THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
Sly Uses
The_Axe_Emperor
mikeyboybisping
Toquinho
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
KJGould
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
Paolo_73
Moose Stuff For Money...
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
Shanemc
Ronwah
sunthunder
23 posters

Prospect Thread

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Prospect Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Prospect Thread

Post  payneNglory1 Thu May 13, 2010 11:04 pm

What about Pat Curran,22 year old cousin of Jeff Curran,who just beat Huerta at Bellator 17.

11-3
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks very much Payne, didn't know he was so young, added him.

Patricio Freire and Hector Lombard fought at Bellator 17 last night, both won. Patricio fights Joe Warren in the featherweight tournament finals for a shot at Joe Soto. I hope he wins, I can't stand Warren, way too cocky.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Yeah I watched it last night.

Warrens a little wrestling power house,but he needs to do loads of work on the rest of his game,you can only power your way out of subs for so long cus if he ends up against a good BJJ practitioner,he's getting subbed every time.

I think Pitbull will be a far better challenge for him.

and what can we say about Lombard after knocking out a guy who took the fight on 2 days notice in 6.1 sec,apart from it looks like he will be wasting his talent if he just stays fighting the MW's Bellator can offer him,I mean even Lombard thinks that Hess is still the other best MW in Bellator and I don't rate Hess that highly,so I hope he's wrong and one of the others like Baker prove to be better and give him a good challenge.

The MW tourney is probably the weakest tourney Bellator are running this season.

But overall I'm really loving this seasons Bellator,it's been like a breath of fresh air for MMA this year.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri May 14, 2010 8:43 pm

I too would like to see Hector in either UFC or Strikeforce where they have middleweights that can challenge him.

UFC obviously but he would be a good additioin to the solid SF roster.

Jacare vs Lombard
    Henderson vs Lombard
    Shields i think has 1 more fight too.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 pm

I think he would lose against all three of those guys TBH. I say the better MWs in the world beat him him, most of the top 10 anyway. I like him at Bellator because he is a good fighter and this helps them expand to a certain extent. Bellator should co promote with Shine, Ninja vs Lombard would be a great fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 pm

one side of me thinks it would probably be good for him to stay the Bellator champ for a little while more while also taking on a few fights outside Bellator against Strikeforce/Shine and other descent standard Orgs,then he can start thinking about stepping up to the UFC guys.

but then again he is 32 years old with 29 fights under his belt,so maybe he should of stepped up in compitition a while ago,which he did while in Pride but since losing to Moussasi and Gono,he seems to have only fought weaker compitition for the last 3-4 years,either way he is an exciting fighter and I really want to now see him fight against top fighters and not waste his time with the level of fighters he has been in against lately.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri May 14, 2010 11:11 pm

In the UFC he does have more options to fight so he can gradually build his way up.

He could start with someone like The Crow, a tough but very beatable opponent. Then he could go and fight someone Dan Miller, a step up in competition. Then he could fight guys like Belcher/Wandy/Sexyama (who ever is hot at the time) if he wins that then he faces the top contender which would be Belfort/Nate whoever. But the thing is I don't think he would get past the Sexyama/Belcher/Wandy stage, maybe Sexyama but the other two I think would beat him. I suppose he should give it a go and see what happens, no point wondering "what if".
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 15, 2010 1:29 am

What do you think about adding Braulio Estima? Second degree BB, training to make his MMA debut for Shine. I think he can be quite successful, he beat Garcia in grappling compeition twice. He is 29 though so that might qualify as too old to get in.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Japanese Judo Gold medalist Satoshi Ishii fought tonight on the Xplosion New Zealand v Japan show in Auckland against Tuffa ‘Thumper’ Misipati. The fight was a classic kickboxer v grappler match with Ishii getting the takedown early in round 1 and almost getting a kimura from side control. It was stood up after Ishii tried to knee Tuffa in the head on the ground, but it quickly went to ground again where Ishii secured an armbar and won the fight.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm

good to see Ishii is getting some low level fights to build up his skills. He needs to stay out of the limelight for at least another 3 fights or something. He's way too raw to be on big shows just yet like he was in his debut. But alot of potential
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon May 24, 2010 12:36 am

Roger Bowling was apparently pretty impressive in his win against Bobby Voelker at Strikeforce Challengers. I've not been able to find a video of the fight but here is one of him KO'ing Seth Baczynski...

