THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse... Empty Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse...

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Kang talking to Big John before the fight

“I know he isn’t a judge, but Big John met with some of us before the fights for a rules meeting– he only reffed three or four of our fights – and he said, ‘Look guys, tonight it’s all about damage.’ I asked, ‘What about improving position and advancing?’ and he said ‘I don’t care about that. If you’re just advancing your position and not doing anything, I’m standing you up. I want to see damage and aggression,’" Kang explains. "I wish the judges had have seen it that way as well.”

What is he thinking??

I saw him calling for the fighters to work when Filho was on Kangs back, and When Kang was attemption Kimura's off his back... Big John was warning them saying "come on gentlemen, work"

I think he needs to oull his head out of his arse. I hate watching Wrestlers who are dryhumpers, by all means if they want to hold a position and do nothing with it stand them up quicker... im all for that.

But watching Skilled BJJ guys advance their position is a different story, they are ADVANCING THEIR POSITION, being the main point I guess! Laughing If a fighter is being active and trying to advance his position im happy, If they are holding their guy down with the idea its winning them the fight stand them up, wether its GSP or a total Can dont let them just Pin their guy down with the idea of running out the clock, im all for stopping that sort of behavior.

Telling guys in a grappling war that they are more or less boring him isnt on. Shocking Ref'ing IMO.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse... Empty Re: Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse...

Post  KalDog Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:13 pm

He's a victim of his own celebrity status, Herb is the man for me, I met him at UFC72 and he's really dead on
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse... Empty Re: Big John needs to pull his head out of his arse...

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:33 pm

He is a nice guy. I did think it was comical that Big John got the loudest reception of the night when he was announced as ref.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:19 am

I like Herb, I think he is a great ref because he was a fighter right up untill very recently. Big John needs to understand the fighters arent in there to entertain him...

Maby he should use Cabbage vs Butterbean rules,

If you didnt sub or KO your man on the ground within 30seconds you got stood up! I think that type of rules would keep his bloodlust satisfied! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:57 pm