THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
efils_god
rudeboyben84
8 posters

Bigfoot vs Browne

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bigfoot vs Browne Empty Bigfoot vs Browne

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:39 pm

The winner of this will be up there with Struve ready to mix it up with top contenders I reckon.

Browne hasnt a loss in 14 fights and Bigfoot is still highly though of despite getting such a 1 sided beat down from Cain.

Although Silva is a couple of inches shorter he is heavier (about 30lbs) and has a 4" reach advantage which he uses well. Im expecting him to seems the bigger man and be the one trying to controll the range of the striking the him being the one to be doing the pushing into the fence when they lock up.

Kongo was able to push Browne about a bit so Id expect Bigfoot to be able to controll the grappling.

Having said that despite him being good at using that massive 82" reach I think im favoring Browne standing. I wouldnt be shocked to see a KO. Infact im expecting one. Browne is a 6"7 KO artist who is very agile and quick for a man his size. I see him teeing off on that big ol dome of Silvas and stopping him.

Who are you all backing in this one? And where do you think it leaves the winner? Surely if Browne wins he is right up there and will be looking a "name" opponent next Mir, Carwin, Werdum or the likes? I wouldnt even mind seeing him vs Hunt.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Bigfoot vs Browne Empty Re: Bigfoot vs Browne

Post  efils_god Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I think Browne stops Silva here too. Silva gets his alot, and his head is a big target!

As you say, this will push Browne up, and he should face a top 5 fighter next, or at least top 10. Mir, Werdum etc spring to mind. Maybe Nelson first if he wants to build up slower?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm

For some reason I think Big Foot will walk through Browne I'm just not sold on Browne he hasn't really impressed me.

I know Big Foot's chin is a bit dodgy but I have a feeling Big Foot will out grapple Browne and probably TKO Browne in the mid Rounds. Browne is no DC or Cain I think Big Foot will be fine.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Suppose Browne isnt putting him on his back like Cain did and if Bigfoot gets Browne on his back those hammerfists are about as good as Ive seen a Hw hit. I have a feeling Browne is going to hit a flying knee or some wild hayemaker because as Efils said Bigfoot is easy to hit!

Bigfoot has good cardio for a big man and a weight cutter so I think the longer the fight goes the more it favors him.

Wonder what type of shape Browne will be in, I know he doesnt cut to make 265 because he has been down around 250, but its a soft 250.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 pm

I think Browne will use his speed and movement to out strike the clumsy Bigfoot standing and then eventually drop him with a clean combo and finish him.

I think Browne will be fine in a cage clinch also,he's bigger and stronger (6'7 250lb)than anyone Bigfoots clinched with before,I just hope if it goes that way,we have a good ref,who's going to split them up quick enough and not put us through a boring clinch war stalemate.
    Bigfoot couldn't do anything of note in his clinch war with Arlovski,just like Kongo couldn't do anything apart from grab shorts and land knees to the thigh against Browne.(my memory abit fuzzy on that shitty fight,but wasn't it Browne who got the couple of takedowns from the clinch in that fight)

Bigfoot has a good BJJ background,but I don't think browne should be to worried about following him to the ground to finish though,as I don't think Bigfoot is that much of a threat off his back.If he gets you on your back then that's a completely different story,but I've seen nothing from him,unlike a BJJ HW like werdum,to have to be scared to pound him out from his guard.

Clinching will be a good strategy for Bigfoot as I think cardio could be Brownes undoing,if this goes past the second rd,then I think the fight will start to rapidly go in Bigfoots favour.

If Browne wins lets have Browne as Reem's comeback opponent on the new Years card,if Bigfoot wins,then Struve vs Bigfoot sounds good to me.

I want to see Mir vs Werdum as well
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I think Browne will use his speed and movement to out strike the clumsy Bigfoot standing and then eventually drop him with a clean combo and finish him.

I think Browne will be fine in a cage clinch also,he's bigger and stronger (6'7 250lb)than anyone Bigfoots clinched with before,I just hope if it goes that way,we have a good ref,who's going to split them up quick enough and not put us through a boring clinch war stalemate.
    Bigfoot couldn't do anything of note in his clinch war with Arlovski,just like Kongo couldn't do anything apart from grab shorts and land knees to the thigh against Browne.(my memory abit fuzzy on that shitty fight,but wasn't it Browne who got the couple of takedowns from the clinch in that fight)

Bigfoot has a good BJJ background,but I don't think browne should be to worried about following him to the ground to finish though,as I don't think Bigfoot is that much of a threat off his back.If he gets you on your back then that's a completely different story,but I've seen nothing from him,unlike a BJJ HW like werdum,to have to be scared to pound him out from his guard.

Clinching will be a good strategy for Bigfoot as I think cardio could be Brownes undoing,if this goes past the second rd,then I think the fight will start to rapidly go in Bigfoots favour.

If Browne wins lets have Browne as Reem's comeback opponent on the new Years card,if Bigfoot wins,then Struve vs Bigfoot sounds good to me.

I want to see Mir vs Werdum as well

Said it before and ill say it again, Id be happy of you were UFC matchmaker! Struve vs Bigfoot affraid Its like something that would should be for the Superhluk title.

Mir vs Werdum is a fight long overdue I think its a fight most people wanted to see both times he was in UFC.

Browne would be the Idea guy for Reem to warm up against for a title fight, I like that. Someone who would be willing to trade on the feet would really be ideal. I loved Browne KOing Struve seeing a guy his size do a superman punch is cracking.

Good calls.

Though im not sure that Browne is bigger or stronger than anyone Bigfoot has faced, considering he fought a lot of fights at Genuine Superheavy, only guys 265plus. The Size is something he wont struggle with. His reach is 4" loner the weight is only 2 or 3" id consider Silva the bigger man when in his career he has been outweighed.

Dont know if im totally writing Silva off because of his chin but something about Browne makes me feel he will light Bigfoot up on the feet. He got some air on the flying knees I saw and at his height he doesnt even have far to travel to connect with chin. His GnP doesnt have shit of Bigfoots though and Bigfoot would be the one to land a Sub if it hits the ground. I just think Bigfoot a bit like Gonzaga fancies himself as a standup fighter more than he should.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:23 pm

I think Silva takes this. He's fought better fighters than Browne and is more experienced. Might go to e decision but Bigfoot to get a 29-28.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Jeremey Stephens was arrested this morning, his bout with Edwards is in jeopardy..
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 pm

1972-casual wrote:I think Silva takes this. He's fought better fighters than Browne and is more experienced. Might go to e decision but Bigfoot to get a 29-28.

Isn't it a 5 rounder?
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 pm

If it is a 5 rounder then 49-46 but 5 rounds does make you think more. I'm going Silva GnP 4th
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 am

Cracking event, Really disapointed to see Browne get injured like that. Bigfoot has a mean streak.. he fired off a leg kick at the injured leg before the KO! Dont think the shot put Browne out but when he was down and injured there was no coming back.

Bigfoot is still a solid top 10 fighter. I think he should get Mir or a rematch with Werdum next. His only Losses recently are to 2 of the top 5 Heavies.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Hard to judge anything in that fight after that nasty knee injury,but well done to bigfoot he pounced and finished nicely.

That was a really good event.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Any news on what damage he sustained to the knee??
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Any news on what damage he sustained to the knee??

Apparently there is no damage to his knee but he has torn his hamstring out for around 2-4 Months.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Good to hear it's not a serious knee injury.
    I remember tearing my hamstring,hurts like a bastard,but at least he won't be needing surgery.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:19 pm