THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters Empty Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 pm

http://www.viddler.com/explore/mightygloves/videos/110/

Kit Cope doesn't look to bad but the rest looked awful.
    Absolutely zero fluidity to there movements,robotic,uncordinated,weak punching power and sloppy footwork and stance for boxing.

Though to be fair,you need a much wider flatter stance so you are lower to the ground in MMA to protect from the shoot or to shoot yourself and the shoulder roll and tucking your elbows that close into your body isn't really practicle,it could be suicide in MMA,the last thing you need is to be taken down with your arm trapped so close to your body.
    But still the MMA world can still learn so much from great boxing trainers like Roger,Snr and Roach.

Apart from a handfull of MMA fighters they are all C ranked punchers at best but they are all improving fast.
    At the moment it seems all wrestlers,BJJ,well all ground fighters are really working on their boxing skills,and know they need to,to be successful but alot of these boxers seem to have the arrogance to think they don't need to work on anything else and could walk into MMA and be a success.

I've never understood the Ill feeling towards MMA from boxing fans,When I've found that nearly all MMA fans love boxing.

MMA fighters lose in a boxing match against a boxer.
    Boxers lose in a MMA match against a MMA fighter.

we all know this so why is it so hard for some of these Boxing fans to realise it

I can't wait untill a high level boxer gets schooled in a MMA fight,not because I want MMA to one up boxing but because I hope it would do alot to gain more respect from boxing fans and put an end to these pointless arguments between the two sports.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters Empty Re: Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Thats cool, all MMA fighters could do with Propper boxing training. When I was training I could tell you who had boxed and who hadnt, even if they had kickboxed etc.. you can pick out a figher who has boxed easily when you spar with them.

In an MMA gym its ok to have a String coach etc.. but theres no subsitute for a boxing coach, It was cool to see him at Wanderleis Gym. Id love Wanderlei to improve his Boxing himself. Hitting pads Wandy looks great with his Boxing technique but it all seems to go out the window when he fights!

I wonder if he does enough sparring these days?

I think Boxing fans will have more respect for MMA fighters if someone mauls a top Boxer on the feet, even if its with a Thai Clintch ok Kicks, Boxing fans dont like Groundgame full stop but I think a boxer or boxing fans would change their mind to see an MMA fighter maul a boxer on the feet.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters Empty Re: Roger Mayweather training MMA fighters

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Kit Cope doesn't look to bad but the rest looked awful

If Kit Cope was one of the better ones, they must have been pure shit. Forget C-level, more like U-Level.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:00 am

That guy on the right at 5:19 looks the epitome of good health. And a belly to beat Big Country!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:26 pm