THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in Empty Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:00 pm

JDS Vs Hunt!! The fight people wanted when JDS was champ! Im loving this!

I think Overeem is taking time off to Juice/get his Testesterone levels in check. Dont know if he is "injured" its a term we hear too much these days.

Hunt is the man, as much as I love Junior for being the 2013 Chuck Liddell nothing would make me happier than to see Hunt put him to sleep.

I dont know how this one will play out if it happens, my thinking is Hunt needs to get back into good shape, he looked to have gained a few lbs on his time off and he will need every bit of speed to match Junior throwing hands.

Having said that a few Chopping Leg kicks might take the spring out of JDS' step.

Really hope Hunt gets the figth because there arent any other realistic fights unless they want to pull fighers from already booked fights, Maby take Cormier out of the Mir figth for example?

How crazy to think Hunt could become number 2 Hw in the world if he get the figths and wins.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in Empty Re: Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm all for It a shame the Overeem fight fell through although I do think It's probably for the best ATM both need rebuilding and still draw so I don't know why Zuffa booked the pair to fight each other. If JDS is sensible in this fight he will take Hunto down ASAP.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in Empty Re: Overeem Injured, Hunt wants to step in

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Fans already bombarding Dana with calls for Hunt to step in but it looks like Overeem is only out 4-5 weeks so the fight with JDS will just be delayed.

Hunt vs Carwin needs to happen. When is that guy good to come back I wonder?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Look forward to this one, think JDS UD, unless Hunt sheds a bit of weight I think Juniors speed it going to mean Hunts power will count for nothing because Junior will have punched and moved before he gets his own shots in.

Im guessing Neither will attempt to grapple because as good defensivley as Junior is better Wrestlers than him have looked to have a hard time with Hunt.

This is a better fight than OVereem vs JDS for me because I didnt see anything but Junior rattling off shots against a Turtled up overeem. Maby when he gets some TRT it will even the playingfied! Laughing At Least Hunt has the ability to take Juniors shots and smile at him insted of cowering away as id have epected overeem to do when the combos started landing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:24 pm