THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
efils_god
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
TomHughes1983
pinsman
Sly Uses
rudeboyben84
the_king
manschesthair_utd
16 posters

The Dynamite!! 2010 thread

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Empty The Dynamite!! 2010 thread

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:48 pm

so what fights would you like to see this NYE>? Smile

the rumoured participants so far:

DREAM lightweight champion Shinya Aoki
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqxPM3t4k-fGculnUFOlFkcST23ndpzMnjZGoOcHLvniQyXZw&t=1&usg=__Tg02wkw_Yayvfdy2tVdxJE-d5aA=

Tatsuya Kawajiri
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnH9_EHF9E_abQX2vNyORVwhWSSBi-h8EzUIv5r-Ky7oEbhDY&t=1&usg=__Z3vTMsrPle-UPxQQiJ6iQmkzp9c=

Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp0rrv2ypn7a_560GQp3s5eGg1Kb_nkmSWy2T1HD0a8MpqgUQ&t=1&usg=__us_k5-V5D2H5B2HeFIM0A8H3ip0=

DREAM light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJq3v_Sb8bYrYiNtuVAkLVOgRSSTZc3oz3tZL82q_n-DkwrQo&t=1&usg=__45cC9DtB7MBSwUqEXrFzEKvDVmo=

Jerome LeBanner
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFpI2_ITOiaY2ZNuIcIsOu_SYAPjvn5ep06p4nV5aqZ62g6BRNmQ

Melvin Manhoef
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQksGE8Ek9G7daWucHT3ducucsYRWPYilo3nRU9GtDqDOMmBFE&t=1&usg=__IMwmjOS5e-_L6RcsUocAAnWEN5M=

Satoru Kitaoka
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8JJlCU9YDKu-yuwKOvOf1_lWC9T0mvqci3vVxCE20_jMRyMc&t=1&usg=__qfatc77jFNA6H0akXADqtnS2sso=

Olympic +90kgs Judo champion Satoshi Ishii
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYhX5XdsZvIVzQUWNqLIL6lU8x_sAPFJUfxchn-LnSw69CKOU&t=1&usg=__le-xFBtlAO-R95PZRmgWe6yRKeE=

Super Hluk champion Minowaman
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBfTQl9eKfWljNVuYeep9GN9axu39v_zRfw82PIpCW9Hq4HmA&t=1&usg=__mKq6ca09q5mZlnJI89GPFQyKM0I=

Kazushi Sakuraba
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEeFUy4Kp40RC_WU-A9VBAKf9aAIN_DJoOrprS_TZVZVH9Yts&t=1&usg=__3W3ssALULgGW08CDwAokjakcIJk=

Asashoryu
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhN2xrFLdcKl7-rxclFQNcZMZXhn98srfcb-W7Gjl2wQI3wLM&t=1&usg=__LR6fpI7IeN8OWL6lUWDfAhfxX8k=

DREAM featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBGBxNocQbFR-ZohQkhP-MQHvqmPf2nzWb9VxmiSWL0f2nY_4&t=1&usg=__2ptqgKoR2Kf_bpooiGImpgdNYQA=

Murilo Ninja Rua
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpmzFj948ThrIIdNrU8x5L2GWItf_YByVru3iRFjCFNJyGdoE&t=1&usg=__TielJpi8U86Q37TP7pFT7TiMIgs=

Hiroyuki Takaya
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9AG4rlSq0p5sZffF53qNC8I62HQB4f-ZRNDPteOJCMuSjsAM&t=1&usg=__wHy4nVrRBSSfBHnMJGkQ_wGPf6Y=

Michihiro Omigawa
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlNw0qtG-hgL0Yy47ZnwLk9G7OPTUo2aiYaln6rmWbalL5VzQ&t=1&usg=__58uD0ztuArGIaoSdB7ci8TkB7Mc=

Andrews Nakahara
    The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLafVBw1eZXkGlTRiSEPxrTSaR6aGJ7PihwxgRdNDWa6tpA6g&t=1&usg=__TpXc0Qm4ClQ-kLKRqU3Qylrmo3c=

the rumoured fights:

Aoki vs Melendez II
    Kawajiri vs Kitaoka
    Fernandes vs Takaya II (Michi Omigawa is unhappy about this)
    Ishii vs Sakuraba/Asashoryu/Mousasi
    Minowaman vs Asashoryu
    Omigawa vs Aoki

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Empty Re: The Dynamite!! 2010 thread

Post  the_king Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 pm

some good fighters on this card. i enjoy these new years cards they put on.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Minowaman vs Asashoryu cheers cheers Asashoryu hasnt fought MMA yet has he?

Perfect matchup for him, I hope Ishii doesnt fight Saku. If he beats Saku and Minowa he will make a mortal enemy of me! Laughing

Really hope we see Melendez vs Aoki in a ring under Japanese rules, Aoki diserves a 2nd chance I reckon.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 pm

think the sumo man is only rumoured because Ishii called him out, after calling out JLB and Saku too :\
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:21 pm

I want more than anything to see JLB in MMA on the new years card. After watching him in K-1 I think he has slowed a little to much to have a chance of winning the GP. ITs shit cause he was easily good enough to have won it at least once, but I think its time to call it a day in K-1

I think he could fight someone like Ishii/Minowaman/Asashoryu any of those would make an epic fight.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Ishii called him out in K-1 though. Ishii is a real moron
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm

What weight does bakur por pramuk fight at?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:15 am

he was twice MAX champ at 70 kgs (154 lbs) so its somewhere around there.
    not sure why you posted that in this thread though Laughing

anyways, the latest update is that Michihiro Omigawa has said he wants a big fight on NYE, and has called out Shinya Aoki!!! affraid

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm

...because this was the most recent K1 thread and it was a question I wanted to ask?
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Technically, Dynamite has recently been a mostly MMA event so I can see where Chestie is coming from. On the other hand, historically Dynamite has been a mixed show put on my FEG showcasing the best of their MMA and kick boxing fighters, so I can see where Pinsman is coming from too.

And I'd love to see some of the MAX fighters make their way into MMA. Andy Souwer is the most natural choice as he already fights in shoot boxing events (standing submissions and striking). His striking is well above and beyond the level of any light weight strikers in MMA, in my opinion. If he worked on his sprawl and brawl and submission defence he could be a force in MMA. He has a ridiculous number of fights to his record with an almost 60% knock out ratio.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:53 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:he was twice MAX champ at 70 kgs (154 lbs) so its somewhere around there.

anyways, the latest update is that Michihiro Omigawa has said he wants a big fight on NYE, and has called out Shinya Aoki!!! affraid

Thought i read Omigawa joined WEC a few days ago. Cant remember where.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm

pinsman wrote:...because this was the most recent K1 thread and it was a question I wanted to ask?

well Buakaw's next fight is in the S-Cup, check out my thred about it. Smile

redmeanie77 wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:he was twice MAX champ at 70 kgs (154 lbs) so its somewhere around there.

Thought i read Omigawa joined WEC a few days ago. Cant remember where.

he got an offer, but i dont know if he will take it. he is already making more than ANYONE in the WEC.

and regarding souwer, he won his last fight with a choke.
    seeing him in MMA would be incredible!!

nice strangle but the takedown defence....not so much Very Happy
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 am

Mousasi says fight with Ishii is possible.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:15 pm

The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Manhoef

its been confirmed as MMA rules.

who would we like to see fight Melvin??

im amazed he has never fought Minowaman so i would like to see that.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:44 pm

what event was this:?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:54 pm

the_king wrote:
    what event was this:?

Shoot Boxing "Ishin 4"
    18th of September.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:02 am

cheers i must have missed it gonna download it if i can find it anywhere.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:20 pm

BUMP!!!

less than 8 weeks away.

Dynamite gets announced!!! lol!

FieLDS Dynamite!! ~Power Of Courage 2010~ was officially announced today at a press conference where FEG president Sadaharu Tanikawa and DREAM event producer Keiichi Sasahara were present.

The event will be aired on TBS and consist of 10~13 fights. The core this year is MMA and we could see some vs. K-1 and vs. Strikeforce fights in addition to DREAM match-ups. It looks like there won’t be any vs. SRC fights this year but if possible Tanikawa wants to cooperate with WVR for their event on the 30th.

Tanikawa said that he has an idea that he has been working on since summer but is not sure if it’ll be implemented on NYE.

They were supposed to announce Shinya Aoki’s NYE fight at the press conference but it’s not 100% set yet and Sasahara said that he wants to announce it either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Summary of press conference: Expect some good stuff and maybe a couple of big surprises.

http://nightmareofbattle.com/?p=4283

The Dynamite!! 2010 thread Title

THE POWER OF COURAGE!!! Very Happy

they havent announced any fights let alone made a trailer but i am already getting hyped for the sequel to the event of 2009.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Hope the vs Strikeforce fight plan out. I know Melendez has been in talks for an Aoki rematch in Japan but it sounds to be Melendez is condisering clearing off if they can get him a fight with Alvarez. I dont think he is thrilled with an Aoki rematch but IMO he should be, beating Aoki in his own back yard might get him recognition as a top Lw.

Any word on whos confirmed yet? I just cant wait to find out who they have lined up for Minowa to be honest. Im hopefull that there are a lot of heavies in SF pissed off at not being active I wonder if we will see any of the, Barnett, Arlovski, Bigfoot especially. I doubt Fedor wants to do anything ive given up hope of him fighting till Werdum is back Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Gegard Mousasi (30-3-1 MMA, 8-0 DREAM, 2-1 SF), who's won 17 of his past 18 fights during a busy four-year stretch, may have two more bouts on the horizon.

