THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
ChelseaQuinsfan
2brutal
redmeanie77
11 posters

Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!! Empty Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!!

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 pm

My god these MMA fights being announced over the last few weeks cheers You got to be loving UFC right now.

So much so that no one has been talking about the SF Gp thats on tonight, and not just here on the other forums aswell.

I got Vitor by KTFO, but he's got to watch out for those kicks to the face, Sexyama had a decent go at a front kick in their fight.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!! Empty Re: Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!!

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:12 pm

cracking fight i see vitor winning but like you say dont slep on cung lee kicks
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!! Empty Re: Belfort to fight Cung Le at UFC 139 !!!!!

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Very exciting fight on paper but I think this end quick with Le leaving on a stretcher. As has been mentioned, Le's kicks are dangerous and if uses his wrestling skills he could cause some problems but I don't see it.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:23 pm

I'll be rooting for Cung Le, love watching the guy fight. Cung Le by mental kick to the face.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Belfort 1st round KO. Belfort is good these days, still top 5ish he just was like everyone else against Anderson, played him at his own game and lost.

Cung is a tiny Mw too, If he was younger and had a record like his he woud be looking to be a Ww I think, Belfort is coming forwards throwing Bombs and I cant see Cung stopping him doing in.

Cant wait to watch it though, I hope im wrong and Cung makes a fight of it but he has been inactive and isnt a young guy.

Next fight UFC needs to do with a SF fighter is Manfoef vs Wanderlei
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Not sure how Vitor is top 5. From beating Akiyama??
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Got a sneaky feeling Le is going to decision Belfort maybe even stop him for some reason I think he will struggle against Cung's Kicks his range & style also will be problematic I feel too.

Reading a lot of comments on other sites a lot of of people seem to think "If Scott Smith can beat Cung, Vitor is going to kill him" the main factor in that fight was Cung's gas tank he was blowing on empty when he got caught by Smith not forgetting Smith was a human punch bag for near 14 minutes.

I know I'm probably alone on this one on here Laughing.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm

not sure how relevant this is but do you remember the fight against Sakuraba?

Sakuraba landed several spinning back kicks right in the body, one of which dropped Vitor..and he really couldnt deal with that attack.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Rumour is that this fight will be the main event, oh dear.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:55 pm

strong card though shame it lost its hw title fight
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Got a sneaky feeling Le is going to decision Belfort maybe even stop him for some reason I think he will struggle against Cung's Kicks his range & style also will be problematic I feel too.

Reading a lot of comments on other sites a lot of of people seem to think "If Scott Smith can beat Cung, Vitor is going to kill him" the main factor in that fight was Cung's gas tank he was blowing on empty when he got caught by Smith not forgetting Smith was a human punch bag for near 14 minutes.

No, you're not alone on that, but it's probably scant consolation, as I'm also backing Le, and all you need to do, is look where I am in the predictions league to see why that will not be a huge boost for you. tongue
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 pm

If Cung can keep his distance, land his kicks and maintain his stamina, he can win this fight.

But if Vitor lands cleanly on his chin, it's all over.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Chesty thats a cracking point, im really shocked ive not heard anyone pick up on the Saku fight yet. Saku mauled him with those Kicks and there is a much bigger size/power difference between Saku and Belfort then than Cung and Belfort now.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:Got a sneaky feeling Le is going to decision Belfort maybe even stop him for some reason I think he will struggle against Cung's Kicks his range & style also will be problematic I feel too.

No, you're not alone on that, but it's probably scant consolation, as I'm also backing Le, and all you need to do, is look where I am in the predictions league to see why that will not be a huge boost for you. tongue

17th is not that bad, Any way you've gotta get one right eventually.....right ?.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Belfort will do him in the second round!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

17th is not that bad, Any way you've gotta get one right eventually.....right ?.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you. Have had a couple of decent events, but, don't think I've had a decent round yet.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Belfort out, Wand's In.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Was really lookin forward to Belfort vs Le!!!

But on the other hand....WANDI!!! But no I think Wandi's finished to be honest...hopefully im wrong!

Can't help thinkin Le dodged a bullet there....
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 pm

I hope you are wrong too but sadly I agree with you I think Wand is done.

Got a feeling he is going to beat up badly Cung isn't going to look for a tear up with Wand.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 pm

I was really looking forward to Belfort v Le. Not so happy about Wandy v Le, just because I think that Wandy is finished. I can see him putting Le under pressure, but I can see him being tagged and dropped.... Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:19 pm