THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Who next for King Mo?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Who next for King Mo? Empty Who next for King Mo?

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Just read an interview with King Mo and he said he is willing to figth at Heavyweight he just wants to get an opponent ASAP.

I think this is a terrible Idea. Mo if Im not mistaken started as a 185er... I think he should stick at LHW. He said that Whitehead had been rumoured as his 1st opponent and I think thats the fight we will see. I suppose Babalu would be the other option, that would make an instant star of him if he won... he he lost Babalu would be back on the map. Maby Soko, him vs Mo would make for a good matchup.

Mo is a great addition to Strikeforce but the options at 205lbs are very limited. I really think they need to bring in some outside tallend.

My thoughs are Firstlt they need Arona. Arona is one hell of a tallen, on a good day he is a match for anyone in the world at 205lbs. I think if he joined Strikeforce he would be the biggest threat to Mousasi.

Stanislav Nedkov beat Randleman, not impressivley but he still beat him and being 10-0 and having finished 8 fights he should be someone they should consider.

Filho would be another one, he looked poor last outing but for a while he was numer 2 Mw in the world and still only has 1 loss to his name. Perhaps he is better suited to 185lbs but he has fought at Lhw.

Ninja Rua would be the next one, his last fight was at 205lbs and I dont see why he cant keep at that weight. Strikeforces 205ers arent massive like the UFC's in Griffin, Tito, Bader, Rampage etc..

Hendo is a free agent but again who knows if he will be Mw or Lhw...

Anyone else who they could bring in to strengthen the devision? Who do people think Mo will fight in his Debut? I really doubt they will use him as a heavy.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Who next for King Mo? Empty Re: Who next for King Mo?

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 pm

i would love to see ninja vs mo, ninja is coming of a superb KO win, and this will help guage where Mo is at, if he could beat Ninja then their is substance to the hype, not that Ninja is top 10, but he is a higher calibre than his past opponents.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah completley agree, Ninja beat Rampage (Well not "beat" him but Shogun vs Machida Beat him!) Ninja is a good figher but might be a bit undersized against Mo but Its a good fight Id like to see it. I wonder what Ninja is doing with himself? I think he has a Dream contract? he was suppose to be fighting in Dream but didnt because he was helping Shogun prepare for Machida. Zelg Galesic would be a good fight to get him back on track in Dream at Mw and open up a return to Strikeforce. What do you think Mo's potential is? Do you think he is going to be a top 10 Lhw?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 pm

I like what's been suggested so far. His next fight is rumoured to be Mike Whitehead which is a good option.

I think something leading up to Babalu or Arona, and ultimately, a title shot, would be a good way to progress, but don't rush him to either of those bouts. Mo could be a big draw for Strikeforce, so they shouldn't throw him to the wolves.

I'd like to see something like:

Whitehead - Cavalcante - Babalu/Arona - Title shot

I don't think they should be over-eager to put together a fight with Nedkov (if Sengoku goes under), Nedkov could eventually be brought into title contention too.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 am

Appears Whitehead has been confirmed, according to Loretta Hunt at sherdog....
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 am

Disapointing but Ill be Glad to see Mo back in action, I think he will crack the top 10 Lhw's soon. I say he beats Whitehead senceless. Glad he isnt making the move to Heavyweight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:48 pm