Mousasi, the current DREAM light-heavyweight champion and former Strikeforce title-holder, expects to meet famed kickboxer Jerome Le Banner at December's DREAM "Dynamite!! 2010" event, he recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Then, he plans a February return to Strikeforce to fight fellow light-heavyweight contender Mike Kyle (18-7-1 MMA, 2-2-1 SF).

DREAM "Dynamite!! 2010" takes place Dec. 31 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. No fights officiallyhave been announced, but Mousasi is hopeful for an MMA-rules bout with Le Banner (3-1-1 MMA, 0-0 DREAM), who hasn't competed in MMA since March 2006.

"I don't know if I'm fighting him yet," Mousasi said of Le Banner. "They haven't confirmed. They asked me, and I said yes, so now if he said yes, the fight is on."

Mousasi specifically wants to fight the heavyweight, who's a French knockout artist with a 76-19-1 pro-kickboxing record, as a wake-up call to overseas fans. But he admits such a bout may have little interest in the U.S.

"If I fight Jerome LeBanner in the U.S., [he] wouldn't be considered a good MMA fighter," Mousasi said. "But in Europe because he's a popular K-1 fighter, it's fighting a big fight. It doesn't matter if it's MMA or K-1, so it's good for me (and) my name in Europe if I could beat him. And he's big and strong, so it's a challenge for me to get him down. I know that once I can get him down, I can win. But that's the challenge."

Le Banner weighs approximately 260 pounds, and just two years ago, Mousasi won DREAM's 185-pound title. But he's bulked up since then and won light-heavyweight titles with both DREAM and Strikeforce. And currently, he said he weighs about 222 pounds.

"It's too short a time to put a lot of weight on, so maybe two or three kilos more, but that's it," said Mousasi, who heard Satoshi Ishii also could be a potential opponent for the year-end DREAM event. "But I don't consider weight to be that big of a deal. As long as my technique is better, it will make up for his strength."

As far as his U.S. career, Mousasi hasn't fought in Strikeforce since losing his title to Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in April.

So when is his return?

"February," he said. "I'm fighting Mike Kyle in Strikeforce. February – that's what I heard."

Strikeforce hasn't officially announced any shows past the Dec. 4 "Henderson vs. Babalu" event in St. Louis. So has Mousasi begun preparations for the bout?

"No, you never know how things will go," he said. "Maybe I get another [opponent]. But that's the fight that they want. He's a tough opponent. He's already beat the champion (Rafael Cavalcante). But I don't know for sure that I'm fighting him, but most likely it's going to be him."

The game plan? Beat Kyle, get another Strikeforce title shot, and the reclaim his belt. Then, Mousasi said, he would consider a move to heavyweight – a plan he's discussed frequently for the past couple years.

In the meantime, he's simply focused on improvement. Despite his ability to end fights on the ground, Mousasi struggled against Lawal, a famed NCAA Division I wrestling stand-out.

"I'm going to train a little like (UFC welterweight champ) Georges St-Pierre (with) wrestling, jiu-jitsu, judo and kickboxing and then put them all together in my own gym where I train," he said. "I'm train to improve myself in all aspects, not just one area.

"I'm a standup fighter, but when I see all my fights, I finish them on the ground. My best strength is ground and pound, so I want to always be on top. If I want to have the advantage with my ground and pound and control, I need to be a good wrestler to take them down and be in top position. Even if I don't fight a wrestler, I'm going to improve my wrestling because I want to be the guy that takes them down."
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Great to see him back, Le Banner will mangle him on the feet, the size difference is bigger than Couture vs Lesnar though Mousasi did GnP Babalu which is something. It will be a fight im really looking forward to. Gotta love this fighter share deal.

Kyle will be a good fight, glad to see SF finally getting round to organising top guys fighting. I hope we see Monson vs King Mo as well.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:02 pm

you reckon Le Banner would blast him on the feet?
    maybe, but Mousasi is really slick...compare their respective fights in K1 vs Musashi and Gegard is much more impressive, plus he has much more experience in MMA striking.

either way the smart move from Gegard would be to take him down.

It's interesting that they have both been training alot with GSP.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 pm

JLB training with GSP too? Mousasi clearly a big favorite but I think JLB's size will be too much.... well im hoping it will be anyway Laughing I think JLB on the frontfoot will be like nothing he has had to deal with and Mousasi isnt a powerhouse at 205 by any means.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Mousasi to tap JLB within 3 minutes.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Yeah cant see anything other than a Mousasi sub early in the fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:33 pm