THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
rudeboyben84
payneNglory1
6 posters

WEC 49 results

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

WEC 49 results Empty WEC 49 results

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:52 pm

an absolutely brilliant night of fights,with another awful bit of judging in the main event.

Can't say enough good things about it,enjoyed every second with two fights up there as fight of the year candidates(not quite as good as garcia vs Zombie though)

Please for everybodys sakes,if you have vids,please post them.

Main card

LW:Jamie Varner vs. Kamal Shalorus
    Varner and Shalorus fought to a split draw (29-27, 27-29, 28-28). Shalorus had one point deducted for illegal kicks to the groin.

Shalorus walks out to "Blame it on the alcohol" by Jamie Foxx. Varner hears the boos as he makes his way towards the cage to Eminem's "Not Afraid."

Round 1: Varner double jabs and sneaks through a straight right. Shalorus lands two leg kicks. Varner misses a big right hand. Varner is looking to land big. Varner counters a leg kick with a combo that ends with a right on Shalorus. Varner counters again off one of Shalorus' frequent leg kicks but Shalorus fires back this time. Shalorus lands an outside, inside and outside leg kick and Varner smiles. Varner lands a straight left. Varner lands a right and Varner ducks down. Varner goes for the finish. Shalorus recomposes throws his own combo and then backs off to stretch his arms out and yell in excitement. Wild. Shalorus grabs a leg, but Varner slips out. Varner lands a left. Shalorus scored on a number of leg kicks, but it was Varner's faster and crisper boxing that will win him the opening round of this main event.
    I had this RD 10-9 Varner

Round 2: Shalorus continues to chop at the legs of Varner. A low blow delays the fight momentarily at 3:42. Varner lands a nice left as Shalorus comes in with a kick. Varner lands with the left hook and straight right. Shalorus lands another low blow at 3:00 and Varner is down in pain. Referee Josh Rosenthal deducts one point away from Shalorus for his second low blow. Shalorus looks like he's going to need a finish for sure now. The clock back on at 2:55. Shalorus stalks Varner with more leg kicks and body kicks. Varner's kick is caught and a right hand stuns Shalorus. Varner lands more but Shalorus backs off once again to raise his arms up to pump up himself and the crowd. Shalorus lands a left hook. Varner slows and circles away for the remainder of the round. Shaolorus unloads on Varner, who covers.
    Should of been a 10-8 rd Varner

Round 3: Shalorus lands another kick below the belt early on and Varner is hurt on his back. Replays show the kick is clearly low. Rosenthal gives Shalorus a small lecture but lets him slide without another point deduction. Varner asks Rosenthal for time and if there was another point deduction. Back on, Varner looks fresher. Shalorus targets kicks towards Varner's body instead of risking another illegal blow. Shalorus catches a leg and quickly takes Varner down for the first time in the fight. Varner is doing a good job preventing Shalorus' attempt at ground and pound. Shalorus has to settle with open palm strikes to the body. Varner with elbows off his back. Varner avoids a punch and sits up for the guillotine. Shalorus escapes towards Varner's halfguard. Varner pushes him off and they are back up with less than half-a-minute remaining. Varner does quick Shalorus impression by raising his hands during the 10-second warning.
    10-9 Shalorus

Bruce Buffer announces the score cards ... 29-27 for Shalorus (What?). 29-27 for Varner. Cecil Peoples scores it 28-28. And the fight is a draw.

Absolutely rediculas decision,I'm not Varner biggest fan but there is no way on earth that he lost this fight.
    Cecil peoples scored this a draw,with the pt deduction and guess what Kamals most used strikes were,you got it, leg kicks Laughing

FW:Mark Hominick vs. Yves Jabouin
    Hominick defeated Jabouin via TKO (strikes) at 3:21 of round 2.
    Fantastic fight,between them they threw every single strike possible in MMA,combinations,spinning elbows,backfists and kicks,you name it they threw it.

Hominick landed a huge left hand to the body in the second round that caused Jabouin to crumple to the canvas, and it looked like Hominick was close to finishing Jabouin. But incredibly, Jabouin got up and landed a hook to Hominick's chin that left Hominick flat on his back. Jabouin pounced on top of Hominick on the ground, but then it was Hominick who showed the superior jiu jitsu, mounting Jabouin and raining punches down on him until the referee stopped the fight with a minute and a half left in the round.

FW:Josh Grispi vs. LC Davis
    Grispi defeated Davis via technical submission (guillotine choke) at 2:33 of round 1.

Grispi is a huge featherweight and took advantage of his reach in the early going, landing several kicks while out of Davis's range. Davis knew that Grispi was controlling him in the stand-up and that he needed to change something, and so he used his superior strength and wrestling to pick Grispi down and slam him to the ground.

But Grispi was too good: He calmly pulled Davis into his guard, sunk in a guillotine choke, and squeezed until Davis was unconscious and the referee had to stop the fight. The official time was 2:33 of the first round.

LW:Chris Horodecki vs Danny Downes
    Horodecki defeated Downes via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:09 of round 3.

Horodecki controlled the first round on the ground, but Downes at least deserves credit for surviving, including looking very poised and relaxed when Horodecki sunk in a guillotine choke that he was eventually forced to release. It wasn't a good first round for Downes, but it was better than expected.

