THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
the_king
ChelseaQuinsfan
6 posters

Hopkins vs Jones results

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hopkins vs Jones results Empty Hopkins vs Jones results

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Well as I expected Hopkins dominated the fight, possibly won every single round. Im an executioner fan but it was sad to see a performance like that from RJJ, clearly he is done. He needs to retire, he isn't the same as 1995. I was slightly dissapointed in how Hopkins performed as well but he keeps his career and legacy alive for a little bit longer. Impressive that he has won a fight in every single year since 1990 but at 45 I wonder how much he has left in him. Jones is definitley done, he was poor in that fight, his speed is gone, Hopkins beat him to the punch every time. Thanks for the memories RJJ but please retire.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hopkins vs Jones results Empty Re: Hopkins vs Jones results

Post  the_king Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:36 pm

according to hopkins he thinks he will fight into his 50's he was on sky sports, interesting while on boxing is anyone getting the holyfield fight on primetime sky 430 its only £5.95
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 pm

was hoping to not catch the result of this because its on setanta ireland at 11 tonight but stupid people on facebook ruined it. I heard B Hop beat him fairly easily and was a terrible fight but still want to see it probably the last time RJJ will ever fight so have to watch it he had a great carrer hes definetely an all time great i really hope he retires now hes done and for B Hop still looks to have alot left in him looking forward to seeing how well he really performed tonight he was calling out Haye id much rather see that fight than Haye/Valuev again think Hopkins could cause some problems but think Haye will be to much for him at this point i would hate to see Hopkins ko'd
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 pm

The fans begain chanting "Refund, Refund," during the last fight. I love B-hop, thats why I was dissapointed that he didn't finish a very poor RJJ. B-Hop will be at a pretty big size disadvantage against Haye, I would ate for B-Hop to lose, much less get Koed by him.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

I hear round 6 was pretty interesting....
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 pm

That actually pissed the fuck out of me. Some asshole running in like that is not needed, wish B-Hop blasted his face.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Judging by last nights performance,both of them should retire,both were crap.Absolutely shocking fight,the only time the crowd was on there feet was for the shots landed after the bell.

Did Roy throw a single combination of punches all night,he kept doing jumping motions as if he was going to punch but they never came and B-hop is just a disgrace to the sport,a complete dirty cheating bastard and the thing is, he has always been that way,but for some reason people just have always excepted his dodgy tactics.The guy is a dick in and out of the ring,and as for fighting Haye Laughing B-hop might just win this but only by DQ,can you imagine how B-hop would of reacted to one of those punches to the back of the head that Ruiz took,he'd of been rolling around crying for at least 20 mins,well long enough for the ref to stop the fight anyway.

I don't want this fight to happen as Haye should stick to making his name as a Heavyweight champ fighting Heavies not over the hill blown up MW's but the other side of me would love to see Haye put his fist through the back of B-hops head and put him into retirement Twisted Evil

I think it would of been better if this fight had never happened and they just left it for the publics imagination,cause that answered nothing apart from B-hop is mentally weak and a shot RJJ can still get in his head,both fighters came out of this fight looking terrible and it will only be remembered for dirty tactics,terrible acting and being a very poor fight and not for what it should of been.

It's not been a very good time for boxing in the last year or so and this did absolutlely zero in helping out,I'm just praying the Mayweather-Mosley fight saves the day and then Manny and Ffloyd eventually get there shit together.

I have no doubts that B-hop would never beat a RJJ of 04 or before,Jones should of hung his gloves up in 04 after beating Ruiz because since then he has been a shadow of his former self,his game was all about speed and timing and once that went he has very little else to offer,so this was just pointless.

Bernard "the crybaby" Hopkins. When he loses a fight he stares into the camera absolutely incredulous ("I'm a victim - wahhhhhhh!!!!"). When the ref isn't looking he throws low blows and headbutts, but if something happens to him it's the crime of the century. Squirming in the floor like a two year old that didn't get ice-cream. ("I was seeein stars the last 6 rounds!!!"). He's not old school, he's preschool.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:58 pm

didnt see the fight, RJJ got done in by green, this fight was a complete missmatch anyway and I didnt want to see RJJ take another beating.

Hopkins is a legend, he schooled Pavlik... he ends peoples careers, ODLH wasnt the same after Bhop beat him, Tarver was ruined, Jones is now 100% finished etc..

I like Hopkins but he would be crazy to fight anyone as physical as Haye. One of the things with Bhop is that they say Punch power is the last thing to go... not with him, he was a much bigger puncher in his prime, Now I doubt his ability to finish.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Pavlik fought Hopkins at LH when he is clearly not a LH,he's a MW,so he was much smaller and he choked,plus Pavlik built his name off beating Taylor and we have found out that Taylor is not the fighter we thought he was(though he did beat Hopkins),who else has Pavlik beat,Miranda??

Oscar is alot smaller than Pavlik and I think was actually ahead on the scorecards before that liver shot,Oscar was also past it at the time,he was coming of loses to Mosley and Sturm(yeah I know he got the decision but anybody that watched that fight knew he lost)in fact what was Oscars last big win before he fought B-hop,the poor Vargas,the smaller,big hearted Gatti,Quarty,Chavez?????he fought 4 more times after B-hop going 2-2.

Tarver also is a good but not a great scalp,good fighter and not a bad LHW champ but not a great in any way,shape or form.
    good wins over RJJ but also lost to him and good fights with Glen Johnson(who also added a nail into RJJ's career) but don't forget johnson was and is again now only looked at as a good journey man,but B-hop did beat Tarver convincingly though.

so I can't agree with you Ben about he ends peoples careers,Oscar was spent before they fought,Pavlik was a young up and comer,with one big name on his record and forced to fight B-hop at a few weights above his fighting weight,so no shame in that loss and Tarver went on to win two more titles after Hopkins schooled him and RJJ's career has been over since 04.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Taylor was on absolute top form when he beat Bhop, also I remember 1 of not both being questionable decisions, Taylor had a few decisions go his way, the Winky fight was 50/50 too.

Hopkins gets very little Respect for what he is doing, he is Coutures age and still beating everyone left right and centre. Calzaghe was shit scared to fight him because Bhop would have beat him down in a rematch. Bhop was clearly out of sorts and still dropped him and got a SD... Calzaghe fought a nobody (RJJ) then retired.

You can add Winky wright to the list of names who havnt been the same after he fought him.

Its clearly not all his doing, RJJ was shot already as you say but ODLH said himself he wasnt the same after Bhop beat him.

Eh, I hate the guy, I dont even always enjoy watching him but I think he diserves massive amounts of credit for doing what he is doing at his age. Holyfield is about his age and his career is over. And its harder to fight older at smaller weights.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 am

He's a boxing legend no doubt,his big wins and undefeated records speak for themselves and the fact he is still competeing at the top end of the division at his age is can only be aplauded.

I just don't really like the guy inside or outside the ring,I think his style is boring and ugly(like how some look at Fitch)and the dirty tactics he always uses are terrible.
    The Homo shit he speaks about mma doesn't help either,I think it brings back to many prison memories for him.

I think with the fact that they are buiseness partners,I'd take what Oscars say's about that fight and Hopkins more as marketing than fact.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:15 am

What is it with guys in boxing community playing the homo card when dismissing MMA? Its pathetic.

Boxing is on the downfall anyway and has seen much better days, whereas MMA just keeps growing rapidly. UFC are actually very unlucky that their rise has coincided the global recession. The Abu Dhabi event will be a great stepping stone to illustrate MMA's expansion around the world.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 am