THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
MMA
ChelseaQuinsfan
Shanemc
Paolo_73
Once Mohawked Pete
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
12 posters

BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !! Empty BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !!

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:33 pm

BJ Penn’s camp has once again accused welterweight champion Georges St.Pierre of cheating at UFC 94. But this time instead of pussy footing around, BJ Penn’s trainer Rudy Valentino is accusing St.Pierre of steroid use.

In a interview on SI.com’s “Gross Point Blank” Podcast Rudy Valentino spoke about why Penn was so frustrated by losing to St.Pierre at UFC 94. FiveOuncesofPain.com quoted Valentino who spoke about how he was warned of St.Pierre’s steroid use from previous training partners.
    stpierre-training-1“I think it’s because of his so-called steroid use, and all of that, that B.J. felt it was an unfair fight. Just the whole thing about not being fair, and fighting fair, you know. That’s what B.J. wants to get off of his back; The greasing stuff, the steroids, and all of that.
    “We heard from certain people that used to train with him, telling us what he did in the past. That’s why, we had a heads up on that. When you cycle steroids, you’re not going to to test positive. You can cycle it right up to the time of the fight and not test positive on that. That’s what we suspected he did in this fight.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/21/b-j-penns-coach-suspects-georges-st-pierre-of-steroid-use/

Thoughts?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !! Empty Re: BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Bitter? Envious? Laughing

GSP is an unbelievable athlete, I dont think he is juicingm he doesnt seem the type and he isnt rediculously heavily muscled, just in really really great shape. GSP is about as physical as Lesnar p4p! He is just another physical freak in terms of athleticness. He isnt far more skillfull than BJ but his Size and Athleticness mean he will win 9/10 times I reckon
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !! Empty Re: BJ's Trainer accuses GSP of Juicing on radio show !!

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:52 pm

I dont know what to make of this, we always say that alot more fighters are juicing and are just cycling them off in between fights, and apperantly there is backstage rumours that GSP juices aswell??

I hope it isnt true, but i think this is really poor taste of accusing GSP of juicing in the media based on rumours.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

impossible to say whether or not it is true, but i guess he is just as suspect as any other fighter (bar overeem).
    Just because he seems like a nice guy doesnt mean he isnt a cheater.

but innocent until proven guilty in my book.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:09 pm

I think that Valentino should be forced to provide evidence. If I was GSP, I'd be talking to my solicitors now. It's all very well trying to bring drug cheats to justice, but this all just sounds like a bad case of sour grapes. There is no evidence at all (from what I can see), GSP totally owned BJ and whilst I can understand that it's hard for a fighter to accept that, BJ and his camp, have just come across as bitches from the word go. I have lost pretty much all respect I ever held for BJ. Pity that Diego wasn't up to the job, I would pay good money to see BJ get owned at LW (as unlikely as that seems).
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 pm

BJ and his camp just need to get back in their prams now, this is taking it a step too far...

From big brothers throwing in the towel, to mothers testifying in court, and now this. BJ should never have said all that 'to the death' carp before the fight, then he could have held his head up after losing and been honest about GSP being too explosive and too strong for him, and then gone back to 155 and kicked ass. Since he ran his mouth and then got humiliated however, now he has to go on an excuse parade.

GSP could give a damn I'm sure, so it's only hurting Penn in the long run, but it's a low blow and an old bitter tactic used against dominant champions in every sport, but the most disappointing thing is that BJ is a great champion in his own right and he and his camp should know better.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:29 pm

bj and his team aint ever gonna give up on this shit why would you accuse somebody of something with no evidence idiots
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:35 pm

This is fucking ridiculous, it takes a real shit person to go out and accuse another competitor about roids out in public. Very shit. If he isn't careful he will get sued, GSP does all his tests. Its really annoying when you work so hard to get where you are and people still accuse you of cheating. Tets are there for a reason and if your roiding your going to get caught sooner rather than later. BJ has let GSP make a bitch out of him once more and he is just fucking himself over with this. Ye Goldberg, BJ is one of the classiest fighters in the UFC Evil or Very Mad Since when does being atheltic mean you take roids.

Dat BJ, he err, He cross Da Line.
    MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  MMA Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Its just fucking unbelieveable! GSP is my favourite fighter, If it wasnt for my Missus my little boy would be called Georges Lol!

How would BJ feel if someone from his division started mouthing shite about him like that? The guy would go beserk!

I managed to get past the greasing incident but this has made me lose a lot of respect for BJ!

I hope that BJ & GSP fight again so that GSP can kick a hole in his face!!!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm

it was definatley out of line but may well be true.
    MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  MMA Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:11 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:it was definatley out of line but may well be true.

