THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Gonzaga Appealing Browne loss

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Gonzaga Appealing Browne loss Empty Gonzaga Appealing Browne loss

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 pm

What did you think of it. Ive heard Sherdoggers saying about the 12-6 rule but that rule is literally 12-6 on a clock up and down it doesnt apply to using the elbow other ways. So its got to be the back of the head complaint.

I reckon if your taking shots and turn your head exposing the back of it your moving into an illegal shot, I think the KO should stand.

Browne should get a name next, ive heard websites calling for Nelson vs Kongo winner but id prefer Mir no matter what against DC. Overeems comeback fight? Both lost to Bigfoot and Overeems loss wasnt down to a mid fight injury.

UFC will probabally consider it a win in matchmaking terms of where they go next. Fair play to GG he rushed in and tried to take the fight down where he is better, he might have a smarter fighting head on him these days but he isnt going past gatekeeper.

I hope he sticks around a fight with the Nelson vs Kongo loser would be great ive always wanted to see him vs Nelson.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Gonzaga Appealing Browne loss Empty Re: Gonzaga Appealing Browne loss

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 pm

I didn't see anything massively wrong with those elbows tbh. They certainly weren't 12-6, and whilst there may be a case for a couple being 'back of the head' blows, I agree with you Ben.

Would like to see Browne against Overoid.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 am

Wonder how he would do against Overeem? His footwork is great and in MMA gloves where Overeem cant turtle up he would get tagged a lot. Id like to see it too. Or Carwin as ive been wanting for ages! Where has thta guy disapeared to! Him vs Browne would be a great scrap.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:24 pm

I think they will win the appeal I do think Gonzaga was certainly 'rocked' by the legal elbows but the one that finished him were certainly illegal although unintentional.

Interesting to see who he fights next maybe the winner of Kongo vs Nelson ?.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:00 am