Early in the second Horodecki landed a 1-2 punch combination straight to Downes' face, and then he started getting creative with spinning back kicks and such. As the round wore on, Horodecki had no trouble at all landing whatever strikes he wanted to throw, and Downes looked seriously outclassed.

In the third Horodecki and Downes both came out like they were fired out of a cannon, as though neither one of them wanted the fight to go to a decision. Downes was actually the one who went for a throw first, but Horodecki shrugged him off and then took Downes down, getting him into side control, getting his back and eventually getting him to tap with a rear-naked choke.

BW:Eddie Wineland vs. Will Campuzano
    Wineland defeated Campuzano via TKO (strikes) at 4:44 of round 2.
    This was a fantastic start to the card and didn't think it would be rivaled as the FOTN untill the Hominick fight.
    On a couple of occasions in the first round, Wineland caught Campuzano kicks with his left hand and hit Campuzano hard with his right, and throughout the round he was generally the more effective striker, although Campuzano did connect with Wineland's head on one hard kick in a fast-paced first round.

In the second round Campuzano started to throw more punch combinations, but Wineland's head movement was outstanding as he dodged those punches, and then with just over a minute left in the second, Wineland rocked Campuzano with a huge right hand of his own. From there Wineland went to town, landing punch after punch after punch to Campuzano's head, while Campuzano showed a great deal of heart just to survive.

Eventually, as the two stood toe-to-toe against the cage and Wineland battered Campuzano's head, Wineland got the bright idea to go to Campuzano's body, and that's what did it: One hard punch to the gut dropped Campuzano, and the referee stepped in and stopped the fight.

There was some great body shots all night and the action was none stop,as I said before this card is a must watch.

Preliminary card

LW:Karen Darabedyan vs. Will Kerr
    Kerr defeated Darabedyan via submission (armbar) at 1:20 of round 1.

BW:Wagnney Fabiano vs. Frank Gomez
    Fabiano defeated Gomez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

FW:Erik Koch vs. Bendy Casimir
    Koch defeated Casmir via submission (triangle choke) at 3:01 of round 1.

FW:Raphael Assunção vs. Diego Nunes
    Nunes defeated Assunção via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29).

BW:Rafael Rebello vs. Chris Cariaso
    Cariaso defeated Rebello via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28).

Catchweight (142lbs) bout: Renan Barão vs. Anthony Leone
    Barao defeated Leone via submission (armbar) at 2:29 of round 3.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

WEC 49 results Empty Re: WEC 49 results

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Im still looking for vids mate, you seen any of it yet?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Currently downloading WEC 49 and Sengoku. Any thoughts on what I should watch first?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Well you no what i'd say anyway Wink

I haven't seen the Sengaku fights yet,but I promise you,you will not be disapointed in the WEC card,it was great.

The Horodecki fight was the worst one,but it was still good.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Where you downloading them from mate? any good links? Ive found the odd WEC fight on linker but no Sengoku
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:51 pm

www.xtremespeeds.net

You have to register and it's an upload to download type deal. Or you can just donate to the site and download like a motherfucker which is what i do!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:45 pm

good job, cheers mate! cheers

Let us know what Sengoku is like anfield, I couldnt be arsed trying to figure that site out, im not the most computer literate.... it took me 3 weeks to get the internet of fuck sake! Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Also what is Wagnney Fabiano doing on the undercard of a WEC event? the guy is a stone cold killer!! I seriously think he will be a title contender at 135
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:12 pm

yeah,I was wondering why Fabiano was on the undercard.

Very good fighter
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Erik Koch KICKED ASS!! He looks a hell of a figher, he gets his stance so low when striking.

Let me know if you find a video of Fabianos fight, even though it goes to decision id watch it! I was looking through old posts i missed not having the internet.... good to see we share two loves Payne...

MMA and

Big asses! Laughing

WEC 49 results Kim-kardashian-booty
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 pm

this is nice

WEC 49 results Nice-butt-girls-most-beautiful-%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BC%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B5-ass-bikini-Thong-culo-KOON-ASSSSSSS-Perfect-body-keiths-pics-Favorit-X-i-love-this-ass-Luv-of-Women-meny-hot-Sexy-bums_large

these are better

WEC 49 results 633756848396261645-ThePerfectAss-t2

These are just wrong

WEC 49 results Big
    WEC 49 results Butt

affraid affraid
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fuck nearly choked on my drink looking at that!! so so wrong...

I think the one in the middle has Elephantitus!

WEC 49 results Elephanti

Laughing
    Chimezero
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Chimezero Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm

www.xtremespeeds.net

guys I would highly recommond signing up for the site, most MMA is uploded to the site fairly quickly, generally within hours although strikeforce does take a bit longer.
    You do normally need to seed but UFC 1 - 100, all pride events and all the fight nights are free leech enjoy!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Also they have all the Sengoku events, all the strikeforce events and my mate is going to be uploading all the Dream and WEC events as soon as he gets them all together.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm

im trying to sign up for it but wont let me because i dont have an invite code can anybody help
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

No luck either looks like I need an Invite code as well....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 pm

pm me your email addresses

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:23 am