THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
efils_god
thebadgersbits
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
8 posters

Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced. Empty Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced.

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 pm

According to the LA Times, Jon Jones will display his lack of personality by coaching the next season of TUF and will then fight his fellow coach in April 2013.

Oh, the other coach is Chael Sonnen.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-72912761/

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced. Empty Re: Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced.

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Excellent

thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced. Empty Re: Reported - Bones to coach TUF, next fight announced.

Post  thebadgersbits Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 pm

lol!

lack of personality !!
    I concur he is a dull prick !!!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am

This is pretty ridiculous, and makes a bit of a mockery of all the guys fighting to become number 1 contender to have a crack at the belt, in all weight classes.

Sonne just has ton move up, fight no-one, then make some noise, and he walks into a shot.

Shows the UFC is all about money and is a huge middle finger to those guys quietly working hard for a title shot.

I'm sure the TUF will be entertaining, but Jones will absolutely destroy Chael. It will be a non-fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am

efils_god wrote:This is pretty ridiculous, and makes a bit of a mockery of all the guys fighting to become number 1 contender to have a crack at the belt, in all weight classes.

Sonne just has ton move up, fight no-one, then make some noise, and he walks into a shot.

Shows the UFC is all about money and is a huge middle finger to those guys quietly working hard for a title shot.

I'm sure the TUF will be entertaining, but Jones will absolutely destroy Chael. It will be a non-fight.

I agree, It's a shame the sole reason this has been made is because the TUF ratings are at an all time low, Although from a sporting perspective this stinks from a financial one It's a no brainer which sadly is how combat sports in general have become solely motivated by.

Still that said the verbal bombs Chael will be throwing at Jones should be TV Gold. Very Happy

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Sonnen doesn't deserve this title shot. It's a ridiculous call by Dana and driven purely to save TUF which nobody cares about anymore.

Henderson and Machida are far more deserving of the shot.

Can't fault Sonnen though, he's talked his way into this. Not sure it'll be a non-fight but Jones will have his usual massive size advantage so can't see him not winning it. We'll definitely see him on his back at some point though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I wouldnt rule out Hendo vs Anderson 2 then. Hendo said thats the only fight he would go back to 185 for and I think he diserves it. Anderson might want a fight before GSP if GSP is injured agaisnt Condit?

Let Machida fight Evans again because Gus and Shogun winner could get Glover I reckon.

Hendo isnt happy about it.

“I guess I should just quit training to win fights and to be exciting for the fans and just go to s— talking school @danawhite”

I think at his age especially they should have let Hendo get the fight, Hendo and Bones was a fight that was supposed to happen and if they needed Sonnen on TUF for ratings, put him against Machida or Lil Nog, because his rivalry with the brazilians is better than Jones. Its not like Jones is entertaining.

Hendo is a man on a 4 fight spree KOing Babalu, Feijao, and Fedor at Hw and putting in a classic against Shogun.

Sonnen has wins over Bisping and Stann at Mw, and 2 losses to Anderson in roughly the same time. Trying to cash in on Sonnen being a mouth is bad for the sport. Sad to see it. Dont blame Sonnen because being offered an undeserved shot is nothing to turn down, at least he has the balls to go for it I suppose.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I wouldnt rule out Hendo vs Anderson 2 then. Hendo said thats the only fight he would go back to 185 for and I think he diserves it. Anderson might want a fight before GSP if GSP is injured agaisnt Condit?

Let Machida fight Evans again because Gus and Shogun winner could get Glover I reckon.

Hendo isnt happy about it.

“I guess I should just quit training to win fights and to be exciting for the fans and just go to s— talking school @danawhite”

I think at his age especially they should have let Hendo get the fight, Hendo and Bones was a fight that was supposed to happen and if they needed Sonnen on TUF for ratings, put him against Machida or Lil Nog, because his rivalry with the brazilians is better than Jones. Its not like Jones is entertaining.

Hendo is a man on a 4 fight spree KOing Babalu, Feijao, and Fedor at Hw and putting in a classic against Shogun.

Sonnen has wins over Bisping and Stann at Mw, and 2 losses to Anderson in roughly the same time. Trying to cash in on Sonnen being a mouth is bad for the sport. Sad to see it. Dont blame Sonnen because being offered an undeserved shot is nothing to turn down, at least he has the balls to go for it I suppose.

The thing with Machida and Nog though is they just wouldn't respond to Sonnen's talk. Jones will try to and that'll lead to good back and forward shittalking. They're also still desperate to get Jones some fans so they'll force feed him down people's throats on TUF.

Machida-Evans 2 would be great. Not sure I want to see Hendo-Anderson at 185. Hendo cutting that weight is going to lead to him gassing after 2 rounds, rather than after 3 as he does at LHW.

If Hendo did fight, and beat Anderson, that would make him the GOAT though IMO. He'd have wins over the two fighters regarded as the best ever, Anderson and Fedor and three others over top 10 all time guys in Wandi, Shogun and Big Nog.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 am

Dana trying to justify it but actually letting slip that he thinks Sonnen has no chance.....

"These guys will both coach The Ultimate Fighter. They'll fight when the season's over, and then whoever's next in line at 205 pounds can fight Jon Jones next for the title."
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 am

Dana is trying to save TUF by using Sonnen - that series is a dead duck that has served it's purpose.

There is no way he deserves a shot, especially over Hendo. Dana is probably scared Hendo would win and ruin his next cash cow.

Like Anfield said, it is also a chance for Jones to win over those fans who see him as an arrogant cock but I don't know if he will have the wit or personality to do that. Chael will be told to wind him up as much as possible and play the bad guy so Jones comes out smelling sweet.

I doubt that Chael has a chance in the fight itself but he will win the verbal battles. But when a champ has cleared out a division, Chael Sonnen will talk his way into a shot. If Aldo keeps winning, I reckon Sonnen will call him out next......
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 am

The one thing that might play in Sonnen's favour is that Jones is easily rattled. When Rashad was talking shit to him it rattled him and he put in a poor performance. Unfortunately for Rashad he froze on the night. Sonnen will talk 10 times more shit, and be far more personal and abusive with it.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I've just come to the sad realisation that this is only the third least deserving title shot handed out by the UFC this year.

Vitor was short notice so that is sort of acceptable, but Edgar v Aldo is still supposed to be going ahead. At least Sonnen isn't coming of two losses.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:55 am