THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
pinsman
redmeanie77
9 posters

Rampage v Rashad

Poll

Whos gona win ?

[ 6 ]
    Rampage v Rashad I_vote_lcap50%Rampage v Rashad I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Rampage v Rashad I_vote_lcap50%Rampage v Rashad I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 12
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rampage v Rashad Empty Rampage v Rashad

Post  redmeanie77 Wed May 19, 2010 6:28 pm

"Your a fucking tin man, you got no heart" FTW Exclamation
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rampage v Rashad Empty Re: Rampage v Rashad

Post  pinsman Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm getting tired of these two bitching all the time I want Rampage to win but TBH i've kinda lost interest in this fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed May 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Dana White confirms the winner of 'Jackson vs Evans' as Shogun Rua's first title defense

The Octagon boss today confirmed that newly-crowned light heavyweight champion Mauricio Rua will make his first title defense against the winner of Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans, who collide on May 29 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"Shogun" finished what he started in October 2009, getting the better of then-division champion Lyoto Machida back on May 8 during their UFC 113 main event rematch from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

After putting the once seemingly-invincible Machida on ice, Rua now turns his attention to a couple of former Ultimate Fighter coaches -- and ex-UFC light heavyweight champions.

From the champ:

"I think Rampage [will win], but it's close to 50/50 to me. I'd say 55% for Rampage, 45% Rashad. To me Rampage or Rashad, it doesn't make a difference, they are both top fighters. But a fight against Rampage would be good ... for the pay-per-view."

Star-divide
    Of course "Rampage" was among the Brazilian's victims during his storied run under the PRIDE banner, which also included wins over Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem and another burgeoning 205-pound import in Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Rua struggled in the early part of his Octagon career, falling to Forrest Griffin in his 2007 debut and then turning in a stinker against Mark Coleman the second time out.

A TKO win over Chuck Liddell vaulted him into a UFC 104 title fight against "The Dragon" last October, but a controversial decision left him high and dry until May 8.

Now he is officially the "Undisputed" champion.

Fans, like Shogun, are pretty much split right down the middle on picking a winner of "Rampage vs. Evans." Which fighter gives the champion a run for his money?
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 pm

I believe it's all down to Evens' chin, if Rampage connects it's lights out... I also think Rampage has enough wrestling to keep it on the feet.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed May 19, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm going with Rashad in this fight, i dont think Rampage's wrestling is good enough to stop Rashad's takedown for the whole 15 mins.

And even on the feet, Rampage struggled with Jardine and looked slow and stiff in that fight and we know Rashad moves and bounces around as fast a motherfucker. I can see him overwhelming Rampage on the feet also. And also factoring in ring rust.....

... I got Rashad by UD.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 pm

I think Rashad will outwork him to win a UD.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 am

Im not actually sure. Evans chin isn't that bad to be fair, he was KOed after about 80 punches and kicks from Machida and was rocked by Silva, who has 11 KOs in 16 fights. Not enough evidence to suggest a bad chin for me.

Rampage though is a better striker and is strong as well, some times strikers have better takedowns than wrestlers. Exhibit A:

Rampage v Rashad Crocop

Its an intresting fight, both guys can end the fight with one punch. You have to think that maybe Evans won't come to wrestle imediatley, I wouldn't be suprised he tried to stand with Evans for a bit to try and hurt them.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 20, 2010 8:24 am

Crocop has better takedowns than wrestlers?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 am

He has good takedown defence!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu May 20, 2010 5:36 pm

iv noticed the people iv spoke to seem to be split people who started watching ufc mma want evans to win and people who started watching mma with pride want rampage to win.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Crocop has better takedowns than wrestlers?

Most of them, yes ofcoarse. Who do you think has better? BJ Penn is another one with little wrestling but great takedown defence. GSP is not by trade a wrestler yet he has shown he has much better takedown defence than the wrestlers he has faced and for that matter takedowns as well.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah you said takedowns not takedown defense. Albion pointed it out to me earlier.

I thought you had lost your mind saying Crocop has the best takedowns. Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Embarassed My bad, I ofcoarse meant takedown defence.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu May 20, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm thinking Rashad UD because I think he has the speed advantage and also between jardine and Forrest,they exposed a big weakness in Rampages game and showed others the way to beat Rampage standing,also with Rashad having the better wrestling background,he should controll the fight on the ground but then I think about how Rampage did against other wrestlers in the past like Hendo and Lindland,he won both by decision.

(I don't think Rampage has ever lost to another wrestler has he,but the only one he has ever finished was Randelman,7 years ago.)

Hendos the better comparison since he has the standup aswell,but to be fair if the Hendo - Rampage fight was a 3 rd fight,I think Hendo would have won it. Twisted Evil

If Rampage can't catch Rashad in the 1st rd,then I think Rashad will win,also I think the long lay off might effect Rampage in a bad way but still if Rampage catches Rashad with any shots similar to the ones he hit Chuck and Wandi with,well then it will be sleepy time for Rashad.

I have a bad feeling though,that Rashad is only going to do what he needs to do to win and we won't see any fireworks.

I see him just picking him off with leg kicks,jabs and loads of movement and then going for the takedown and controlling Rampage without causing much damage for the last minute and half of each rd to grind out a UD decision.

we might even see Rampage lose it afterwards like Daley,if Rashad beats him that way.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

I agree payne. As much as I'd like to see Rampage win, I see Rashad avoiding the early strikes, using plenty of leg kicks and getting the decision. Hope that Rampage has learned something from the Jardine fight ie how to avoid getting the shit kicked out of your legs, but doubt that he has.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Rashads son better brace himself for a spanking after Evans dominates Rampage for 15 mins. Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun May 23, 2010 11:56 am

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun May 23, 2010 2:07 pm

i hope Rashad wins this i like his style but think rampage will have to much power for him and a much stronger chin i think that will be the deciding factor in this fight

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm