THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
8 posters

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 Empty MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6

Post  Ginginho Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:40 am

I am pleased to announce the prizes for the winner of the combined scores for rounds 5 and 6. As it is Christmas time and I am feeling generous, there will also be a prize for the runner up.

I also have to give credit to my new friends at Fight Unite NZ, who have gone out of their way to help me out supplying prizes at a reasonable price. MMA in NZ is still very small time so it great to be able to support and in return receive help from a company like this.

Right on to what you are playing for.....

The first fight you were asked to predict when I started the league became one of the most controversial, and indeed one of the most discussed fights in the Armbar's short history.

To pay homage to the start of the league and that fight in particular, first prize will be a Mauricio "Shogun" Rua UFC 104 long sleeve walk in shirt (size M or L, I can't remember what size I ordered). I wish I knew how to post pictures but it is the white Bad Boy one with yellow and green logo. If someone could post a picture of Shogun at UFC 104 so you know what I am talking about, that would be great.

The two fighters in that fight are renown strikers so it is fitting the prize for the runner up is a copy of one worn by a grappling champion. Second prize is a Fabricio Werdum Kimurawear ADCC 2009 walk in t shirt. As I am sure you know, Werdum defended his 99+ kg title this year at ADCC. Again, I don't know how to do pictures, but it is a white t shirt with red sponsors writing. If someone can find a picture, I will confirm that it is the correct shirt.

It is difficult to find prizes to cater to all tastes and sizes but I hope these will suffice and encourage some healthy competition banter.

I spend a lot of time on this league but I don't really mind as it is very educational and I feel like I am paying you guys back for what I learn from you.

The prizes come out of my own pocket and being in NZ makes it quite expensive, especially postage. No-one asked me to supply prizes but, to me anyway, it adds a more competitive feel to the league.

To help me out and so I can get a good stash of goodies for future prizes, I am asking for a small donation. This is purely voluntary I must add, but it would be much appreciated. If you do want to donate, please send a small note of your local currency or money order to the following address:

Ginginho
    c/- Accounts Department
    PO Box 4199
    Auckland
    New Zealand

Thanks in advance to anyone who does choose to donate.

I hope you are still enjoying the league and I hope to continue it for as long as you guys are wanting to play it.

The new table and current front runners for the prizes will be out following the events on the 19th of December.

Have fun!!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:18 pm

is this them Ging?

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 Machidashogunruawebufc104

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 Werdum-walkout-tee

if so, nice.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6

Post  Ginginho Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Those are the ones chesty - thanks for that
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Set up a paypal account ginginho! it's the best thing to do. I'll donate to you either way but paypal is just easier and quicker.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Nice one, Ill throw a few quid in as well!
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 pm

yup, paypal would make life way easier, let us know if u can, if not i will go the other route
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:54 pm

It's really cool to see the armbar becoming a proper community. I reckon we'll be here for a long time!
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Guys you warm the cockles of my heart! The armbar was set up to facilitate the hard core mma fans I came to know and love (ish) from the 606 forum. Little did I know it swould become the thriving mma community it has evolved into today. I want to thank everyone who has ever contributed to the armbar and I hope it continues to grow from strength to strength!

Long live the armbar! I have been trying to involve the British mma community and have also been looking into sponsorship. If more people join we can turn this into an Internet mma force. Rest assured I'm not doing this to make money but if we get the support we need I intend to buy a web dain and have the armbar here to stay!

Tell everyone you know and let's grow this already great community!

Go forth my mma brothers and multiply!

P.S can you tell I'm a little drunk?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Paddyjock wrote:P.S can you tell I'm a little drunk?

Laughing

Yes.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 pm

you are irish so i just assume.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:07 pm

This really has become a great forum, but there does need to be more other people posting, it just seems it the same minority of people doing the posting. There is like 90 registered members here, and probably half of them have never posted a single post.

And there is always a few guest i see online all the time, you guys should post even if you are new to the sport.

Just had a look at the memberlist and the one and only Kimboslice is a member of the armbar Cool What up YO?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Paddy i think you should set up a paypal as well mate, because if we keep getting bigger and better and move to our own domain then there'll be operating costs and you can't be expected to pay those by yourself. Maybe we should start a fund for the future or something!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

how would you go about getting your own website not just a subforum on forumotion.com?

this website http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ for example says that

"www.thearmbar.co.uk"

would cost £5.98 for 2 years.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 am

I'll check that out chesty. In a taxi home!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:22 am

Sorry got it wrong replying to chestys pics - this is the Werdum ADCC shirt

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 113274291_full

And this is the Rua UFC 104 one....

MMA Predictions League - Prizes for Rounds 5 and 6 112940837_full
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Sorry they won't let me set up a PayPal account cos I don't have a credit card. Don't trust myself with one!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil drunken cheers drunken

I tried to think of a better way than post but couldn't considering my fear of available credit.

But thanks for the offers, I really appreciate it and any donations will help to make sure I can offer some more quality prizes in the future.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:45 pm

If you have a debit bank card you can set one up too.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

Got the Werdum t-shirt, cheers Ginginho.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:53 pm