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Bowling was looking really good untill the eye poke shit.

It was a really strange ending.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Two of the prospects in this thread signed by the UFC - Stanislav Nedkov to debut at UFC 117, Willamy Chiquerim vacated his Shooto 154lb title after defeated Endo and has apparently signed too.

Shooto 154lb title used to be one of the most prestigious, had no consistency recently Crying or Very sad
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 pm

UFC have also recently signed 11-1 Brazilian welterweight Almicar Alves

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/06/02/ufc-118-recent-welterweight-signing-amilcar-alves-signed-to-face-mike-pierce/

pretty good prospect, the UFC have been making some good signings recently.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:17 pm

dont no if he has been said but this guy looks very good

Edson Barboza
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Edson-Barboza-46259

few of his fights are on youtube reminds me of jose aldo has nasty kicks and good knees and alot of power and is also is a black belt in bjj looking to see him fight some good opposition to see how good he really is
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:13 pm

lol i was just watching a videos of him aswell, you didnt see it on a thread about him on sherdog by any chance?

Good prospect i think.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 pm

i did indeed lol watched a few fights and he looks very very good
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Lowkick.com's top ten prospects...

1. John Hathaway
    Promotion: UFC
    Record: 14-0
    Weight Class: Welterweight
    Team: London Shootfighters

The English Welterweight is without any shadow of a doubt the most promising youngster in Mixed Martial Arts today. Only 22 years old, Hathaway holds an impressive record of 14-0 with 5 knockouts and 4 submissions. John Hathaway is currently 4-0 in the UFC, with a huge victory over the former UFC Lightweight Title challenger Diego Sanchez at UFC 114. Standing at 6 ft 2 inches tall, Hathaway is a rare specimen in his weight class, enjoying a valuable reach and size advantage. The most interesting thing about John Hathaway is that he's not coming from any special Wrestling or BJJ background. This kid has a proven record in the biggest arena out there, as his continuous improvement in all aspects of the game make him a sure shot for the UFC Lightweight crown sometime in the future.

2. Josh Grispi
    Promotion: WEC
    Record: 14-1
    Weight Class: Featherweight
    Team: South Shore Sportfighting

WEC Featherweight Josh Grispi is without a doubt one of the biggest rising talents in MMA. Holding a 14-1 record at the age of 21, with six TKO's and seven Submissions, Girspi is already a top contender in World Extreme Cagefighting. Josh Grispi is currently 4-0 in WEC, all first round finishes. More than that, "The Fluke" was only once out of the first round in his career. Humble personality and an incredible work rate are Josh Grispi's biggest assets. With Manny Gamburyan fighting for the WEC Featherweight title against Jose Aldo at WEC 51, "The Fluke" may be just one fight away from securing his shot at greatness.

3. Phil Davis
    Record: 7-0
    Weight Class: Light Heavyweight
    Team: Lloyd Irvin/A.K.A

Mr. Wonderful continued his UFC this weekend adventure with the third consecutive victory, this time over the 9-2 Rodney Wallace. Four-time NCAA Division I All-American, Phil Davis is one of the most decorated wrestlers in the UFC. And by training alongside top fighters at Team Lloyd Irvin and American Kickboxing Academy, Davis is expected to make his breakthrough during 2011. Just like Georges St. Pierre, Cain Velasquez and Jon Jones, Phil Davis' self-criticism will ensure the progress to the top of UFC Light Heavyweight division.

