THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
manschesthair_utd
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Belfort vs Bisping at UFC 156

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belfort vs Bisping at UFC 156 Empty Belfort vs Bisping at UFC 156

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Cracking fight, Bisping is going to be steamrolled!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Belfort vs Bisping at UFC 156 Empty Re: Belfort vs Bisping at UFC 156

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Man I hope Vitor sparks out Bisping but honestly I see Bisping taking a decision.

As much as myself and many others don't like Mikey I feel stylistically this is a bad match for Vitor with Bispings high pressure and excellent cardio and not forgetting underrated grappling I got to favor Bisping.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Man I hope Vitor sparks out Bisping but honestly I see Bisping taking a decision.

As much as myself and many others don't like Mikey I feel stylistically this is a bad match for Vitor with Bispings high pressure and excellent cardio and not forgetting underrated grappling I got to favor Bisping.

Underrated grappling for both men, Bispings Wrestling is as good as a Brit's comes but Belfort was always called a "BJJ BB" quote marks and all but his Armbar on Jones shows maby he has a few subs up his sleeve after all.

Grappling I dont see either man having his way but Striking Belfort matches Bispings Handspeed but the power differential is massive as well as Bisping getitng troubled by big punchers.

I think its got Belfort KO written all over it because Bisping will do what Belfort wants and fight off the back foot. Vitor is at his best pushing the fight forward.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Mike has got a great style where his pace and the pressure he puts his opponent under seems to increase as the fight progresses, and by the time the opponent crumbles or the fight is over, Bisping is dominating the fight.
    This is bad news for Belfort who is really a phenom in terms of talents but often fades during fights.

Bisping has to make it out of the first round to have a chance of winning, Belfort should take it to him early before he gets settled. Unlike many of Bispings other opponents Belfort is really an exquisite finisher! (minus armbars)

I predict Belfort will win, but by no means a sure thing.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 pm

I agree with Chesty, as much as it pains me to say it, Bisping's looked a decent fighter of late, and if he can make it out of that first round, his cardio and speed, should see him through to a UD, however, it is a big if, cos if Belfort catches him, he's a gonner. I can't believe that I'm saying this, but for a change, I'm predicting a UD for Bisping. Surprised
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Belfort is finished. Not arsed watching him fight anymore. If he catches Bisping it's over but Bisping could well jab and jog for 3 rounds here.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm slightly torn on this fight,I'm really looking forward to it though,it's a good match up.

I think I'm going for Belfort,I very much doubt Bispings chin will stand up if Vitor can trap bisping at Range and land his power shots.
    This is the opponent Vitor asked for and it'll also be in front of his home crowd,so I'd imagine Vitor should be in good shape for a 3 round fight,he'll be well up for this fight,but like most have mentioned,Bisping has IMO shown alot of improvements in his tactics and his fighting style recently.

Bisping has to stay at distance and use his movement,while also getting in close,and working Vitor against the fence and pressuring the takedown,if he can keep that up and safely avoid be caught in Vitors striking range for a round or so,he could easily frustrate and grind a win out.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:20 am

Both men nearly always want a standing fight and I can see Bisping doing a lot of jab and jog. Bisping doesnt have a great chin but he has good recovery. Ive seen him take big shots that hurt him but he clears the cobwebs well.

One thing vitor seems to do that not many Lhw do is throw punches in bunches. I can see him clipping Bisping and hurting him and the following 2-3 punches making sure the job gets done and he scores the KO.

I dont know if Bisping will turn it into a wrestling match I think he would have his hands full pushiung Vitor about, certainly in the 1st round anyway. Vitor may be prepared for a 5 rounder because im sure it will be one.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:35 am

This won't be the main event so it'll only be 3 rounds. Aldo-Edgar is the main event for this card.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:41 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Belfort is finished. Not arsed watching him fight anymore. If he catches Bisping it's over but Bisping could well jab and jog for 3 rounds here.

Agree on Belfort being spent out he is on the decline big time his performance in the Rumble fight showed me that he looked slow and sloppy. As I said earlier I hope Belfort wins this fight but I can't anything other than a Bisping win, Stylistically It's a terrible fight for Vitor..
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:38 pm

So Bisping/Belfort winner vs Weidman/Boetsch winner for a title shot! This will give Anderson the time out to wait on GSP, I do think he should vecate the title if he is waiting on those 4 being whittled down to 1, if he was more active he could fight both winners.

I do underrate Bisping a bit but his wrestling has improved leaps and bounds, this is a fight between 2 standup fighters. Wand near finished Bisping and Vitor is twice as good as Wand. Hendo KO'd him and Beforts hands are as dangerous, Stann rocked him but as I said he isnt a guy who throws Combos.

Bisping will have to fight a great fight to win, and he has evolved to be a versitile fighter but I see Belfort KO being more of a sure thing that a perfect Bisping performance.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Nothing has been confirmed yet about whether this fight is happening, also the UFC is hoping to do Aldo/Edgar in America instead of Brazil.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:49 am