forcing Roller to tap to a triangle choke with just 9-seconds left in the bout.
    Pettis looked absolutely brilliant,the guy has skills and tricks in all departments of MMA,that kick he lands,I think it was in the 2nd,looked like a move out of a Jackie chan film,it was great,The finish was sweet also.

In other WEC 50 action, Scott Jorgensen likely earned the next shot at the bantamweight title with a unanimous decision over Brad Pickett,FOTN without a doubt,not as good as Garcia and Zombie,but it's right up there as a must watch.

featherweight Chad Mendes remained unbeaten with a unanimous decision over Cub Swanson,(Mendes has made a claim for the most boring wrestler in MMA,wrestling with zero striking ZZZZZZZZZ,one to watch if your having trouble sleeping)

lightweight Bart Palaszewski scored a second-round TKO of Zach Micklewright.
    Very close good 1st rd,then in the second Bart hit and dropped him early with a big shot and the ref stepped in because Micklewright was out.

The official WEC 50 results were:

MAIN CARD (Versus)

Champ Dominick Cruz def. Joseph Benavidez via split decision (47-48, 48-47, 49-46)
    WEC Bantamweight Championship
    Anthony Pettis def. Shane Roller via submission (triangle choke) – Round 3, 4:51
    Chad Mendes def. Cub Swanson via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28
    Scott Jorgensen def. Brad Pickett via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
    Bart Palaszewski def. Zach Micklewright via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:31
    PRELIMINARY CARD

Maciej Jewtuszko def. Anthony Njokuani via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:35
    Javier Vazquez def. Mackens Semerzier via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:35
    Ricardo Lamas def. Dave Jansen via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
    Fredson Paixao def. Bryan Caraway via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
    Danny Castillo def. Dustin Poirier via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

if you find videos or links to videos please post them.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Results from WEC 50 Empty Re: Results from WEC 50

Post  sunthunder Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:34 am

It was a great event. I thought the main event was actually incredibly close, but I was watching a stream so it has harder to judge what strikes actually landed. I had it scored for Benavidez.

So many great fights. The Pettis vs Roller fight might be my fight of the year so far, but Jorgensen vs Picket was almost as good.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Any video links to this? I hope ESPN pick up WEC soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am