THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
manschesthair_utd
hendos_right_hook
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
Bulldog67
pinsman
payneNglory1
Moose Stuff For Money...
12 posters

Penn v Sanchez Fightmetric Stats

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Penn v Sanchez Fightmetric Stats Empty Penn v Sanchez Fightmetric Stats

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Shocked

According to Fightmetric Sanchez threw 108 strikes at Penn but only landed 8 of them.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Penn-Sanchez.html
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Penn v Sanchez Fightmetric Stats Empty Re: Penn v Sanchez Fightmetric Stats

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 pm

BJ's boxing last night was spot on,his head movement was fluid and his counters were crisp,he just made Sanchez look slow,repetative and predictable,something that we all know Sanchez isn't.

BJ just had an answer and more to everything in Sanchez's arsenal and that fight has to go down as one of BJ's best performances.
    Absolutely dominant and looked good doing it.

I think some of you who think BJ wouldn't be able to handle some of the better strikers at Welter are not giving his boxing the credit it deserves,after all Machida couldn't stop him and even if he was getting in trouble on his feet,BJ has more sides to his game than probably any other MMA fighter out there to find another way to get the win.

I think he is a danger to any fighter in the world 170lb or below unless your name is GSP.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:14 pm

Has to be said i've never really been a fan of BJ and I really thought Sanchez would push him all the way but fair play to the guy hes stamped his name in the history books, prob unbeatable at lightweight! It's becoming a very dominant UFC

LW: BJ wont be beaten
    WW: GSP wont be beaten
    MW: Silva wont be beaten
    LHW: Machida is a possible
    HW: Lesnar - Mirs looking for his head but weva hell get it is another question.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Shocked

According to Fightmetric Sanchez threw 108 strikes at Penn but only landed 8 of them.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Penn-Sanchez.html

Shocked that many !!!

i cant remember a fight i enjoyed as much, that stoopid ooooooh look at my scary stare twat gettin a lesson he isnt gonna be able to forget, BJ had way too much experience to fall for the wannabee psycho routine!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 am

Penn is a living legend, That must break some sort of record!!! Penn is untouchable in hte world who is a threat Aoki? Id love to see Aoki run at him and try to Judo throw him! Penn has the best TD defence ive ever seen. Aoki gets KO'd in the 1st in a fight with Penn. Eddie Alvarez is probabally considered the next best but Penn showed he is the best Boxer at Lw one of Alvarez biggest strengths, That and Penn uses his range so well, he controlled the distance with Diego with his Jab despite having a shorter reach using headmovement, Alvarez wouldnt get withing a foot of him!

I dont know what Lw will beat him unless Maynard can GSP him! But I dont see that happening, GSP had to work for a TD against him and Maynard is a bit smaller (not Much though!) and a worse wrestler. BJ is as dominant at the top of his devision as GSP is.

Machida could loose because he still hasnt rematched Shogun, And Rampage is always an unknown.. dont see it but untill they fight he wont know. He has a few fights before he has cleared out his devision like the others have especially because I think Lil Nog would beat him! Very Happy

Anderson Silva I dont get either, I dont think its a given that he will beat Belfort, Ive been predicting that upset for a while and Nate Marquardt is a different figher than the one he beat, And there are real up and commers that could give him trouble, Goran Reljic is back in action, Wanderlei could come out at 185 a changed man, Hendo may be gone but he has a few threats. Im not totally sold on him remaining dominant. Im expecting a loss before he retires

Lesnar is getting beat by new improved Super Mir! lol! That is if Carwin doesnt get him first! Theres too many big threats to think a 4-1 guy is going to domianate the devision.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:11 am

I've thought of a fight I would love to see BJ in

BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz

It probably will never happen but it would be a great fight to watch.

They both have good boxing,Diaz is bigger,his punches don't put you away but they don't stop coming and they come from unusaul angles.He can set a crazy pace to a fight and just keep going.

BJ delivers a good punch and can take one also and has the head movement to slip punches and counter often and now it seems he has the cardio to piss 5 rds too.

They both have really flexable tricky BJJ on the ground and if the fight ended up there,we could see some great action and cool moves from these two.

This would be a good fight
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 am

Yeah mate that would be an absolute epic, Two really good Boxers and as you say Diaz is a bigger guy. Id love to see him back in the UFC. I know a few people arent totall sold on Diaz but he completley outclassed Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock who in fairness hadnt been looking that bad since then and they have both spent their careers in weights above him. Great Idea for a fight id love to see that one got down!! one for next time someone makes a Fantasy card post! Laughing
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm not surprised at all at these stats as I mentioned before the fight for me Penn is Many Levels above Sanchez and his style was tailor made for BJ.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:28 pm

I really wasn't expecting such a one sided fight.

It's a shame for Diego, I have no doubt he would beat any other UFC lightweight, it just happens he's arrived on the scene at the same time as BJ, who has the qualities to monopolize that division for a long time
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:43 pm

anyone else wanna see diego/kenny 2?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:00 pm

I do, both have improved massivley since last time and both were comprehensivley outclassed by BJ Penn.

Litterally, I have picked Florian to lose his last 5 fights against Guida, BJ, Daddy, Huerta and Lauzon, and he only lost once. I never rated him for some reason but he is really talented fighter with fantastic skill. Im intrested to see how Sanchez reacts after such as an ass kicking, it has to be so demoralizing.

It also sucks for Flo becaue he has had a shot at the title twice, and twice he has flopped. If he fought well against BJ and Sherk and lost then it wouldn't be a problem but both times he was outclassed and his gameplan went flying out the window. He just abondaned everything he knew.

The next time someone tries to take BJ down do one of two things. Watch both BJ vs GSP fights and copy that technique or 2, don't bother.
    great_ginger_10
    great_ginger_10
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  great_ginger_10 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:33 pm

BJ showed that he is on another level compared to pretty much every other LW in the world.I can't see anyone beating him in the UFC and out of it. Freddie Roach stated that he thought he had the best boxing in all MMA, I can think of worse people to get praise about your striking off. His TD defense is unbelievable and we all know about his BJJ. I would like to see him fight some of the other WW at some point. T.Alves or Fitch, he needs to beat some other people before he gets GSP again.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 pm

amazing stats who would have thought bj would have owned like that i knew he would beat him but not in that fashion i wonder if soon hes going to be moving back up to welterweight would love to see a fight with thiago alves
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:01 pm

I think Thiago is the one guy that could knock BJ out to be honest. He's got incredible power and BJ is smaller and has a shorter reach than Thiago.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:59 pm

maybe he could KO bj, but i could see him giving BJ more than he could handle with his baseball bat kicks being the more likely outcome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm