THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
Sheldan
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Mryzyz
The_Axe_Emperor
manschesthair_utd
efils_god
payneNglory1
Ginginho
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
uly
Anfields5thKing
19 posters

General MMA News

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

General MMA News - Page 16 Empty Re: General MMA News

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm really saddened by the news of Jeff Blatnick's death the man fought through a lot of things It's still amazing to think the man won an Gold Medal during a on off battle with Hodgkin's. He was of course a big advocate for the way the UFC is today with the implementing of many rulings and a great commentator. Sad

R.I.P Jeff.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:33 am

Dana has said that Bonner has decide to retire after the Silva loss
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:39 am

also in his live chat with fans that was hosted online by MetroPCS,Dana was asked about a potential super fight between his Middleweight and Light Heavyweight champions.

"I guarantee you Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones will absolutely happen," he said. "It's happening. It will happen."
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 am

Dana White, the man with the big mouth and little power, once again making promises about fights that he can't make happen.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Well with Sonnen fighting Jones in April and Johnny boy wanting to go up to HW (aka his real weight class Laughing ) by the end of next year I can't see this fight happening.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 pm

I just love the fact that Dana thinks he can make Anderson do anything. Anderson does what he wants, whenever he wants.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 am

Dana also guaranteed that Jeremy Stephens would fight the other week.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Bonnar and Herman have failed Drug tests, interested to see how Zuffa react to this considering there is commission to deal with.

My guess is Bonnar is Diuretic related and Herman surely It has to be Pot. Very Happy
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Yeah it says Pee wees was weed again and Bonners test came up with Drostanolone,the same steroid King Mo got suspended for.

2nd time Pee wees failed for weed,he denied smoking it like hell the first time Laughing ,lets see him try and deny it again.

And Bonner's been done twice for Steroids now.

Hermans on a 3 fight losing streak,he's now failed 2 tests while in the UFC and also pissed off Dana,with the "looking like a gorilla wearing a pink scarf,coming out to Macho man"when he lost to Struve,So since it was the UFC doing the testing for the event,I think he'll be fined and handed his walking papers to be honest.

Bonner is retired now so a suspension mean nothing to him and since he will always be a member of the tight UFC family,I don't think ZUFFA will do anything to him.
    They may publicly,just to show face,impose some sort of fine,but since the fine will have to be paid to ZUFFA,I'm sure it'll be swept under the carpet and he'll be looked after by them in his retirement.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Josh Barnett Expects to Fight on January Strikeforce Card

One fighter who is among those stuck in limbo is heavyweight Josh Barnett, who has a single fight left under the Strikeforce banner until he’s free to pursue other interests. Strikeforce did away with the heavyweight division in 2012 with the exception of Barnett and Daniel Cormier who were the finalists in the first ever Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix.

Since their fight in May, both Cormier and Barnett have been awaiting another fight to finish out their time in Strikeforce and either move over to the UFC, or find a new promotion to compete in.

While nothing has been signed, Barnett believes that he will be a part of the huge show planned for January with Strikeforce, allowing him to fulfill the final fight on his deal.

“I do know that I’m looking forward to fighting sometime in January for Strikeforce, and giving all the fans that have been following me on Showtime and Strikeforce exactly what they expect,” Barnett told Inside MMA on Monday.

When pressed on the subject about whether or not he truly believed he would be a part of that card, Barnett was emphatic in his idea that he would be fighting in January.

While no announcements about the card have been made, rumors have circulated that multiple title fights and several other major fights are expected for the January Strikeforce show.

It appears Barnett believes he’s going to at least be one part of the plan.

“I really do expect that. I don’t have an opponent, I can just start with all my members of my team in the gym, and start thrashing them,” said Barnett.

So who do you think his opponent could be?

See if Fedor will come out of retirement for the barnett fight,ask cro-cop if he wants another big payday from ZUFFA,Arlovski maybe,Duffee,Ishii or one of the SFL HW's or maybe the UFC will just send a couple of fighters over for Barnett and Cormier to fight on the Jan card.

I'm getting quite excited over this supposed January Strikeforce mega card,I just hope they can find good opponents for the big names that are rumored to be on this card.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Fabricio Werdum and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira have named their coaching staffs for "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2.