4. Pat Curran
    Promotion: Bellator
    Record: 12-3
    Weight Class: Lightweight
    Team: Curran MMA Academy

Bellator's 2010 Lightweight Tournament Winner, Pat Curran is definitely one of the most exciting prospects to ever compete in MMA. Pat Curran is currently 12-3 in his MMA campaign, with victories over the UFC veteran Roger "El Matador" Huerta and Toby Imada on his way to win the Bellator Lightweight Tournament. Pat Curran reminds me of Frankie Edgar by the way he built, and his illusive Boxing style. The Illinois-native will square off against the Top 10 155'er Eddie Alvarez on Bellator's Season Three, with sights on solidifying his place among the MMA Lightweight elite.

5. Ben Askren
    Record: 6-0
    Team: American Top Team/Lions Den

Sydney 2008 Olympics Wrestling participant, Ben Askren is one of the most promising fighters in MMA. Twenty-six year old Askren is currently a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt, competing in ADCC and FILA against some of the top grapplers in the world. Askren dominated the Top 10 Welterweight Dan Hornbuckle at the Bellator Welterweight Tournament Final, and now will face the reigning Champ Lyman Good sometime during season three. In his fight against Hornbuckle, Askren was able to show how far he improved as a Mixed Martial Artist, by defeating submission attempts and disabling "The Handler's" top notch striking. Ben Askren will definitely be a Top 10 Welterweight in a few years from now.

6. Alexander Shlemenko
    Record: 30-4
    Weight Class: Middleweight
    Team: RusFighters Sport Club

Another Bellator prospect, Twenty-six year old Alexander "The Storm" Shlemenko has an incredible record of 30-4 with 19 KO's, 4 Submissions and 7 Decisions. Shlemenko TKO'd the 13-1 Bryan Baker in his last fight, to win the Bellator Middleweight Tournament. His scheduled September fight against the fellow KO artist Hector Lombard could be a sure candidate for the Slugfest of the Year, especially when the both fighters share 33 TKO finishes in 63 career fights. Shlemenko could be a great addition to the UFC Middleweight division, with fights against the likes of Alan Belcher and Nate Marquardt as a potential toe-to-toe entertainment.

7. Renan Barao
    Promotion: WEC
    Record: 23-1
    Weight Class: Bantamweight
    Team: Nova Uniao Brasil

The young Brazilian has probably the most impressive record on this list, with 23 victories and just one defeat (in his first professional fight). Barao made his WEC debut last month at WEC 49: Varner vs Shalorus, by defeating Anthony Leone via second round armbar. In fact, 10 of Barao's career victories come by the way of submission. WEC Featherweight Champion and Nova Uniao partner Jose Aldo declared that Renan Barao will be in Top 3 of his division within a year. I personally share the same opinion.

8. Shane Del Rosario
    Promotion: Strikeforce
    Record: 10-0
    Weight Class: Heavyweight
    Team: Oyama

The young Strikeforce Heavyweight gun Shane Del Rosario demonstrated his continuous improvement against the more experienced Lolohea Mahe at the ShoMMA 9 event. Del Rosario's Muay Thai is a pleasure to watch, and his impressive 10-0 record of 8 TKO's and 2 Submission is a proof that he has a future as one of the top Heavyweights in the World. Del Rosario has recently expressed his desire to square off against Andrei Arlovski, in what could be a Baptism of Fire of his entrance to the Strikeforce's Heavyweight elite.

9. Magomed Shikshabekov
    Promotion: M-1 Global
    Team: Legion Russia

Young Dagestan-born Welterweight Magomed Shikshabekov is without a doubt M-1 Global's biggest prospect, and probably the biggest name after Fedor Emelianenko. "The Eagle" holds a clean 7-0 record, never out of the first round, two TKO's and four Submissions. At the age of 25, Shikshabekov has a bright future ahead of him. The twenty-five year old dominated his every opponent at M-1 Selection shows, thanks to his elite-level Sambo, which more and more reminds me of a young Fedor Emelianenko. Shikshabekov was originally scheduled to square off against AKA's Ron Keslar at Fedor vs. Werdum, but the fight was cancelled due to his Visa issues. This way or another, Shikshabekov's debut against a top opponent is just a question of time.

