THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
6 posters

6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI Empty 6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:29 pm

#2:MUAY THAI

www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/martial_arts/muay_thai.jpg" alt=""/>

Country of Origin: Thailand

Like many countries in southeast Asia, Thailand has been violated more times than (tranny prostitute joke omitted for being too easy). So, like the Russians, they got lots of practice at punching people to death. Thus was born Muay Thai, a.k.a. The Art of Eight Limbs. Yeah, eight limbs. Muay Thai counts the knees and elbows as separate limbs and focuses on using those "limbs" as clubs, slamming the opponent with them as hard and often as possible.

No, they don't dick around. While other martial arts have techniques called "Shifting Sands" and "Transposing Shadows," Muay Thai has techniques called "Throwing Buffalo Punch," which can take down a Buffalo in one hit. Yes, they were apparently invaded by buffaloes at some point.

www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/martial_arts/muay_thai2.jpg" alt=""/>

The art is still practiced in Thailand today both as an awesome way of killing people and as a sport, complete with boxing gloves. However, padded fists don't help much when your opponent is breaking your face with his knees and elbows. And, while the story of Muay Thai fighters gluing broken glass to their hands is false, the wrappings they used before boxing gloves were about as soft as concrete and left deep cuts on the fighters. When boxing gloves were introduced, deaths in the ring were cut from "common" to "not common enough to be considered a crime against humanity."

Muay Thai in Action:

The most awesome story from Muay Thai comes from 1774 Burma, after the Burmese had taken Thailand (then called Siam). Nai Khanom Tom, a practitioner of Muay Thai was brought into the fighting ring so the king could see how it stood up against Lethwei, the Burmese martial art. Ten seconds into the opening match, his opponent resembled a pile of lumpy mashed potatoes and was likely crying like a little girl, right up until he got knocked the hell out by a flying knee.

www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/martial_arts/muay_thai3.jpg" alt=""/>

However, the judge ruled that his pre-fight dance had "distracted" his opponent and overturned the knockout. Being the gentleman he was, Tom fought another nine Lethwei masters in a row with no rest until everybody stupid enough to step into the ring with him was quivering in a pool of blood, urine, and shame.

In response to this, the king of Burma openly stated that Thai people had poisonous hands. Tom was given his freedom and offered a choice of a pile of cash or two hot wives. Tom basically said that money was easy to get, but hot pieces of tail didn't fall from the sky, and off he rode into the sunrise (not sunset, as Thailand is east of Burma), banging his hot wives the whole way.

Last edited by payneNglory1 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI Empty Re: 6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Muay Thai FTW Cool

I have always wanted to do Mauy Thai i just never found the time or had enough motivation Crying or Very sad
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI Empty Re: 6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI

Post  Shanemc Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 am

love thai boxing would spend all day trainin if i could
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:25 pm

My favourite style of fighting love how aggressive it is... as red has said id do the same
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I've always been interested in taking it up. Whereas I've always found boxing very one dimensional, Muay Thai makes use of all limbs, knees etc.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands :MUAY THAI Empty Muay Thai

Post  Raiden Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 pm

I love muay thai aswel, I started it just before the start of the year.

I found it hard to start as I had no experience in a martial art of fighting style of any kind and thought to myself I'm gona look silly. But I made myself go and because gradually more and more comfortable. I'm so glad that I did and I'd urge anyone thinking about it to give it a go.

It is a lethal martial art.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:39 am