THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC Empty RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Mired in a very public war of words with his boss, UFC president Dana White, former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson did an about face on his retirement talk early Friday morning.

In a blog post on his official Web site, Jackson said he now plans to return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship and finish his contract.

“I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC & finish my contract. Not because the haters are talking (expletive) about me being scared of Rashad or Titties or anybody else. I'm coming back for my fans & to shut Rashad's mouth up & shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies & I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape.”

The rift started a few months ago when Jackson backed out of a headline bout against Rashad Evans. The fight was set for UFC 107 in Jackson’s hometown of Memphis, Tenn., following several months of build-up from he and Evans serving as coaches on The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.

Jackson backed out of the fight to pursue a role as B.A. Baracus in the feature movie remake of “The A-Team.”

"He wants to do this thing, and he's like, 'listen, man, this is really important to me... there's some sentimental value here for me, me and my Dad grew up watching The A-Team together and we loved it,'” White told reporters at a pre-fight press conference for UFC 102. "Well, guess what, brother? I said, 'guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now. He's thinking about beating your (expletive) ass. He's not sitting around thinking about him and his mom used to watch the (expletive) 'Love Boat' together, and he wants to get the role of 'Isaac the Bartender'...you know what I mean? Get a (expletive) grip, dude.”

Jackson also took a lot of heat for his portrayal on The Ultimate Fighter, receiving heavy criticism for his coaching and explosive arguments with Evans.

He addressed those critiques in his recent blog post as well.

“I've noticed that the UFC & TUF have some fans brainwashed or something. They still haven't realized yet that the TV show is just a TV show. I did my job by entertaining people and if you ever paid any attention to me, that's what I'm known for doing.”

Jackson gave no indication as to when fans might expect him to return to the Octagon. A source close to Jackson told MMAWeekly.com that the fighter was still finishing up filming on The A-Team movie, but was sure that Jackson was prepared to make his return once his acting obligations were met.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10154&zoneid=13
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC Empty Re: RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Eh Fuck him, if he wants to go in to movies I want to see him KO'd when he returns. Any Idea how many figths are left for him? Doing a boxing match once a year is a bit of a joke. Shame this movie shit went to his head, and its a shame UFC dont pay enough for it to be beneficial for him to pack movies in and keep fighting
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC Empty Re: RAMPAGE SAYS HE'LL RETURN TO THE UFC

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:43 pm

I can't wait to see Rashad batter him!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Evans or Titties?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Can't imagine rampage vs titties is ever going to happen!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Titties is going back to army after TUF finale fight
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:38 pm

I was just thinking about how weak a group this years TUF fighters were.

People like titties, junk, sims and jones are journeymen with no business being in the UFC.

Other than Nelson and possibly Schaub, rogers and Wren, none of this lot will ever be top 20. And others, like shivers and jenson aren't even top 50 and never will be.

If it wasn't for Kimbo, this season would have bombed big time!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:02 pm

The A-Team will be the worst movie ever, and then Rashad will club the shit out of him when he gases in the 2nd round, followed by delivery of the best ever post-fight speech.

I don't give a shit if Page never fights again, does anyone?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Something tells me Rampage acting career will not take off, and he will remain in octagon.

Mad
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Good. I reckon Rampage is on the slide anyway, hopefully Rashad will give him a beatdown.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Paolo_73 wrote:The A-Team will be the worst movie ever, and then Rashad will club the shit out of him when he gases in the 2nd round, followed by delivery of the best ever post-fight speech.

I don't give a shit if Page never fights again, does anyone?

I think the A-Team will be good IF they keep Rampage's lines to a minimum.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 am