THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Sengokus 10th battle... Spoilers

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Sengokus 10th battle... Spoilers Empty Sengokus 10th battle... Spoilers

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Here are a few videos and results

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21512/Fabio_Silva_vs_Ryo_Kawamura_Sengoku_10

Wanderlei... I mean Fabio silva scores a 1st round KO

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21517/Dan_Hornbuckle_vs_Nick_Thompson_Sengoku_10

Dan Hornbuckle KO's Nich Thompson in the 2nd

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21516/Joe_Doerksen_vs_Takenori_Sato_Sengoku_10

Doerksen picks up a TKO in the 2nd

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/antonio-silva-vs-jim-york-video-sengoku-10th-battle/

Antonio Silva picks up a 1st round Sub (armtriangle)
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sengokus 10th battle... Spoilers Empty Re: Sengokus 10th battle... Spoilers

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:05 pm

The results that stuck out for me were Joe Dorkensen winning again, 4th time in a row and Dan Hornbuckle defeating Nick Thompson. Hornbuckle, the guy KTFO of Gono has now won four fights in a row and has 9 kos and 7 subs. He is 19-2 and his last loss was to Mike Pyle who is a pretty decent fighter and only lost to good fighters. Thompson was a solid top 15-20 guy and Hornbuckle got a good win. I wonder if its worth the UFC's or Strikeforce's time to sign this guy and maybe develop him into a good fighter. SF/Dream in partcular could do with this guy, imagine Zamirskas vs Hornbuckle. I think SF really need to add to there WW division because its quite poor so they should look to add to it. Obviously they can't get top level guys but even if they sign someone like Che Mills (of TUF 9 and has two wins over Zamirskas) that would be excellent for them. Not only does it add to the division but it potentiolly gives them an overseas star.
    Managing an MMA company really isn't that hard Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Haha I know mat if only we had the money!! Yeah Hornbuckle secured a big victory there, he is a very good figher, Ill add him to the just missed out list on the rankings for sure. He deffo earned his spot. There was a poll on sherdog as to wether he ready for the UFC, I say he is.

Im a big fan of bigfoot so I was happy to see him get the win.

I have only watched those fights, Im going to watch the rest later, Ill post any of the other fights that are worth watching.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Ye I think Silva can cause a lot of fighters problems, he has an akward stance, he is big, a good striker and good on the ground. Don't know if he can hold the belt but he can get close.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21511/Kazunori_Yokota_vs_Ryan_Schultz_Sengoku_10

Schultz KO'd badly!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bigfoot probabally wont make it to the top of the UFC, Lesnar is too Physical or in Strikeforce Fedor is just too good!! So the top of both devisons are dead ends. But there are great fights for him in either promotion. He has one more fight with Sengoku but If they give him Barnett and a Title shot you can bet he wont go to UFC. The Exclusive contract would mean that he would have to drop his belt... I cant wait to see him vs Barnett Id love him to win.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:22 pm

was a good card i was shocked The Lion getting KFTO i think it is time for him to leave Japan as it is obvious Japan doesn't like him (0-3 ouch !)

Hornbuckle is something isn't he that is 2 impressive stoppages against to good fighters at 170 i'd like to see him in strikeforce against Nick Diaz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 pm