THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Baroni vs Davis not happening?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Baroni vs Davis not happening? Empty Baroni vs Davis not happening?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:28 am

I read recently that there was talk of Baroni vs Marcus Davis happening at UFC 111. After they fought last I though the winners should fight (Saunders vs AMir) and the loosers should fight (Baroni vs Davis) Simply because they have more of less the same styles and I think they would have matched up really well.

Apparently Baroni doesnt want the fight, he wants to take some time off. Thats really disapointing, UFC gave Baroni another chance and now they are offering him a good fight against a decently high ranked opponent and he doesnt want it?

For a man that showed such heart its really disapointing he would have been going up against a guy that is happy to fight him at his own game and he isnt taking the fight?

I its a bad carrer move for Baroni, he isnt getting any younger and if he really turned down an offer of this fight the UFC bosses cant be too happy with him

(I half expect to see him on the next cut list)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Baroni vs Davis not happening? Empty Re: Baroni vs Davis not happening?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:34 am

“I can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results. I was talking to Dennis Hallman; he told me his last fight, it was the best cardio he’s ever had, because he only had to cut three pounds. I’m probably one of the biggest weight cutters at 170. I cut more weight than Anthony Johnson in my last fight. Cutting weight has taken away my endurance.”

“I haven’t had fun training in a long time. A lot of people were asking me, ‘how does it feel to be back in the UFC?’ I was like, no different. Just like any other fight. At this point in my life, it’s just become my job. That’s the problem. It’s like punching the time clock to go train. It’s not fun at all. It hasn’t been fun at all. It’s just been miserable. I’ve just got to find fun and be happy. Not to just feel like I have to go train….(expletive) that.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a shame to hear. Baroni is a bit of a bullshitter though, I very much doubt he wasa cutting from over 220lbs, If he was he the biggest weight cutter in MMA (Lesnar Included!!) Lesnar cuts 45lbs at most, Baroni would be cutting over 50lbs at least... If the cut drains him then ask for a fight at MW, Sexyama doesnt have an opponent and is Baronis size at most.

Not a very likeable attitude or not very greatfullk to UFC. They are the premier league of MMA and he was fired from a 1st devision team in comparision! Anyone else think Baroni is done all togeather?
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:41 pm

yeah Baroni's not relevant at all nowadays, he's looked like a bit of a caricature ever since Frank made a fool out of him in Strikeforce.

Shame he didn't want the Davis fight though, that had the potential to be a good scrap.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Baroni is one of those fighters that you know is going to lose to 90% of any UFC fighters at his weight but he still puts on an exciting fight while doing it.

If he has no injuries then he should fight who he is told to fight,afterall he is a bottom of the ladder fighter in todays MMA and has done nothing to get a say in which UFC fighter he faces next.
    He's lucky he has been given this last chance.
    This is not boxing were you can aviod the fighters you choose,this is the UFC,a company that has been keeping fans happy by always making competative,exciting fights against fighters who are of a similar level.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:30 pm

I've never really rated Baroni too highly, however I agree that he is always good to watch. This could have been a good matchup for him, shame.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Baroni is a chump.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:09 pm