10. Dong Yi Yang
    Record: 9-0
    Weight Class: Middleweight
    Team: Korean Top Team

Korean Top Team product Dong Yi Yang already signed with the UFC, and will face TUF 11 product Chris Cammozi at the stacked UFC 121 event in October. The powerful South Korean trains alongside the Korean Zombie Chan Sung Jung, and holds an impressive all-TKO record of 9-0. Dong Yi Yang defeated the Pride Veteran Pawel Nestula in a controversial Sengoku">Sengoku bout, which will be remembered for Yang's multiple kicks to the groin. Nicknamed "The Ox", Dong Yi Yang brings a very "colorful" character to the Octagon, and will surely stay in the UFC for a reasonable amount of time.
    http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Top-10-Young-prospects-in-MMA-9476
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 pm

cheers John Hathaway is class!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Francisco “Massaranduba” Drinaldo
    Record: 6-0
    Team: Aecio Sula
    Division: Lightweight

Brazil has been a breeding ground for elite MMA talent since the sport’s earliest days, thanks to a rich combat sports tradition that extends not only into Brazilian jiu-jitsu but boxing, muay Thai and judo. Put a gun to my head, and I’d say Drinaldo will be the next big thing out of MMA’s fertile crescent.

It’s hard to deny him that title since he already holds wins over Flavio Alvaro and Luiz “Buscape” Firmino -- battle-tested veterans with serious experience against world-class competition. That feat is impressive enough on its own, but it bears noting that Drinaldo tapped out Firmino with ease and showed some real manliness in the face of adversity against Alvaro.

Currently under contract with Wallid Ismail’s Jungle Fight organization -- easily the best promotion in all of Brazil or South America, for that matter -- the hope is that Ismail’s connections to Zuffa will land Drinaldo a ticket to the major leagues sooner rather than later. Considering the man lives what could charitably be called a Spartan lifestyle, the reality that the financial cost of fighting might keep him from pursuing the sport any further remains a real concern.

Drinaldo’s is a common quandary for up-and-coming fighters who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, the best example being former top-ranked bantamweight Akitoshi Hokazono, who retired from MMA to run his own business. Given Ismail’s excitement over Drinaldo’s potential however, it seems safe to assume Brazil will soon have another homegrown hero to add to the ranks.

Maximo “Maxi” Blanco
    Record: 6-2-1
    Team: Yoshida Dojo
    Division: Lightweight

Calling a professional fighter a savage may seem a somewhat unsavory thing to do. With that said, no fighter has fought with Blanco’s reckless savagery since Wanderlei Silva’s heyday. A whirling dervish of double leg slams and thudding strikes, to watch the Venezuelan powerhouse fight is to understand what happens when freakish athleticism meets unrestrained rage.

Just a few years ago, “Maxi” was a world-class freestyle wrestler, an incredible accomplishment considering the mind, body and soul commitment it takes to reach that level. Now he trains at the Yoshida Dojo with Kazuhiro Nakamura and the world-ranked Michihiro Omigawa and has picked up the game with the same speed he runs through his opponents.

The obvious flaw in Blanco’s style is his temerarious approach, which has landed him in many dicey positions on the mat. However, the scrambling skills essential to freestyle wrestling have allowed him to consistently escape the pits he routinely digs for himself. His other saving grace is the kill-shot knockout power he puts into every strike he throws.

It only takes one clean blow for Blanco to end a fight, and his voluminous striking style tilts probability in his favor to an unfair degree. The continuous improvement he has shown throughout his still nascent career makes Blanco a special prospect. Should the day come when Blanco’s trainers marry his unchained aggression with some actual strategy, the lightweight division will become a very dangerous place.

File Photo

Magomed Shikshabekov
    Magomed Shikshabekov
    Team: Legion Fight Team
    Division: Welterweight

The M-1 Selection series has long been the butt of many jokes, and, to be honest, the overall level of fighting to be found there leaves much to be desired. However, putting a gaggle of international fighters into huge tournaments is bound to produce a diamond, and Shikshabekov is proof of that.

