THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Sky Sports and the UFC?

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sky Sports and the UFC? Empty Sky Sports and the UFC?

Post  pinsman Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:15 am

I was wondering how long it would be until Sky Sports would be interested in a UFC deal? I take it ESPN have a lucrative deal at the moment, but surely the viewing figures are looking pritty good in the country by now and that means Sky Sports get interested?

I'm suprised that the TV firm haven't tried getting other fighting corps to show there shows on SS, and maybe generate some competition...

Strikeforce show earlier fight cards on EX channel most nights, and Eurosport used to do a K1 show...

does anyone know the viewing figures in this country for your average UFC event??

I just think as the sport becomes more and more popular, sure it should become more accessable??
    KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Sky Sports and the UFC? Empty Re: Sky Sports and the UFC?

Post  KJGould Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 pm

The heads at Sky Sports are idiots. Setanta were doing good numbers too, but Sky Sports didn't want to pay UFC as much as Setanta, and wouldn't guarantee picking up ALL of the live events. They probably think it's another WWE and don't 'get it'.

Instead they picked up the rights to Ultimate Challenge run by the hyper slaphead from Cage Rage.

As I said, Sky Sports are morons.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm

ESPN is more accessable that Sky Sports.

you can only get SS through SKY.

ESPN is available through SKY, Virgin Media, BT Vision, top up TV, talk-talk TV.

granted more people have SKY sports but ESPN is a major player in sports TV, and they have a great deal both ways with the UFC.

anyway i hope it stays on ESPN, sky would just put it on PPV the bastards.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:55 pm

Cool cheers for the replys guys. I think the ESPN coverage is cool and seems to improve everytime they air an event so happy days.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 am