Im not doubting that, however until he fails a test then as far as we know its a lie.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Steroid usage doesn't just make you muscular though Ben. It can be used in many ways.

The improvement in GSP's game since Serra tattooed his chin has been incredible. He's a different fighter. Far stronger, far more powerful and far more stamina. Levels above what he was before the Serra fight. It is easy to question how he improved so much in such a short period of time.

That being said, i would put his improvement down to hard work until i see proof of anything else.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Maybe their trying to build up a rematch?? Thats all BJ seems to want at the moment, and I'd like to see him squirm again if im hounist, GSP is a guy thats trains his ass off and thats why he looks and performs like he does.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 pm

"The improvement in GSP's game since Serra tattooed his chin has been incredible. He's a different fighter. Far stronger, far more powerful and far more stamina. Levels above what he was before the Serra fight. It is easy to question how he improved so much in such a short period of time"

Not really he was the same before, his destruction of Hughes is reminiscant of that. He beat Penn, destoryed Sherk, outclassed Mayhem and Trigg, destoryed Hieron and easily beat Parysian. He just got better and better as he went along, it wasn't a sudden boost in performance, it was a gradul proggress. He just had a really shit night against Serra.

I hope BJ gets sued.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:44 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I hope BJ gets sued.

I hope not, I wouldn't want to see a quality fighter inactive whilst everything gets hammered out in court. Besides it was his coach that made the claim.

Just give GSP another chance to batter him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:"The improvement in GSP's game since Serra tattooed his chin has been incredible. He's a different fighter. Far stronger, far more powerful and far more stamina. Levels above what he was before the Serra fight. It is easy to question how he improved so much in such a short period of time"

Not really he was the same before, his destruction of Hughes is reminiscant of that. He beat Penn, destoryed Sherk, outclassed Mayhem and Trigg, destoryed Hieron and easily beat Parysian. He just got better and better as he went along, it wasn't a sudden boost in performance, it was a gradul proggress. He just had a really shit night against Serra.

I hope BJ gets sued.

He win against Hughes the first time around wasn't close to the battering he gave him the second time. Sherk is a LW that most top WW beat. Trigg is crap, Hieron isn't great. And he didn't easily beat Parisyan. It was a close fight. BJ gave him a beating the first time round. He humped his way to a disputed decision.

He's twice the fighter he was before Serra knocked him out.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Now this is hilarious.

"He win against Hughes the first time around wasn't close to the battering he gave him the second time. Sherk is a LW that most top WW beat. Trigg is crap, Hieron isn't great. And he didn't easily beat Parisyan. It was a close fight. BJ gave him a beating the first time round. He humped his way to a disputed decision"

Actually it probably was, third time he just outclassed him but in the second fight he just kicked him all over the place and finished him with strikes. Same quality performance. Sherk gets beat my most top WW? Are you serious? He has only been beaten 4 times in his whole career and TWICE by WWs and they are the two greastest WWs of all time. When he fought GSP he had only been beaten once by UD against Hughes, he beat Parysian twice and Radach a MW among many others. After GSP became the first man to finish him he defeated Nick Diaz who I think is more than a decent WW.

When GSP fought Trigg, only Hughes and Mach defeated him, the way he did was very impressive. Hieron is a decent fighter and GSP ran through him. Parysian is a tough fighter and yes it was pretty close but GSP clearly won. There was nothing disputed about GSP vs BJ, GSP clearly won 29-28. He didn't Dryhump at all, he was working the whole time but his BJJ wasn't that good back then so BJ kept him under control.

GSP is twice the fighter now buts its been a steady rise, not a sudden one.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:09 am

I'll take the names of ANY decent WW that Sherk has beaten other than Nick Diaz who gave him a beating and got screwed. Karo Parisyan was 18 when they fought! Comical to use that to claim he was great when he fought GSP.

Hughes vs GSP 2 was no1 near the one sided beatdown that the 3rd fight was.

Trigg is and was crap.

Hieron is the same

The Karo-GSP fight was far from a clear victory and most people were calling for a rematch.

And BJ battered him in the first round. GSP was humping for dear life. Terrified to stand up with him. Hugely controversial decision at the time. Most people watching it called it for BJ.

Huge and sudden improvement after the Serra fight. Benefit of the doubt. I think it is from hard work. He trains far harder and far longer now than he did before the Serra fight but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a little help.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:32 am

I'll take the names of ANY decent WW that Sherk has beaten other than Nick Diaz who gave him a beating and got screwed. Karo Parisyan was 18 when they fought! Comical to use that to claim he was great when he fought GSP.

Trigg is and was crap.

Hieron is the same

The Karo-GSP fight was far from a clear victory and most people were calling for a rematch.

