THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino Empty Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Yes 61st ranked Nandor Guelmino. That guy.

http://www.ettl-bros.at/cage/cfs/interviews/guelmino/nandi_4.jpg

He he is before Shilt KO'd him. Has a good record at 11-3-0 and has a TKD background so can dish out the big headkicks etc.. and 3 of his last 6 wins were by sub.

Maby not as bad as his ranking suggests.

Ww title: Nate Marquardt vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Hw: Daniel Cormier vs. Dion Staring
    Lw: Pat Healy vs. Jorge Masvidal
    Lhw: Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle
    Hw: Josh Barnett vs. Nandor Guelmino
    Lw: Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons

Cracking card now, they are doing well for 2 of the champs getting injured.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino Empty Re: Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Not the opponent I expected,(don't know who I was expecting to be honest)but still,it's good to see Barnett on the card and hopefully he'll soon be added to the UFC HW ranks afterwards.

It's turned out to be an OK card,but there are some huge mismatches on paper.

This is based on Fightmetix rankings

Nate #4 vs Tarec #33

Cormier #4 vs Staring #89 LHW (I think this might be my Trump pick some how Laughing )

Mousasi #12 vs Kyle #24

Healy #12 vs Masvidal #24

Barnett #9 vs Guelmino #61

Noons #45 vs Couture #123

The only under dog I'd probably back is Masvidal,the other fights should be pretty straight forward.(Kyle has a punchers chance)
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino Empty Re: Barnett stays away from Japan, fight his last fight for SF in Jan against Nandor Guelmino

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Roger Gracie vs. Anthony Smith has been added to the card aswell
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am

Ww title: Nate Marquardt vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Hw: Daniel Cormier vs. Dion Staring
    Lw: Pat Healy vs. Jorge Masvidal
    Lhw: Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle
    Hw: Josh Barnett vs. Nandor Guelmino
    Lw: Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons
    Mw: Roger Gracie vs. Anthony Smith

Also added is

Mw: Jacare vs Lorenz Larkin
    Mw: Tim Kenedy vs Trevor Smith
    Lw: Estevan Payan vs Mike Bravo

Cracking card, Wonder what happened to Santiago though, he was supposed to debut for SF at 170lbs, maby UFC will just take him back and see how he does at the lower weight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 pm

and Jorge Gurgel vs. Adriano Martins
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

Cracking card, SF is really going out with a bang, great launching pad for those moving to UFC.

Bisping has been saying he slapped Rockhold about in sparring and SF champs shouldnt be getting title shots. Anyone believe him? Im sure we will get a reply from Rockhold soon....

I wonder if Barnett wins this who he will fight in UFC? How long is Carwin sidelined? I wonder if we will see a Nog rubbermatch win loose or draw against Werdum.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Melendez is the only SF champion that deserces an instant shot at the UFC belt.
    The only problem is that by the time he comes over, Nate Diaz will be champ, and I doubt those two will want to fight each other.

Melendez to featherweight I wonder?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Melendez is the only SF champion that deserces an instant shot at the UFC belt.
    The only problem is that by the time he comes over, Nate Diaz will be champ, and I doubt those two will want to fight each other.

Melendez to featherweight I wonder?

Agree with that though if Cormier got a shot straight away and Bones/Jds hadnt a better option I wouldnt complain.

Rockhold better not get one though! Im sure Maqruardt wont and there is no Lhw champ...

You think that Gil could make 145? He isnt a massive 155er but Ive never really considered him as one of the guys who could make 145, Also I think he lets himself go a bit between fights. He isnt a young guy for a Lw either so Im doubtfully of a cut, having said that ive heard he doesnt cut a lot of get to 155, more just get into fight shape.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place if Nate is champ though. I think there was a time Nick and him were the men at Gracies camp but right now I think Nate is every bit as good as either of them.

Id would be interesting to see them fight and if Nate had surpassed him but Its one of those rare times I buy the "I wont fight team mates" deal. Gracies camp is tiny and these guys have been friends for years.

Maby do a Deigo Sanchez stay pudgy and go up to 170?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 pm

i dont think he could make 145, he is a big lightweight, he dwarfed Kawajiri remember?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 am

I think Melendez could make 145. He's taller than Kawajiri but he doesn't carry anywhere near as much bulk and he's never been as shredded.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:31 pm