THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

What is next for UFC on Versus fighters

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

What is next for UFC on Versus fighters  Empty What is next for UFC on Versus fighters

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:06 am

Bones Jones: T. Silva, Griffin or Franklin in a solid co-main event PPV slot.

Janitor: Brandon Vera, Luiz Cane, Stephan Bonnar or Krzysztof

Yushin Okami: Fill in for Belcher vs. Maia, Winner of Nate/Palhares or maybe Belfort.

Mark Munoz: Quarry, Rivera, Stann, Aaron Simpson

John Howard: Riddle,Ben Saunders or Matt Brown

Jake Ellenberger: Amir or Swick.

Takanori Gomi: Goergie Stropodopolus,Guillard or Joe Daddy

Tyson Griffin: Guida,Fisher or Etim.

Charles Oliveira: Etim,Siver,Lentz or Cole Miller

Brian Stann: Munoz,Quarry, Grove,Lawler or Rivera

Jacob Volkmann: Lauzon, Jim Miller,or Dos Anjos

Matt Riddle: Pyle,Howard, McDonald or Wilks.

James Irvin: cut.

Elkins: ????? maybe a new comer,can't think of anyone of the top of my head

DaMarques Johnson: Court Mcgee,Kris McCray

Mike Massenzio:??? might get cut,or maybe 1 more chance

Steve Steinbeiss:cut

Paul Kelly:Gunderson,Riley

Kimmons:Quarry,Grove,CB.

Igor Pokrajac:Petrazelli,Krystoff,Phil davis

Who do you guys think might be the next opponents for them ?

I'd probably just stick to the bigger names,started doing my head in half way through. bounce
    Think i should of just stopped with the main eventers Neutral
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

What is next for UFC on Versus fighters  Empty Re: What is next for UFC on Versus fighters

Post  Ginginho Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:23 am

If the UFC are thinking of giving Jones tougher competition, then Franklin would be likely - he seems to represent that middle line in the division between top few and the rest.

Dana White was talking about Okami and title shots just before Vs so Belfort would be the most likely option. I know Okami isn't popular on here but I think he should have given a shot a while ago
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

What is next for UFC on Versus fighters  Empty Re: What is next for UFC on Versus fighters

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 am

Bones vs Bonnar = Epic fight
    Forrest vs Bonnar = Epic fight

Forrest vs Bones surely is the fight that has to happen. I think that would ruin Forrest's hopes of another title fight but to sacrafise him for Bones makes sence Bones in on Fire I havnt seen much of his BJJ but Wrestling,Judo,Muay Thai etc.. he seems to have the bases covered. Well rounded guy and will enjoy as Lesnar like advantage because he is as big and as physical a guy you will ever find in the weight class.
    ---------------------------
    Ging I like the Ideal of Belfort vs Okami but I think UFC wont risk the one guy they know will bring the fight to Anderson. Okami is the fighter I can most imagine acting like Leites/Maia and being be passive rather than "going out on his shield" as they say! Okami would get danced at so let him fight Maia and sink or swim without risking the most exciting fight for Anderson.
    ---------------------------
    Gomi vs George sot. makes a lot of sence to me, Big Punch or Crazy sub, it would end with something entertaining anyway which would make a refreshing change to Ellenberger Sleep he makes John Fitch look like a Crocop HL reel! Oliveira vs Siver is another one that has epic finish written all over it! good calls.
    -----------------------

Ellenberger cant fight Swick, Id bet Swick is going back to Mw he has been talking about it. He got sick and couldnt keep weight on. Had some problem, he said he is walking about at 175 or something crazy but said he is getting sorted and might go to Mw as Kos and Fitch are at 170. I think he will make the move.

Krzysztof vs Janitor is a great call too mate

cheers
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 am

would end with something entertaining anyway which would make a refreshing change to Ellenberger he makes John Fitch look like a Crocop HL reel!

Sorry I was just wondering was this a mistake or do you think Ellenberger is boring. He has 20 finishes out of 23 wins, including 15 Kos/Tkos! I think you meant someone else anyway because Ellenberger is a WW and you were talking about LWs.

Was it Maynard you were talking about. He is a LW and the most boring one I can think of. 10 fights-two stoppages.

Forrest vs Bonnar makes a lot of sense to me. Good test for Bones against a solid ground guy with decent standup and excellent cardio AND a big guy as well. He is also a big name.

It won't be Franklin, he's out till atleast December, maybe even next year.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Ben if you can't imagine Belfort being passive then you have a very short memory.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am