And BJ battered him in the first round. GSP was humping for dear life. Terrified to stand up with him. Hugely controversial decision at the time. Most people watching it called it for BJ.

Huge and sudden improvement after the Serra fight. Benefit of the doubt. I think it is from hard work. He trains far harder and far longer now than he did before the Serra fight but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a little help.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trigg and Hieron are decent fighters and GSP battered them when he was just 23.

Hughes 2 and Hughes 3 were the same, GSP just finished Hughes quicker in the third

Sherk has always been a fanatstic fighter, a little undersized but he has only lost 4 times, 3 of those loses were to GSP, Hughes and BJ Penn. He didn't just beat him, he beat him the quickest of all the fighters that have beaten Sherk.

Karo vs GSP was comfortable 29-28 and 30-27 twice. Not sure why people were asking for rematches.

BJ won the first, GSP easily won the last two, The people who thought BJ were drunks in the crowd.

Not huge, steady improvement.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I'll take the names of ANY decent WW that Sherk has beaten other than Nick Diaz who gave him a beating and got screwed. Karo Parisyan was 18 when they fought! Comical to use that to claim he was great when he fought GSP.

Trigg is and was crap.

Hieron is the same

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trigg and Hieron are decent fighters and GSP battered them when he was just 23.

Hughes 2 and Hughes 3 were the same, GSP just finished Hughes quicker in the third

Sherk has always been a fanatstic fighter, a little undersized but he has only lost 4 times, 3 of those loses were to GSP, Hughes and BJ Penn. He didn't just beat him, he beat him the quickest of all the fighters that have beaten Sherk.

Karo vs GSP was comfortable 29-28 and 30-27 twice. Not sure why people were asking for rematches.

BJ won the first, GSP easily won the last two, The people who thought BJ were drunks in the crowd.

Not huge, steady improvement.

Trigg and Hieron are crap.

First fight was far more even than the second.

First and 3rd rounds were disputed. A lot of people though Karo should have gotten a draw.

No, most of the MMA press thought BJ won the fight. Split decision where most people watching gave the fight to BJ. Very few thought GSP deserved the win. GSP looked like he'd gone 3 rounds with Mike Tyson after the fight. BJ had not a single mark.

Huge and sudden. In a year he went from being a great fighter with weaknesses to be one of the best ever.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:55 am

Trigg isn't crap, he has plenty of wins over top figthers like Mayhem, Misaki, Vitalie, and Hallman twice. Hieron is average but im suprised your dissing one of Strikeforce's top WWs.

Not really, GSP kicked him around everywhere in Hughes vs GSP II. Also consider Hughes was better in there second fight than third.

Im not sure who a lot of people are but GSP won, Ive watched it several times and I had it 29-28 GSP. Not sure where a draw comes from.

BJ didn't win the fight, first of all GSP's vision was damaged by a terrible eye poke. By Mistake no doubt but that affected him big time. GSP easily won round 2 and stole round with the takedown in the last 30 seconds. GSP won that fight.

Steady and sudden, he had won a title before Serra and had beaten a top P4P fighter. Going into the Serra fight everyone was expecting GSP to rape Serra and become one of the best ever. He didn't do so till much later on but everyone knew GSP was going to be a star.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:59 am

i think that it is safe to say that GSP's most dramatic improvement has come in the aftermath of the Serra loss, just compare the 2 Serra fights and the 2 BJ Penn fights and its obvious.

Of course that could be put down to lots of reasons, getting beaten refocused him for one thing.

another thing that Anfield touched on that its important to note here; Steroids dont just help you build muscles and lose fat; they make you able to train harder for longer, they can make you faster, and they can make you stronger AND they can enable you to recover from injuries faster!

so the lack of significant change in gsp's appearance doesnt mean he hasnt taken 'roids, but i am not saying he has taken them, only that the suggestion that he has taken them is not unreasonable. Twisted Evil

as for Sherk, he is a great fighter but styles made him an easy victim for GSP and Hughes.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 am

No one doubt that he got better after the Serra fight but it was still gradual.

After the Serra loss he beat Kos 29-28. Then he beat Hughes with ease. Then he did to Serra what he should have done the first time. From then on he improved with every fight.

Personally I don't think he has taken roids, his body looks the same now as when he first started.

Hughes took Sherk to a UD. GSP finished him quickly.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:42 pm

Given that GSP hasnt fought for some time and si reportedly now walking round at 195lb, its fair to say he has probably done a cycle guys.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:48 pm

GSP walks around at 190 he said that ages ago, if he wasnt fought in a while and has put on 5lbs I wounldt jump the gun and accuse him of Juicing! Ive not trained in a while and Ive put on more than 5lbs alright! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:11 am