THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv

Poll

who will win?

[ 5 ]
    Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv I_vote_lcap83%Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv I_vote_rcap [83%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv I_vote_lcap17%Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv I_vote_rcap [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv Empty Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv BQixNnICQAIxwzr

Surprising announcement from Bellator last night, who do you guys think will take this fight? Surprising really that we never saw this in the UFC. I think Rampage is closer to his physical prime than Tito is and will win, although I expect Tito will train a lot harder for this than Rampage will...so its not a sure thing.

I think seeing two over-the-hill legends fight in a smaller promotion is NOT a good idea on Bellator's part. I'm sure it will pull more viewers than their other cards, but if they really want to compete with the UFC i think its not smart.
    Topping the bill with shot legends and promoting they based on their UFC exploits is what all the small promotions do, and it seems like Bellator are trying to go head to head with the UFC by making PPV events.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv Empty Re: Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:00 pm

Great to see two Legends of the greatest devision in MMA short history fighting when they are both still able to. No one complained that Wand and Chuck were past their best etc.. so I dont mind it here. Especially as Titos win was over Bader who beat Rampage.

Well put that Tito isnt as close to his prime but will probabally work harder in training, though Rampage has been saying he is motivated talk of going to Hw suggested to me he wasnt.

Im backing Rampage all the way in this one although Tito still has the wrestling skills to capitalise on Rampages game becoming mostly boxing these days.

I dont see why its a problem Bellator using these big names to sell a PPV. They have great champs but who is going to buy a Ben Askren PPV? Big name ex UFC fighters will really raise the interest and even gain their own fighters more mainstream exposure if they beat them.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv Empty Re: Rampage vs. Tito headlining first Bellator ppv

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm

I notice a lot of Forums and websites have shit on this fight but TBH seeing how both are the downside of their careers I'm kind of intrigued by the fight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the fight...I just don't think its a smart move for bellator to compete with the UFC by headlining with 2 fighters who recently left the UFC on losing streaks.

having said that, they dont really have many othe fighters who can headline a ppv.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Anyone know where Eddie Alvarez is at in terms of his contract running out. He has been on the shelf forever. Him and Lombard were two fighers who the general public were interested in. They need a few more big names and if the Ex UFC guys help so be it.

King Mo will be another one who can draw some PPV buys, Id say with him and Rampage in ProWrestling they will draw some casual fans interest.

They have some great tallent at Lighter weights but as UFCs lighter weight classes have shown they dont draw the crowds as much.

I think if they want to do PPV they need some more names the man on the street will recognise and Tito and Rampage tick that box if nothing else. They seem to have a load of Russians fighting for them, id wonder if they would have a talk with Sergei. He could go to the top there and is a more well known free agent.

Steve Bosse at Lhw would be a good signing too but there arent even many Ex-UFC fighters who are still relevant, if there are fighters on their way back to UFC or just out of it WSOF seems to be the place to go. There is no problem with them doing what they are doing, it makes Bellator unique but I dont see them selling a lot of PPV when UFC fight night level shows have as much tallent.

Look forward to seeing what Bellator can do with the rest of the card to make it worth buying. I hope Rampage is still planning on Boxing RJJ.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:05 pm

I hope this turns out to be a success.I'd hate for viacom to pull further funding or lose interest in supporting Bellator if this PPV turns out to be a flop.

Did anyone watch last nights bellator?,it was a cool night of fights and I want them to keep on coming.
    I would be absolutely gutted if anything happened to stop me getting my Bellator fix.

I wonder what they are going to charge for it.I can't imagine many would buy it at the same rate as a UFC PPV,$50,but at say $15 - $20,I think there would be more interest.

I'll be watching it,but to be fair,I'll watch two monkeys fight over a football,so that's not saying much,but will the casual fan pay to watch two fighters who have recently looked terrible,who are at the very back end of their careers and are on long losing streaks,headlining a PPV.
    3-4 years ago,I'd of been really excited for this fight.

If the UFC headlined a PPV with those two now,I think there would be up roar,this would only headline a Fuel TV card now.

i wonder if Randy will come out of retirement to fight the winner on their next PPV Wink Laughing 

On the Alverez situation,will this work for or against him.I mean if they do bad PPV numbers,then that will show that Bellator couldn't match the UFC's contract offer or does that not matter and the fact that bellator are doing PPV's,now make there matching of contracts more legit.

I mean,Bellator basically won the first battle over the contract,now when Eddies appeal comes through,will Bellator have an even stronger case after doing PPV's.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:17 pm

also,just a thought,Bellator are going to be handicapped in promoting this fight.

They wont be able to show any of either fighters past footage,since ZUFFA own nearly all that.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:25 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I hope this turns out to be a success.I'd hate for viacom to pull further funding or lose interest in supporting Bellator if this PPV turns out to be a flop.

Did anyone watch last nights bellator?,it was a cool night of fights and I want them to keep on coming.
    I would be absolutely gutted if anything happened to stop me getting my Bellator fix.

I think this will be airing in the UK- Friday night on VIVA (something like 357 on sky, its a music channel)...and future events will air on Friday nights too.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:also,just a thought,Bellator are going to be handicapped in promoting this fight.

They wont be able to show any of either fighters past footage,since ZUFFA own nearly all that.

i dont think its too big of a deal, almost everyone who might potentially watch this knows exactly who Rampage and Tito are already. Laughing .....im sure most of Bellator's loyal viewing public are UFC fans.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Just way Tito is going TNA Wrestling now, him and Ramapge can build up a feud there and get some Wrestling fans to switch on id say!

I heard Lashley wanted to move to 205lbs, I wonder if they could do him vs King Mo too? Wrestling fans would love the card.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    payneNglory1 wrote:I hope this turns out to be a success.I'd hate for viacom to pull further funding or lose interest in supporting Bellator if this PPV turns out to be a flop.

I think this will be airing in the UK- Friday night on VIVA (something like 357 on sky, its a music channel)...and future events will air on Friday nights too.

Glad I asked,I'll make sure I put anything about Bellator fight nights in spoilers until Saturdays
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:07 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    payneNglory1 wrote:also,just a thought,Bellator are going to be handicapped in promoting this fight.

i dont think its too big of a deal, almost everyone who might potentially watch this knows exactly who Rampage and Tito are already. Laughing .....im sure most of Bellator's loyal viewing public are UFC fans.

I'm sure,all MMA fans are going to show an interest in this,no matter if they admit it or not,(there'll be tons of them failing to find streams and ending up buying it)I was thinking more about the new and TNT or whatever it is,wrestling fans they'll be trying to attract,but then again,I'm sure Tito,Rampage and Mo will be on nearly all their shows hyping it up.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Just way Tito is going TNA Wrestling now, him and Ramapge can build up a feud there and get some Wrestling fans to switch on id say!

I heard Lashley wanted to move to 205lbs, I wonder if they could do him vs King Mo too? Wrestling fans would love the card.

Surely there is no way lashley could make 205,the guy's a monster HW isn't he?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:32 am

Looks like I'm the only one giving Tito a chance here. As much as I loved Ramplod, I just don't see him stopping Tito from taking him down. I had huge reservations on either continuing their careers, but, against each other? I'm totally up for that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 pm