THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Dream 12 looking good

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Dream 12 looking good Empty Dream 12 looking good

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 am

Paulo Filho
    Katsunori Kikuno
    Yoshiro Maeda
    Andrews Nakahara
    Alistair Overeem
    Murilo Rua
    Kazushi Sakuraba
    Kiyoshi Tamura
    Eddie Alvarez

Thats all the fighters in the Video for dream 12. Now we could see any of the fighers from Dream or Strikeforce rosters on this card. But its a solid start, Filho is on his way back to the top, Overeem has so much hype around him, Alvarez is top 3 at 155lbs and Sakauraba is a living legend! A Tamura rematch for Sakauraba would make a lot of sence. Id like to see Ninja Rua get back on track... he just didnt look himself recently, all these ex Chute Boxe boys agression seems to have gone!!

Also the is going to be a big anouncment, Its in regards to the Ring being changed for a Cage (not 100% its a cage but read below) In the Video below there is a sketch of a Pentagon shaped Cage

Quotes:
    “not in the UFC”, “violence” (website strangely thought maby soccer kicks back?)
    Sakuraba in the video (from the last event) says: “It’s useless to escape”/”I must not escape”. You can’t escape from a cage?

http://nightmareofbattle.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/dream-12-experiment/

Well done Dream, A fight in a Cage might not be better but If it really is something that we have never seen in MMA as promised im excited!! A Cage makes it worse but a least a Hexagon has more angles than the Octogon, More ways to corner a figher like a ring which I dont think make a massive difference but I think it encourages a little more action and less circling.

Anyway Its something new like the Superhulk tournament, I really like watching Japanese MMA because there is always something different going on..
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dream 12 looking good Empty Re: Dream 12 looking good

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:45 pm

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

please stick to the ring.

this would be terrible, trapping people in the corner in the clinch just like in the ring, but without resets!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:09 am