THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing? Empty All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing?

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Cain vs Bigfoot - Cain 2nd Round TKO
    JDS vs Overeem - JDS 1st Round KO
    Cormier vs Mir - Cormier UD
    Werdum vs Nog - Werdum UD
    Struve vs Hunt - Struve 3rd Round Sub
    Nelson vs Kongo - Nelson UD
    Browne vs Gonzaga - Browne 2nd Round KO

All top 20 guys. Most of the UFC Heavies now have a fight,

Carwin and Duffee arent mached up with anyone I can see them fighting. Barry and Shawn Jordan maby Rothwell?

Although CC and Fedor's careers are over and Brock is gone the Hw devision is looking really good even without Barnett.

JDS gets the next shot over Werdum with a win id say since he is a bigger name. If Werdum doesnt wait for a title shot Carwin would be a great fight if he can get a win. He was the Interim Champ and fought back to back title fights last. He didnt get Surgery for the injury coming up to the Nelson fight and is good to go this month.

One hope for me is Gonzaga to get a win and a fight with Bigfoot, I think them both being quite slow and easy to hit as well as packing a big punch and BJJ BB's would make for a real entertaining scrap. Bigfoots better Boxing and reach vs Gonzagas power Kicks and good right hand.

Any other fights people expect or are looking forward to?
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing? Empty Re: All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing?

Post  Ginginho Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Disappointed with you going against Mark Hunt, Ben Laughing

I pretty much see the same as you but I don't think Hunt v Struve will last 3 rounds - either a 1st round KO for Hunt or a 1st round sub for Struve for me
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing? Empty Re: All top UFC Heavies matched up for the 1st time in ages, who are you backing?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 am

Dont know where 3rd round came from, saw him having to work hard grappling against the cage and trying to keep Hunt on the outside with kicks maby. But yeah Hunt doing what Nelson did isnt hard to imagine but Struve is getting better and at Hunts age its normally downhill.

Id love to see him win. If he does who do you see him getting? Looser of the Title fight, or JDS vs Overeem winner if Werdum gets the shot? Hope he would get a number 1 contenders fight because he is a cool guy and its such an underdog story.

Any news on his training camp for this one? Whos he with?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 am

For me

Cain vs Bigfoot - Cain Stoppage 1st
    JDS vs Overeem - JDS UD
    Cormier vs Mir - Cormier Stoppage 3rd
    Werdum vs Nog - Werdum UD
    Struve vs Hunt - Hunt Stoppage 1st
    Nelson vs Kongo - Nelson UD
    Browne vs Gonzaga - Browne Stoppage 2nd

Would love to see, winner of Cain/Bigfoot vs winner JDS/Overoid next, also winner of Struve/Hunt vs winner Browne/Gonzaga.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Right my picks are.....

Cain vs Bigfoot - Cain TKO 1st
    JDS vs Overeem - Reem TKO 1st
    Cormier vs Mir - Cormier TKO 2nd
    Werdum vs Nog - Werdum TKO 2nd
    Struve vs Hunt - Hunt KO 1st
    Nelson vs Kongo - Nelson KO 1st
    Browne vs Gonzaga - Gonzaga Sub 2nd

I think Cain will run through Big Foot again, got a feeling Reem might be really motivated for the JDS fight and win in impressive fashion after the embarrassment of the Big Foot fight. DC will dominate Mir can't see how Mir wins the fight he won't out strike DC or get him to the ground. Werdum modern day is twice the fight Nog is and will make Nog look bad sadly.

I think Hunt's gonna KO Struve although he is improving I still don't trust his chin to last 15 minutes. Nelson will beat Kongo with ease and land that big old right hand on Kongo's chin. Never been sold on Browne I think Gonzaga will out grapple him and eventually get the sub.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 am