Already the subject of comparisons to countryman Fedor Emelianenko, it’s hard not to see a bit of “The Last Emperor” in Shikshabekov’s style. Originally a Sambo competitor, Shikshabekov has morphed into a supremely well-rounded mixed martial artist despite having less than two professional years under his belt.

A smooth striker with knockout power that belies his slight frame, Shikshabekov is actually at his best on the mat. Lack of Brazilian jiu-jitsu skills remain a common concern surrounding any eastern European or Russian prospect since that region lags behind the rest of the world in quality instructors. No such worries exist for Shikshabekov, however, as he has shown silky submission skills off his back, as well as strong guard passing from top control.

The only legitimate concern about his long-term ceiling is the fact that he fights in the welterweight division despite a frame that’s better suited for 155 pounds. Let us hope someone gets in his ear about fighting at lightweight and scores him some better opposition, because the level of fight IQ “The Quantum Russian” routinely displays is something MMA fans the world over need to see.

Chris Weidman
    Record: 2-0
    Team: Team Serra-Longo
    Division: Middleweight

Of all the prospects to make my cut, the 25 year-old Weidman definitely looks like the long play of the bunch. A student of former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and much-lauded striking coach Ray Longo, Weidman burst onto the scene at the 2009 Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championships, where he took on Brazilian jiu-jitsu demigod Andre Galvao in an instant classic.

No purple belt should be able to give Galvao a serious roll on the mats, but Weidman took him to the limit and, despite losing the spirited affair 4-0, was hailed as one of the tournament’s breakout stars. However, unlike so many grappling converts, MMA has always been the primary focus of his Brazilian jiu-jitsu training, and the same prodigious talent he shows on the mats has translated beautifully to the cage.

Weidman’s combat sports roots actually go all the way back to his collegiate wrestling days, as he was a two-time All-American at both the junior college and Div. I level; he also briefly trained for the United States Greco-Roman squad. His combination of gravity-defying throws, an ironclad base and scarily preternatural grappling skills has already made him one of North America’s premier prospects.

A real challenge awaits him when he meets heavy-hitting Team Tiger Schulmann product Uriah Hall for the Ring of Combat middleweight title at Ring of Combat 31 on Sept. 24. If Weidman can overcome the first serious challenge of his MMA career, it may be just a matter of time before his trainers’ connections to the UFC land him in the Octagon.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Stefan "the rock" Janosch
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Janos

height: 6 ft 4 in
    weight: 250 lbs
    MMA Record: 1-0-0
    (a 37 second KO)

he took the gold in the +100kg division at the world combat sambo championships earlier today beating Aleksander Emelianenko in the final.
    he previously won the silver in 2008 competition losing to Blagoi Ivanov in the final.

next fight on the 11th of this month at Respect FC 4.
    http://www.respectfc.de/

by the way i have no idea what is going on here, see if you can figure it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX9ZjDZedJ4Prospect Thread - Page 3 Janosch-stefan-1
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:20 am

Magomed Shikshabekov

BloodStain Lane apparently called him the Fedor of the lower weight classes, and as we all, BloodStain is the man who knows all!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Anfield, i posted about Magomed on this thread AGES ago!!!

i even remember you asking for videos of his fights.
    cyclops

anyway....
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dongi-Yang-23501

9-0-0 (8 ko, 1 sub) fighting Chris Camozzi at UFC 121

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7911.html

^check that out, thats fightin talk!
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Adding/updating lots of prospects today, here's the new guys:

USA:

Name: Lyman Good
    Weight: 170lbs
    Record: 10-0-0
    Team: Team Tiger Schulmann
    Signed to: Bellator welterweight champion - faces Ben Askren for title at Bellator 33
    Background: Karate

Name: Daniel Cormier
    Weight: 250lbs
    Record: 5-0-0
    Team: AKA
    Signed to: Strikeforce - next faces Soa Palelei for XMMA in November
    Background: Outstanding wrestler, 2004 Olympics 4th place, Bronze medal at Worlds, Olympic team captain

