THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
6 posters

K-1 Final 8

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

K-1 Final 8 Empty K-1 Final 8

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Badr Hari vs Ruslan Karaev
    Ewerton Texeira vs Alistair Overeem
    Jerome LeBanner vs Semmy Schilt
    Remy Bonjasky vs Errol Zimmerman

Some good matchups there, Hari and Karaev are 1-1 so Hari picked him to fight, I think he should make short work of him this time.

Bonjasky equally should stop Zimmerman

and Overeem loosing to Texeira would be one hell of an upset...

Le Banner has already lost to Schilt 3 times, I feel sorrt for JLB he has been one of K-1 best guys but just keeps falling short against Schilt. Id love to see him win because I trained with someone who knew JLB.

So we unless there are any major upsets It will be Overeem/Schilt/Bonjasky/Hari!!! they will be great Semi Final matchups if that the way it works out. If that does happen Id much rather see Schilt vs Overeem because its a new fight, But being teammates I wonder if they will want to avoid this figth?

Im really hoping JLB beats Schilt. Id love to see him win the GP or at least get a fight with Overeem or Badr Hari becase both would be new fights and fights I think would be Epic.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

K-1 Final 8 Empty Re: K-1 Final 8

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:34 pm

It's time for Strikeforce to strip the human steroid machine of his title and let him go do K1 under, shall we say relaxed, drug testing laws.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

K-1 Final 8 Empty Por Pramuck

Post  pinsman Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:12 pm

HI! I'm new to this forum guys, just wondering does por pramuk still compete I K1??
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 pm

yeah buakaw is fighting in the final 4 of the world max against andy souwer on the 26th of october!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Awesome i'll keep an eye out love his fighting style!
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 pm

It's going to an awesome show. I just hope there is a definitive champion at the end of it. It was such a shame that Hari over stepped the mark last year. I think he's come back better than before and have high hopes for him.

Fight of the night is going to be Karaev versus Hari. I've seen Karaev's controversial elbow and low kick knock out of Hari. Those two really know how to go for broke. They are the epitome of K1, fighting at pace for every second of the fight. I wouldn't want to place any money on that fight as they both know how to bang.

I'd love to see Le Banner beat Schilt as I'm so tired of Semmy's left, right, left kick routine. He just doesn't seem to want to push the fight as much. If he had a real killer instinct then the final 8 should be worried. On the other hand, Aerts showed people how to beat Schilt last year and Hari copied the same method to knock him out. You can't allow Schilt to fight at his pace and at his distance. Lots of hooks and uppercuts close in and pressing the action leaves him off balance. Hopefully, Le Banner uses this tactic and beats him.

Bone Crusher versus Bonjasky should be awesome, filled with lots of high flying craziness. I loved Zimmerman's fight against Feitosa last year especially when he finished the round with a huge double flying knee. I have to agree with what Melvin Manhoef said about Bonjasky, he's a sports star and not a fighter. He goes for the win and not the knockout and I thought he robbed Melvin in their last fight. I think Zimmerman has the potential to beat him especially if he keeps up the pressure.

I'm not impressed by Texeiria and Overeem has been a beast in K1 recently (both in his fighting ability and in size!) I can't believe that guy once fought at 205lbs. I hate repeating it but I'd love to see some proof of whether or not he's been taking anything but the way he seems to avoid fighting in the US does suggest a lot.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:40 pm

hoping le banner wins it this year hes by far the best fighter to never the grand prix but i think its going to be another final between hari/bonjasky as both are the two best in it i like overeem in mma but not his style in k-1 of just pushing your opponents around and throwing them at every opportunity but think he has a good chance of getting into the semi's as i think he will beat texeira also fight of the night is definetley going to be hari/karaev cant see it getting out of the first round bot will look for the early knock out and will make a great fight
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:43 pm

This is prob asked every week but where can I watch K1?
    It used to be on eurosport but not seen it on there for ages???
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:47 pm

not shown live here dont no when there shown on eurosport but you can watch them live on justin.tv the quality is usually very good
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:31 pm

I really hope Hari wins it this year. If he can keep his temper in check he should win it all. I think he'll batter Overeem if he gets him for their rematch.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 am

Im pretty confident Hari wil win this, he just needs to keep a cool head, not act like a prick and he has all the tools to win it. If not I hope JLB wins, hopefully he finally beats Shilt.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:24 pm