THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Paolo_73
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
ChelseaQuinsfan
sunthunder
Anfields5thKing
10 posters

Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg......

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg...... Empty Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg......

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Is anyone else sick of hearing him spout the same nonsense over and over again. Especially the "two of the classiest......." line he constantly spews out regardless of who's fighting.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg...... Empty Re: Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg......

Post  sunthunder Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm in full agreement.

I'm very over hearing what a hungry young lion Dos Santos is.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg...... Empty Re: Someone needs to write some new lines for Mike Goldberg......

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Haha ye, the funniest is when he called BJ classy Laughing Ye only after the fight. I don't mind Goldberg too much but he repeats himself way too much.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Ive said it for a long time, Fire Goldie and bring in Bas..

Also he doesnt know shit about MMA, I remember Rogans saying how Belcher was smashing Sexyama and he just blindly agreed. During the Huerta vs Maynard fight Kflo seemed to be a big Huerta fight while commentating, Goldie followed his lead saying Maby Maynard wont the 2nd round and he could have "stole" the 3rd... Have some balls and make your own calls and opinions... I know they need a colour comentator or whatever but I dont like Goldie, I dont see what he brings to the table that Bas doesnt..

Would Bas and Rogan not be so much more interesting to listen to?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:57 pm

it would be much more interesting, but its the same as football in that you need 1 guy who is the play by play which, apparently is supposed to be goldy, and one colour commentator/analyst.

so it would have to be a combination of one of :

Goldy

Aussie from DREAM (who i like, he uses words like "pwned" and "KTFO")

Quadros

Mauro (who i think is funny, he makes up his own nicknames e.g. "Ukraine freight train" for Igor)

Kenny rice (who knows even less than goldy if thats possible)
    or an unknown

and one or two of:

Rogan (good but biased, not an mma fighter and i wish he wouldn't announce the weigh ins)

Bas (funny and a legend but knows little about the lesser known fighters unlike rogan)

Mezger (knowledge of the game but boring and takes every opportunity to slate the japan's judges)

Miletich (see mezger without the judges bit)

Trigg (i like him he is intelligent)

and i can see randy doing it when he retires (for good)
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:38 am

I don't have too much of a problem with Mike, but I am sick of hearing him describe almost everyone as 'one of the most beloved fighters in UFC history'...

To be honest I don't really listen to either of them whilst the fights are in progress, so I don't really care what they're droning on about. I'd be happiest with Frank Shamrock and Bas in the booth.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:44 am

I hate it when he shout "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"

Yes, we're fucking kidding you. Now shut up
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm

I do wish Goldie took the job offer WWE offered him years ago..........

He isn't the worst commentator i have heard but he is really getting tiring and repetitive now and the Man Love he shows towards Joe Rogan is nauseating i just wish he would get it over with and just give him a blow job on air we all know he wants to Laughing
    Fedorable
    Fedorable
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Fedorable Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Mike is a tad annoying like. The Aussie from Dream is so funny, he would be class. I like Rogan tho he may not have been a pro but he has a really vast knowledge of the sport and of figters in general.
    great_ginger_10
    great_ginger_10
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  great_ginger_10 Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Goldberg doesn't bother me too much. He is a moron though. The way he calls every fighter 'sooooo classy' is annoying, but he may find it hard to keep his job if his commentating went along the lines... ' BJ Penn in the white trunks, world class fighter and world class ass hole', or 'Rashad Evans the worlds greatest fighter in his own head'. Not sure Dana would be too pleased.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:44 am