Name: Cole Konrad
    Weight: 265lbs
    Record: 6-0-0
    Team: Minnesota Martial Arts Academy
    Signed to: Bellator - defeated Damien Grabowski at Bellator 29, will face Neil Grove in heavyweight tournament final.
    Background: Decorated collegiate wrestler, NCAA title holder, All-time Minnesota winstreak holder, Gold at Pan-ams

Name: Michael Chandler
    Weight: 155lbs
    Record: 3-0-0
    Team: Xtreme Couture
    Signed to: Bellator
    Background: Wrestling team mate of Askren and Woodley

Name: Mike Easton
    Weight: 135lbs
    Record: 10-1-0
    Team: Team Lloyd Irvin
    Signed to: UWC Bantamweight champion, defeated Chase Beebe by split decision for the belt
    Background: BJJ black belt under Irvin, good striker

Name: Chris Weidman
    Weight: 185lbs
    Record: 2-0-0
    Team: Team Serra
    Signed to:
    Background: All American, BJJ purple belt, natural grappler, competed at ADCC

Brazil:

Name: Edson "Barboza" Mendes Jr
    Team: The Armory
    Signed to: UFC - debuts at UFC 123 against Darren Elkins
    Background: Muay Thai - 25-3 - 22 KO's

Name: Erick Silva
    Record: 10-1-0
    Team: Team Nogueira
    Signed to: Jungle Fight
    Background: BJJ

Name: Rodolfo Marques
    Weight: 135lbs
    Record: 9-1-0
    Team: Nova Uniao
    Signed to: Shooto Brazil
    Background:

Name: Bruno Santos
    Weight: 185lbs
    Record: 7-0-0
    Team: Ze Mario Team
    Signed to:
    Background: Strong wrestler with good ground and pound, unlike many other Brazilian fighters.

Name: Edinaldo "Molusco" Oliveira
    Weight: 235lbs
    Record: 7-0-1
    Team: Nordeste/Champion Team
    Signed to: WFE - defeated Joaquim Ferreira by UD
    Background: Not really background, but he's 6'7, so has potential to add mass to his frame.

Name: Jussier da Silva
    Weight: 125lbs
    Team: Nova Uniao Kimura
    Signed to: Shooto Brazil/Palace Fights
    Background: Considered to be among the best flyweights in the world. BJJ black belt and CBJJE World Champion.

Name: Francisco Drinaldo
    Team: Constrictor Team, BTT
    Signed to: Jungle Fight
    Background: BJJ, Kickboxing (Brazilian Champion). Kneebarred Buscape in 2 minutes!

Name: Yan Cabral
    Team: Nova Uniao
    Signed to:
    Background: BJJ, accomplished grappler who regularly competes in Mundials - all 7 wins by submission

Japan

Name: Yusaku Inoue
    Team: Purebred Kawaguchi
    Signed to: Shooto
    Background:

Name: Shigeki Osawa
    Weight: 145lbs
    Record: 5-1-0
    Team: Yoshida Dojo
    Signed to: Sengoku
    Background: All Japan freestyle wrestling champion, almost made Olympic team. Only loss a close fight with Ronnie Mann.

Name: Koichiro Matsumoto
    Weight: 145lbs
    Record: 11-2-0
    Team: Imada Dojo
    Signed to: Deep - captured Featherweight title from Takafumi Otsuka
    Background:

Korea:

Name: "Hungry" Hae Joon Yang
    Weight: 230lbs
    Team:
    Signed to: Bellator - was due to face Mike Hayes in Bellator tournament but had Visa problems, fighting at Legend Fighting Championship event September 24th.
    Background: High school wrestling championships silver medalist, Collegiate wrestler. Big KO power, KO win over Joaquim Ferreira.

Name: Seung Ho Yang
    Team: Evolve MMA
    Signed to:
    Background: Last defeated David "Hello Japan" Gardener on 15th of September

Will get to the UK/Euro/others later
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Shouldn't you have 20 year old,Charles Oliveira (14-0,6 KO's,7 subs and 1 decision)in this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:57 pm