THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
sunthunder
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing?

Poll

Who wins

[ 2 ]
    Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? I_vote_lcap29%Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? I_vote_lcap71%Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? I_vote_rcap [71%] 

Total Votes: 7
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? Empty Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing?

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Taller, Rangier, Heavier and Younger. Physically Gus could be the man to send Mousasi back to 185 where he belongs.

On Paper though as Good as Gustafssons striking is Mousasi's is a little better, he is MUCH harder to hit and lands as a considerabally higher percentage too (although Gus throws in much higher volume)

I think the Wrestling will be one way though, Id say Mousasi is at least as good offensivley wrestling but Gus's TDD is superb and Mousasi's is his biggest weakness. I could see Gus being the one to score TD's if the standup is close or not going his way.

Experience is the other thing because for men only a year apart Mousasi has seen more than twice as many bouts. I think this will be a close fight with Mousasi edging the Standup and Gus using a bit of wrestling to even the odds.

I could see a SD (and Gus is the home fighter) Im going to go for Gus via controversial SD here.

Who you backing and how does it go down?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? Empty Re: Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing?

Post  sunthunder Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Think you sized it up about right Ben. Mousasi has the better striking, Gustaffson has the wrestling. Doubt either guy has it in them to finish the other, should be a relatively competitive fight. I'm interested to see what Mousasi does if he ends up on his back, you'd think finally being in the UFC might be adequate impetus for him to finally up his game off his back, or at least not be content to just lie on his back neutralising his opponent.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing? Empty Re: Mousasi to Debut against Gustafsson 6th April, who you backing?

Post  Mryzyz Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

I picked Mousasi in the poll, because I don't think Gus will be able to exert much control or get off much offense when he takes him down.

But thinking about it a bit more, I think Mousasi will just get repeatedly taken down/neutralised and lose a decision. He won't have enough opportunity to utilise his superior technique.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Another vote for Mousasi in fact I'll go as far as say he stops Gustafsson.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm

I think Gus will win this because of his range.

I'd like Mousasi to win because I'm a big fan of his but I want him at 185 so part of me wants him to lose so that he drops down.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm in agreement with Anfield,I'd prefer to see him at 185,Silva needs new challengers at MW.

Out of the current UFC LHW's I'd like to see Mousasi,Rashad and Maldonado drop down to 185,then in a year or so,GSP move up and join them also.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Maldonado is moving to 185lbs so there is one guy already.

I think being in better Phyiscal condition and one of the bigger guys at Mw he could have some impact. I reckon he will get a lower ranked Mw though a fight with Cung Le would be some craic.

Maby an opponent for Tim Kennedy's debut?

Id say all 3 of them will be moving to 185, Mousasi might not right away because he wants to make a run at 205 and wont move to 85 without a loss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am