THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Caol Uno Released by UFC

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Caol Uno Released by UFC Empty Caol Uno Released by UFC

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Lightweight Caol Uno has been released by the UFC. MMA Fighting learned of the news from sources close to the situation Friday.

The Japanese fighter went 0-2-1 since returning to the UFC in June 2009. He most recently lost via first-round TKO to Gleison Tibau at UFN 21 in March.

Uno dropped his return to the Octagon against Spencer Fisher at UFC 99 last year. He then fought to a majority draw against Fabricio Camoes in November. The 34-year-old is 1-1-4 in his last six professional fights. His overall record is 27-13-5 in 45 pro fights.

A former UFC lightweight title contender, Uno has fought for Shooto, K-1 Hero's and DREAM. This was his second stint with the organization.

I completely agree with this cut because he just can't compete with the UFC's LW's anymore,the talent level and just the overall size of these guys is now to much for Uno,I would like to see him drop weight and move over to the WEC where I think he can become relevent again.(then again I thought that about Chelsea's boy Pulver Evil or Very Mad so what do I know)
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Caol Uno Released by UFC Empty Re: Caol Uno Released by UFC

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:01 am

Linhares is also cut. Shame about Uno though.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:53 am

He wasn't able to cut it this time, poor against Spencer, who is below gatekeeper level, poor against Cameos who is nothing special and poor against Tibau. That Tibau fight was embarrasing because of the size difference, Tibau could have fought at WW and Uno would have been a FW. If he wants to continue with MMA, go to the WEC. 155 or 145.

And stop reminding me about Pulver in the WEC Crying or Very sad
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:00 am

Shame, but were any of them relevant for tltle contention any more? Nope.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:28 am