THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March Empty Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 am

Lavar Johnson is going to fight Joey Beltran at UFC on FX 2 in Janurary, that should be a really good fight for the fans two crowd pleasing styles slugging it out. Ive got Beltran to win this one... anyone else?

Bigfoots Manager has said he should Debut in the UFC around March.. If im not mistaken thats when Carwin is looking to return, Im really hoping these two will get matched up togeather.

With these SF Heavies coming over I think this is the Strongest the Hw devision has ever been in one place. Look forward to seeing who the remaining Heavies are matched up with.

Anyone know if Sergei is still a Strikeforce fighter?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March Empty Re: Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 pm

I wonder if SDR and Chad Griggs are coming over too?

Any other decent SF heavies under contract? Ray Sefo? What about Hershal Walker... I doubt UFC will give him a fight!

Ray Sefo vs Mark Hunt rematch I say!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March Empty Re: Lavar vs Beltran and Bigfoot to debut in March

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:21 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/chad-griggs-latest-strikeforce-heavyweight-moving-to-the-ufc

Nice one Griggs moved over to the UFC now too! Any Ideas for Opponents? Rob Broughton would be Idea I think.
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 pm

i know he's not a heavy but does anyone know if manhoef will be comin over to ufc? is he still a strikeforce fighter even? One of my faves!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:55 pm

I've not heard anything about SDR's recovery from the car crash,has he healed up ?

I know when they were first talking about it,they were saying it could be career threatening,but then again this is America,so alot of that is probably them just getting ready for his claim in court.

Lavar will be one fight and out I recon,like the guy,he's got a good story,but to be honest he's just not a good fighter,I think he'd struggle to get past the first rd in a Bellator tourney.
    Beltran although not a great fighter himself,is I believe a standard to high for lavar..

Griggs is abit of an unknown really,since we have watched him fight three times for strikeforce,two of his opponents have quit on him,lashley due to being shit and exhausted after 5 mins[though he still won the first rd,if I recall correctly] and V Reem tapped out to strikes before he barely landed a punch on him,then his other win was against the overly hyped LHW Villante.
    So I'm not sold on him yet.

Don't see either Griggs or Lavar being around for long,but I'm really hoping SDR returns healthy and not to effected from the injuries and lay off,he's impressed me the few times I've watched him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:14 pm