THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
6 posters

The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick?

Poll

Whos the best?

[ 3 ]
    The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? I_vote_lcap30%The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? I_vote_lcap0%The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? I_vote_lcap70%The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? I_vote_rcap [70%] 

Total Votes: 10
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? Empty The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:54 pm

OK so after a bif of discussion on these 3 I though id ask people to vote on who they think is the best out of these 3. I know rankings wise we have JDS top based on having bigger wins but opinion seems very split between who is the best fighter of the 3. If they were to all fight each other who comes out on top?

I dont know if I can Vote on my own thread but my Pick is Carwin, He has been steamrolling everyone he has faces, is much bigger and more powerfull than the other 2 and has impressive standup and GnP.

He hasnt showed weakenss at all apart from 1 shot from Gabe that Rocked him a bit, every other fight he is in and out in a minute job done... hell even in the Gonzaga fight his worst performance he mananged to stop Gonzaga is a minute!! 11 wins 11 finishes in the 1st round IMO puts him as a big favorite.

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/23442/Shane_Carwin_vs_Christian_Wellisch

This fight showed he can take a shot or 2 and can deliver a punch with similar impact to a shotgun blast!

Crazy big slam in this Video! shows a few older fights I had trouble getting a hold of, but it showed the big man does score a Td when he wants to and once he is on you he isnt getting off anytime soon! His power is incredible I remember him standing up with Gonzaga on top of him!

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/shane-carwin-vs-neil-wain-video-ufc-89/

Again not really top class opposition but again someone he steamrolled in no time.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? Empty Re: The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick?

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Good thread. For me its Carwin, i think he is better than the other 2 and can KO the other two and pretty much any HW he tags.

The power he has is scary.

The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? Shanec10
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick? Empty Re: The 3 new stars at HW... Whos your pick?

Post  pinsman Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:25 pm

I've said Carwin but still think Lesnar will bash him
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:25 pm

I guess we will find out soon what they are all made of, Lesnar is a huge test for Carwin, even if he looses and makes it competitive he has a future, Nog is a massive one for Cain because he is so hard to stop and trying to avoid getting tapped by nog for 15mins is a scary prospect. JDS just needs a step up in opposition too, I really think the Kongo vs Mir winner would be great if they come out injury free and are good to go quickly.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:29 pm

would just like to add Carwin needs to learn how to throw legs kicks, his legs are fooking massive, in the first fight it looks like he's wearin tightees!!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:55 pm

I picked Carwin by mistake but you know my pick is Dos Santos.

How do you change?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Haha I subliminely made you do it with all my Pro Carwin crap!! Laughing Ill have a look into it for you see if I can do anything, I was shocked to see no JDS picks! I think he would beat Cain if I had to pick one, even though they are fairly evenly matched... I hope I wrong and Cain lives up to his hype but Im not totally sold on him just yet.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:30 pm

technically i think Valesquez is the best but i think if they where to fight carwin would beat him and JDS at the moment i think carwin would be too powerful for both of them but i see cain improving over the next year or two and beating him i think he will be champ by 2011
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Haha I subliminely made you do it with all my Pro Carwin crap!!

Haha Laughing possibly.

Im just not completely sold on Carwin right now. He very well could be the next best P4P fighter but right now he hasn't beaten anyone that is a top fighter or once was. I mean both Dos Santos and Velasquez could beat Neil Wain and Wheisiech with no difficulty. There are still things we need to learn about these three, how is Carwin's gas tank?, how good is Dos Santos on the ground?, does Cain have a weak chin?

Honestly I can't see any of them beating Lesner right now, and no one else for that matter. I don't think any of them can handle his strength and size. Maybe after a year but right now no, its ridiculous Carwin was meant to (still might be) getting a shot so soon.

All three still have a lot to prove, and I hope AA comes back and mixes it up with them.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 am

Where are the JDS fans ? tongue
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:34 am

I'm going with Velasquez. I reckon he is the most well rounded fighter of the three and will hopefully develop into one of the top heavyweights in the world.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:16 am