Team Werdum features Wanderlei Silva (MMA), Rafael Cordeiro (muay Thai), Rubens Cobrinha (jiu-jitsu), Kenny Johnson (wrestling) and Felipe Werdum (capoeira), according to a report from Globo.

Team Nogueira, meanwhile, features Luiz Dorea (boxing), Everaldo Penco (jiu-jitsu), Eric Albarracin (wrestling), Sheymon Moraes (muay Thai) and Vitor Miranda (kickboxing).
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 pm

It's official Strikeforce is dead after their January event.

Personally I think It's an awful decision I honestly feel they should have kept has a feeder League or maybe Showtime has an other promotion lined up or maybe even there own MMA org.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Dana's about to be made look daft once again by the people that run the UFC. His proclamation that female fighters would NEVER fight in the UFC is about to be binned off by Joe Silva and the Fertittas.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Good news.

It'll be a bit wierd seeing women fight in the UFC at first. Though I will say womens fights at 125 and 135lbs tend to be more entertaining than the mens at the equivalent weight (albeit with sloppier technique on average).

I hope they add more than just the 135lbs division. 125, 135 and 145 would be a good start.

The UFC could have 15 or so champions in a couple of years time.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Good news.

It'll be a bit wierd seeing women fight in the UFC at first. Though I will say womens fights at 125 and 135lbs tend to be more entertaining than the mens at the equivalent weight (albeit with sloppier technique on average).

I hope they add more than just the 135lbs division. 125, 135 and 145 would be a good start.

The UFC could have 15 or so champions in a couple of years time.

Hell yeah bring on the over 200 lb division for women - we could have the first ever submission by breast smothering Twisted Evil
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this so i'll put it here this Sunday on Trace Sports (SKY TV) there is a a mini documentary on Wanderlei Silva around 10;30pm.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 am

Aleks vs Monson has happened.

Spoiler:
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Fuck raging I missed the Wand documentary! What was it called? Maby I can find it online?

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 pm

It's this Sunday Ben I think It's only on for 20 minutes I'd keep and eye the time though I SKY+ a Bisping mini Doc on Trace Wednesday (I think) and I missed the majority of It Trace have shown a few MMA ones recently. BTW the Shogun mini Doc is on Saturday around 10:45pm If you have a search function on whatever viewing box you have got search for "Fighting Spirit".
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Ive sky mate Ill have a look cheers for that.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Fitch vs Maia at 156, Im backing Maia, he is the last man who will let Fitch smother him and I think he has come on enough on the feet to beat Fitch there too.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Another MMA mini doc is on Trace Tonight It's about Ubereem (10:45pm) although I'm not trusting SKY+ again after they screwed up the Wand mini doc start time. Mad
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Another MMA mini doc is on Trace Tonight It's about Ubereem (10:45pm) although I'm not trusting SKY+ again after they screwed up the Wand mini doc start time. Mad

Cunts, think I recorded 15mins of cricket insted of headstomps! Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Since we seem to enjoy talk about fighters weights,this made interesting reading from Mike Dolce.

Mike Dolce is known as the guy who helps guys with their diets in MMA. Generally The Dolce Diet allows them to drop a weight class or aid in their weight cut, but his nutritional plans can also help guys get bigger in some cases. Such as the case of a former middleweight who is now getting a shot at the UFC light heavyweight title - Chael Sonnen.

On The Church of What's Happening Now podcast with Joey Diaz from last week, Dolce stated that Sonnen was '240 pounds and ripped' right now. When asked if that was true on twitter, Dolce confirmed it:

Yes. "@stubeii: @thedolcediet Hey Mr. Dolce. Just listened to you on Joey's podcast, is Chael really walking round at 240 and ripped? Damn!"
    — Mike DOLCE (@TheDolceDiet) November 26, 2012

It's pretty clear what Sonnen's detractors are going to scream right away - TRT! - but it's really not that inconceivable that Chael could get up to 240 rather easily no matter what. Chael was 218 in the cage against Anderson Silva at UFC 148 according to Dolce, and Dolce has stated before that Chael walks around at 233. So it's definitely not that crazy. It is nuts that he cuts that much weight to make 185 though, even though he does diet down to 205 the day before fights.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 am

Four more fighters got the chop from the UFC today,Ken Stone,Byron Bloodworth,Josh Janousek (Future trivia question,cut without actually making an appearance for the UFC) and Pedro Nobre,who I believe is going to take this time to work on his acting career.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 am