THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Shanemc
MMA
6 posters

Strikeforce in April

MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Strikeforce in April Empty Strikeforce in April

Post  MMA Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:45 pm

It looks like Dan Henderson is more than likely going to fight Jake Sheilds and Overeem has called out Fedor so that fight is in the Frame. Would be a good card!

Also doesnt Mousasi only fight on M-1 Co-promotion cards so hopefully hell be there aswell. (Wishful thinking)

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10262&zoneid=4
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Strikeforce in April Empty Re: Strikeforce in April

Post  Shanemc Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:52 pm

this is going to be a great card if Fedor is on it im sure Mousasi will too i wonder who he will fight though?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:55 pm

King Mo (5-0) fights Mike Whitehead (won 15 of his last 16) on saturday so as long as Hendo is fighting at 185 then i can see the winner of that fight getting a shot if they look good.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 pm

yeah i thought that but isnt King Mo fighting at HW anyway that is defnetly a fight i would love to see
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Over-roid vs Fedor
    Shields vs Henderson
    King Mo vs Mousasi

Card of the year if it goes as planned.
    MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  MMA Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Over-roid vs Fedor
    Shields vs Henderson
    King Mo vs Mousasi

I hope this goes ahead any predictions?

Ive got Fedor, Hendo & Mousasi to win!

How do UFC compete with that Card then?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah that card makes sence, Arona was supposed to fight Mousasi but he is out injured till september! Ive heard Fedor vs Overoid and Hendo vs Shields (they are on the rumours section of the MMA calendar) Fedor to beat Overoid in a round, Hendo to KO shields in a round... Mo vs Mousasi will be closer but Ive gotta back Mousasi if it happens.

Shane Mo and Whitehead are both Lhws they must have a gentelmans agreement to not bother their arses cutting any weight! Laughing Like Belchers last fight! I think 2 guys just feel lazy and agree to fight at a higher weight for no other reason than weight cutting is a pain in the hole!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Over-roid vs Fedor
    Shields vs Henderson
    King Mo vs Mousasi

Card of the year if it goes as planned.

Seriously? It sounds like 3 one sided beatings if it goes as planned. Mo vs Mousasi has potentiol to be fun but two things, firstly it could be over very quickly if Mo lands one on him or Mo will be too inexperienced and Mousasi will just kick his ass.

Fedor vs Over-roid should be done in a round.

Shields vs Hendo will either be Hendo KOing the fuck out of Shields (likely) or Shields somehow getting a takedown and just dryhumping Hendo. Thats not a diss on Shields but I think Hendo's sub defence is good enough to avoid Shields offence and if Mayhem can avoid it for 25 minutes im pretty confident that Hendo can. Not a diss on Mayhem either but Hendo has been in with a lot of great grapplers.

This card still needs a lot more before its card of the year.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Unquestionably the card of the year if it goes ahead. Over-Roid poses more questions of Fedor than anyone else at the moment. He could control that fight with his stand-up and size advantage.

Mousasi is still young and learning, King Mo looks to be a great talent. I've head that Filho is being considered for Mousasi though. That would be a bigger fight.

Hendo vs Shields will be a grappling clinic or a 20 second KO. Still a huge fight and bigger than anything the UFC have lined up at MW.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Unquestionably the card of the year if it goes ahead. Over-Roid poses more questions of Fedor than anyone else at the moment. He could control that fight with his stand-up and size advantage.

Mousasi is still young and learning, King Mo looks to be a great talent. I've head that Filho is being considered for Mousasi though. That would be a bigger fight.

Hendo vs Shields will be a grappling clinic or a 20 second KO. Still a huge fight and bigger than anything the UFC have lined up at MW.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over-roid will have to be clean if he fights so that means his size advanatge won't be that big. Easy victory for Fedor, Fedor is quicker and hits alot harder standing up. Overeem could get a lucky shot in but thats it.

Mousasi is already a top 6 maybe top 5 LHW. Him vs Filhio would be a better fight for two reasons. There seems to be some bad blood between the two with Mousasi claming that Filhio has been roiding and Filhio having none of it. Secondly Filhio would give Mousasi a very good fight, especially on the ground. I like King Mo, he has the talent and the charisma and I would hate for him to lose momentum going up against such a tough opponent. Way too soon for him.

Hendo vs Shields will be a quick KO or Shields dry-humping Hendo. A Silva vs Belfort is a MUCH better and more excting fight. 20-second KO or striking classic.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 am

A.Silva vs Belfort isn't happening though.

Nate vs Sonnen is the biggest fight the UFC has coming up in the MW division.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:54 am

Ye but Hendo vs Shields is in April. Belfort vs Silva will probably happen around that time, its rumoured for UFC 112 which is in April.

Nate vs Sonnen will hopefully consist of Nate KOing Sonnen in the first 10 seconds before he does his dryhumping routine.

They might not be established fighters yet but I think Reljic vs CB Dollaway has the potentiol to be a very good fight. Two young up and comers with a lot of potentiol and very different styles. Also looking forward to Wandy vs Bisping, who doesn't like watching Bisping get the shit kicked out of him?

Also really hope Jacare vs Mayhem III happens just because they really don't like each other. Id love to see Jacare beat Matt "The dryhump godfather" Lindland and Mayhem to come out for some trash talking. Le vs Smith is one to look forward to as well as is Maia vs Miller.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:14 am

Strikeforce is and has been putting on the best cards and most exciting fights for a while now. WEC is number 2. UFC needs to get it's act together. It's the biggest but i'm not sure it's the best in terms of the cards they're putting on.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:02 am

In fairness the UFC have a had a lot of injuries to key fighters. Plus SF have like 5 cards a year, the UFC have more than 20 when you include FNs and Finale's. Still there card have been pretty good I think, 100 was really good, 101 was pretty good, 102 was very good, 103 was a very exciting card with a lot of KOs, 104 wasn't bad. 105 and 106 weren't too good because 105 was is England so it was basically second rate fighters and 106 suffered from injuries.

107 was a pretty fun card, 108 is cursed so I don't know whats happening there. Its not a very strong card at all but there are some potentiolly exciting fights. The best fights don't always have to consist of the best fighters. I think Stout vs Lauzon has a lot of potentiol.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:50 am

100 was average other than Hendo leaving Bitchping laid out IMO. 101 and 102 were ok but overall nothing special.

Strikeforce go for quality over quantity. And that's what i like to see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:56 pm