THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville

Poll

Is Dana talking out his arse?

[ 3 ]
    Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_lcap43%Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_lcap29%Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_lcap14%Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_lcap14%Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville Empty Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu May 13, 2010 11:32 pm

http://www.cagepotato.com/dana-white-stands-ban-daley-says-nate-diaz-post-strikeforce-attack-mayhem-doesnt-warrant-punishmentDana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville Daleypunch

I’m no Josh Koscheck fan. Personally, I think he’s [expletive]. We actually don’t get along very well. I like Paul Daley a lot, but what he did was inexcusable. He walked over to Koscheck and Koscheck could have thought he was coming over to shake hands or congratulate him and he took a cheap shot at him like that. If you throw a sucker punch like that after a fight in the UFC, I don’t care who you are, you’re done. He’ll never fight for us again.
    Mayhem got into the cage when he didn’t belong inside there. He didn’t belong in the interview, but he forced his way into [Jake] Shields’ interview and he started a fight. When you start a fight next to the Diaz brothers [Nathan’s older brother, Nick, was also involved], what do you think is going to happen, particularly if you start a fight with someone from their crew?
    I cut Nick Diaz after he was fighting [Joe Riggs in an emergency room] at the hospital [in Las Vegas following a Feb. 4, 2006, fight]. People are sick and dying and you can’t be in the hospital fighting. I cut the guy even though I know he’s a very good fighter. But the thing with Jake Shields happened because someone wasn’t in control of the cage and let Mayhem in where he didn’t belong. That caused everything else.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville Empty Re: Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm

Hahaha I love that Gif Laughing

I think Diaz should have been suspended for like three months or something, not fired. It has nothing to do with the UFC either, aside from the fact he is associated with them.
    Heterocyclic
    Heterocyclic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville Empty Re: Dana White on Daley's ban compared to Nate Diaz at Strikeforce Nashville

Post  Heterocyclic Fri May 14, 2010 3:16 am

Kinda makes sense to me. Dana was right to cut Daley. As for Nate, he should have got a suspension, at least. Same goes for everyone involved in the incident.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm

the thing is though,Dana is full of shit on this one,he never fired Diaz after fighting Riggs at the hospital,Diaz fought Sherk 2 months after that incidence and then got cut for losing three in a row,the hospital shit might have been apart of the reasoning to eventually cut him but I'd say the 3 losses back to back were the main reason otherwise why did they ask him back to fight Neer and Tibau.

The reason I'd say Diaz won't come back or won't be invited back to the UFC now is simply down to the fact Diaz fucked the UFC after they gave him a second chance and offered him a contract,but Diaz said bollox,stuck two fingers up at them and signed for GFC instead.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Ye Diaz lost three in a row, had one fight in some B-level promotion, went back to the UFC and won twice and then fought in Pride after that. So Dana gave him three fights after the Riggs incident and offered him more, before he rejected them. Hahaha Dana is so full of shit sometimes Laughing
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat May 15, 2010 4:58 pm

I don't think that anyone can, or indeed has, tried to justify Pauls actions last week. With regards to Dana being 'full of shit', of course he is. I think that he will take every opportunity to put another promoter down, regardless of who was at fault. The mongoloid brothers could start a fight at a fucking morgue, they are pricks that should have been suspended at the very least.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:18 am