THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
7 posters

Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE Empty Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem is set to get straight back on the horse following his first round K-1 World Grand Prix knockout by Badar Hari this past weekend with news emerging that he’ll take on Kazuyuki Fujita at Dynamite 2009!! on New Year’s Eve.

The news comes via MixedMartialArts.com, revealing that the fight has been signed and will likely be announced in the coming days.

Overeem last saw MMA action in October, tapping out both Tony Sylvester and James Thompson just eight days apart with a standing guillotine choke.

As for Fujita, he will probably be best remembered for having WAMMA heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko rocked during their clash in 2003. He has lost both of his last two fights in Sengoku to relative unknowns

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003736.html
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE Empty Re: Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Fujita's last two losses were a split against Ivanov, the man who beat Fedor in Sambo and Wiuff who is a very experienced fighter with some good wins on his record. Decent fighters.

Hope Ol Ironhead KTFO of Overoid, that il teach him to cheat. Doubt it though, Overoid should be able to sub him easily.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE Empty Re: Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 pm

dunno about the easy submission for Overeem, Fujita was subbed by Fedor and Monson but those are 2 of the best grapplers in the world.
    Fujita is very experienced and i dont htink overeem will be able to sub him unless he is gassed.

Overeem is obviously a huge favourite here, but consider this:

who has the punch power to ko whom?

come on Ironhead!!

put him to shame with your awesome fashion sense!

Overroid- Fujta set for Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE 20091027124533_kazufujita
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

I guess Timmeh chickened out then. Surprised

Its funny, i remember reading before Fedor-Rogers fight that Strikeforce said Overeem will fight nxt for strikeforce as soon as he is done with K-1 GP now that he was over his "hand injury", and i can remember shaking my head and smiling, thinking who where they trying to convince them or us?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Overoid is an excellent grappler himself, he has 19 subs by wins and that includeds Igor, Belfort, Buentello and Zentsov. I think Overeem will struggle standing against Ol Ironhead, who has some crazy power. One shot from him and that could be it. Techichally Overeem is obviously superior but its very possible Fujita has more power. Overeem is best equpied to go for a sub. Im supporting Fujita in this fight though, Ive always liked him for some reason.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm

hoping for Fujita win here but cant see it happening i see overeem rocking him on the feet and getting a takedown then finishing it with a sub late in the first
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Gotta agree Shane, Overeem is a top level striker, Ironhead looked fairly un impressive against Ivanov. They are on a completley different level as strikers despite Overeem not having a head forged from Iron! I think Otereem completley overwhelms him on the feet and either a Guilitine on the feet from a clintch or a Trip close in and a finish on the ground. I cant see an upset here. Im a really big Ironhead fan and It would be cool to see him get such a high level win but I cant see it. I think his best days are well behind him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Ironhead needs to take him down, then let him up. Then take him down, then let him up. Steroid built muscles get tired easily.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:14 pm

I love fujita! He is like the Jake Lamotta of MMA! Hope he takes this one I like overeem but there's only so much record padding you can get away with

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:10 pm