THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Paolo_73
Shanemc
Anfields5thKing
Ginginho
10 posters

MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update Empty MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update

Post  Ginginho Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 am

With regards to changes to fights and how they affect your picks, my take on it is that we are all MMA fans and especially for big events like the UFC, we all know when a fight has been changed. If plenty of notice has been given, then a fight change will count. I mainly hear about them through this website and most people have made changes to their predictions before I even know the changes have taken place so I think if you make the effort you should be rewarded, just like anything in life. What do you guys think?

I am also thinking of changing the points structure to put less of a weighting on the smaller events, considering all the changes they make and the lesser known fighters. Maybe 5 points for a win and 2 for the round and method for events like Bitetti, MFC, Xtreme Kombat League even Sengoku maybe. Let me know what you think.

Right enough about the rules, onto the update. A record low score for a UFC event this week. Congratulations to Dogbomb, who scored 15 points picking only one winner. And last years winner, payneNglory1 is off to a shocker of a start but we all know he is capable of a comeback after last years prize rounds. Worst play of a trump was Paolo_73 who used his on Sinosic - I did warn you to change it too!!

Accentuating the positive now, Once Mohawked Pete scored the highest this round with 150 and was the only person to pick a Velasquez stoppage and Lytle as sub of the night. Second equal were Anfields5thKing and hendos_right_hook with 135. Anfield and pinsman picked 8 out of the 9 winners, both picking Stevenson over Sotiropoulos to miss 100%.

George_Louis_Costanza still has his trump on the table and he can change it to another remaining fight if he wishes.

A full list of scores will be available from the Cup update that will follow.

As I mentioned before the changes to the Bitetti fight card will count so please make the necessary changes and fights 11 to 13 are now as follows:

11. Thales Leites v Yuki Sasaki
    12. Jeff Monson v Glover Teixiera
    13. Fabio Maldonaldo v Guto Inocente

These changes will also be made to the official Round 2 list.

Any questions?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 am

Pete and Payne must have swapped profiles or something! Haha!

I'm happy with 135 for the round, hopefully i can keep clear of Chesty for the remaining fights.

Dogbomb, a shocker from you. Hang your head!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Round 2 Update

Post  Shanemc Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm

11. Thales Leites v Yuki Sasaki-Leites ud
    12. Jeff Monson v Glover Teixiera-Monson ud
    13. Fabio Maldonaldo v Guto Inocente -macdonaldo tko rd 2
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Shit I had a woeful weekend!! I totally missed that Sinosic had pulled out, that's lousy work getting in the way of my armbarring!! pale

At least the shiteness of some of my calls tie in with my rep as a bit of a comedian! clown

And man alive, how on earth did Pete call the Nog stoppage AND the Lytle sub? You haven't got a saturday job with the Fertittas have you bro? Suspect

Ah well, the last 10 seconds of Wand and Bisping is enough to keep me warm at night, and "I look pretty now huh?", best MMA quote ever!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm

i called 7/9 winners but unfortunatley apart from the winners i cant pick anything else right Sad

all to play for though!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 pm

How many fights are left? Is it just those 3?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Paolo_73 wrote:Shit I had a woeful weekend!! I totally missed that Sinosic had pulled out, that's lousy work getting in the way of my armbarring!! pale

At least the shiteness of some of my calls tie in with my rep as a bit of a comedian! clown

And man alive, how on earth did Pete call the Nog stoppage AND the Lytle sub? You haven't got a saturday job with the Fertittas have you bro? Suspect

Ah well, the last 10 seconds of Wand and Bisping is enough to keep me warm at night, and "I look pretty now huh?", best MMA quote ever!!

Yeah, had quite a good event there. Have had huge respect for Cain for a while, and have said on a few occasions that IMO, he is the future of HW in UFC. Saying that, Nog was as disappointing as Cain was impressive. Was a little upset that Wandy didn't destroy Bisping. He just looked a bit tentative all-night. I cannot believe that I'm about to say that Wandy should have been more aggressive. But if only he had leant forward with that guillotine, then we may have seen Bitchping tap.

Totally agree with the cancellation thing though.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank god for that, round 1 was abysmal for me, so that should get me back in contention.

Why the hell did I pick Stevenson...
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 pm

11. Thales Leites v Yuki Sasaki - Leites 2nd TKO
    12. Jeff Monson v Glover Teixiera - Monson 2nd TKO
    13. Fabio Maldonaldo v Guto Inocente - Inocente UD

I'm proper chuffies about my results! shame i didnt get any of the rounds and finishes right though! Crying or Very sad I can't remember who I have got in the torny will look now!!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm

SBGAZ it is and hes not mentioned in the top scorers so happy days!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    Paolo_73 wrote:Shit I had a woeful weekend!! I totally missed that Sinosic had pulled out, that's lousy work getting in the way of my armbarring!! pale

Yeah, had quite a good event there. Have had huge respect for Cain for a while, and have said on a few occasions that IMO, he is the future of HW in UFC. Saying that, Nog was as disappointing as Cain was impressive. Was a little upset that Wandy didn't destroy Bisping. He just looked a bit tentative all-night. I cannot believe that I'm about to say that Wandy should have been more aggressive. But if only he had leant forward with that guillotine, then we may have seen Bitchping tap.

Totally agree with the cancellation thing though.

Yeah he should have been more agressive agreed but he needed a win badly, Im hate to say but Bisping was looking good he is light on his toes and keeps upright and makes use of his height and range.

As a plus to Wanderlei's game he used straight punches, he had a jap like a piston that hit Bisping (in the 3rd i think) and nocked him back a few steps with it. His straight landed well to and this is punching up against a guy taller and light on the feet. His Cardio was much much better between rounds he looked allright. And he used his kicks well, near tagged Bisping with a headkick hit a bodykick that made Bisping lower his hands and hit a few leg kicks that Bisping lifted his leg and let it go limp... Lawler did the same with Manhoef, If a kick is so powerfull you dont want to check it theres power behind it! Also he holds his guard tighter, he isnt hard to hit by any means but his hands werent up at 45degrees cocked for hooks like they used to be, his defence is tighter and he bobs about more.

Akiyama is smaller than Wandy, he got banged up by Belcher badly. Wanderlei is going to have a lot easier time landing on him than he did with Bisping. I think he will stop Akiyama. Wandy is going to be much bigger and more physical. On the Groud Wandy is going to be too hard for him to hold down. Wanderlei was setting up a left kick, right overhand I think when he starts mixing punches and kicks his combos will be far more unpredictable and come from more angles. With no Gi and in the cage I dont Akiyama will have an easy time getting him down and keeping him down.

Whats peoples predictions at this stage?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Bisping wasn't good. Wandi was just poor.

If Wandi fights like that against the sexyone he will get beaten fairly badly.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Understand where you are coming from Ben, admittedly, Bisping looked a lot better than he did against Hendo, but still feel that he was there for the taking. Let's face it, Bisping was never going to KO him, was he?

With regards to Akiyama vs Wandy, agreed that if an aggressive Wandy turns up, it will be an early KO, the only thing that worries me about taking the Belcher fight at face value, is that Akiyama did have almost a year out prior to the fight, and it had been a while since he had to fight longer than 5mins, just wonder how much of that, had an effect? If I had to call it now, I'd sway towards a Wandy KO (probably first 2 rounds).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:43 am