THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Barnett staying Busy..

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Barnett staying Busy.. Empty Barnett staying Busy..

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 am

Valentines day Barnett spent Grappling at some local tournament...

At least he is keeping Busy with something other than Pro Wrestling! Im looking forward to Barnetts return, I still rate him as a top 5 heavy despite all the controversy. I hope we see him in UFC or SF soon. A fight with Arlovski or someone would be great to start him off.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Barnett staying Busy.. Empty Re: Barnett staying Busy..

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:22 pm

That's just not fair, Barnett was leagues ahead of all those guys. The guy in the second video was shitting himself.

Good to see Kimbo's brother keeping busy as well. Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

I bet they were fairly pissed off to se Barnett enter, that fairly ruined any amature hopefulls chance of winning a tournament!

Still Im glad to see BArnett looking in good shape (for Barnett) and doing some actual competitive sport...

He did look a little light though, maby he has given the roids up? He says he will fight in 2010 its all down to who offers him the best fight.

In SF I assume he would be matched up with either Lashley, Overoid or it would also be cool to see him vs Bigfoot or Arlovski (assuming he is going to SF) If he won any of those it would put him in line of a Fedor fight.

If he went to UFC, which I think is far less likely I think he would be matchep up with the winner of Gonzaga vs JDS as the others seem to be closer to a title shot. I think Mir and Gonzaga are two really good matchups stylewise with Barnett, Id love to see him fight either or rematch Randy when he isnt pissing hot.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Good to see Kimbo's brother keeping busy as well.

Laughing Laughing

That was fuckin brutal Laughing Talk about your mismatch. He was probably going at 20 % the second guy tried to go the Leities way of fighting.

I do want to see Barnett fight again, anywhere really, he is at his best right now so its a shame to see a talented fighter pissing his career away (litterly!) I'd like to see him at Strikeforce to give Fedor more competition but I seriously doubt it. He can fight anywhere but California which is SF's main venue so im not sure. Werdum vs Barnett would be outstanding.

I would like to see him in the UFC because there are loads of intresting matches there for him but its unlikely as well. First match for him would be something like Nelson vs Struve, not a top fighter but still a very good one to help him ease his way back into things after a long layoff.

Ive said before Id love to see him in Japan again but he isn't on good terms with Dream so unlikely. If they got guys like Arvloski, Overoid, Timmeh and on a part time basis Fedor, they could create a more than solid division.

Right now Barnett can be ranked anywhere from 2-6 based on ability. Fedor is first, thats a given and then he has Lesner, Mir, Velasquez, Nog who are on his level, possibly Werdum as well. I think he would be 3rd/4th, Fedor would beat him I think and I think Lesnar would as well. The others are all close fights that could go either way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:05 am