THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
redmeanie77
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
KingFedor
quicksuperlee
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
paul815
12 posters

Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping?

paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping? Empty Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping?

Post  paul815 Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 am

Anfield, what did you make of Bispings performance Question
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping? Empty Re: Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping?

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:17 am

Haven't seen it yet but from what i've heard, not all that impressive.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping? Empty Re: Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:21 am

He got Rocked to his boots but pulled out some unexpected good takedowns, One thing about Bisping he is improving, He never was great but when he cut to 185 he looked to have better handspeet and combos. Now his Wrestling has improved he is a decent fighter. I think a figth with the Akiyama vs Wandy winner will really show if he has a chance to crack the top 10. I dont think he will.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:37 am

If he outwrestled Kang then Kang needs to retire. Hendo laughed at Bispings pathetic takedown attempt and you don't improve a huge amount in 3 months.
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 am

Bisping took Kang down repeadly in the second round...but Kang is hardly Henderson!!!
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:04 pm

I think the loss to Hendo has brought him down a peg or two. I still like Bisping as he brings character to the UFC, something it badly needs - too many boring fighters.

It looked like Kang gased badly in the second round and I was pretty amazed to see Bisping trying takedowns! I thought it was more out of desperation, but he battered Kang in the second.

He was quite humble after as well saying he has a long way to go. Respect to him i think, he knows his place now but he defintely shouldn't lose his personality.

Having said that after his fight he didn't come out to see the fans, didn't sit with the other fighters and sat next to Dana.....I still think he's cool though.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:11 pm

ESPN showed footage of Bisping chatting with some fans after it looked like the arena had practically emptied.

I thought Bisping did well to turn the fight around. Kang was easily in control of the first round but Bisping was able to mix things up and take control of the second. I was surprised that he took Kang down so easily.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Gotta say its probably Bispings best UFC performance to date. So we all know Bisping will never be the man that will beat A Silva for the MW title but he is a decent fighter. He had no business going in against Hendo to be fair and his cockyiness was unjustified. But it looks like that Hendo punch has brought him down to earth, Just imagine Bispings face when he had to see his son after that fight.

I really didn't expect the fight to go like that, I thought Kang would take Bisping down easily and basically do what he did in the first round for the entire fight. Never did I expect Bisping to take Kang down but after he got the first one, he just grew in confidence. Poor by Kang but good execution by Bisping.

I have to say though, and I first realised this in the Hendo fight, Bispings stand-up is absolutley horrible, pretty shit and thats being nice. His punches do nothing, they are easily read and have no power and the punch that Kang caught Bisping with was very basic. Bispings wrestling looked good today and against some fighters that should be enough. But what happens when he fights a better wrestler like Sonnen?

"If he outwrestled Kang then Kang needs to retire. Hendo laughed at Bispings pathetic takedown attempt and you don't improve a huge amount in 3 months"

Bispings wrestling is probably the strongest part of his game, and it has always been decent, he did takedown Rashad and Hammil. Hendo laughed because well.. Hendo is an olympic wrestler so Bisping trying to take him down is pretty stupid. Its like walking up to Fedor with your hands down and chin up (Look at AA vs Fedor to see the consequences of that) or jumping right into Demain Maia's gaurd. No fighter on earth should try and shoot on Hendo. The differences between Hendo and Kang are huge.

So what now for Bisping? I still think most UFC MWs will beat him, he could possibly face the winner of Belcher vs Goviea but I think either or would easily beat him. Drwazl could be another option, Jason Macdonald if he comes back or maybe Nate Quarry. At the momment, this is his level. He is nowhere near title contention, Belfort and Maurquardt would destroy him.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:24 pm

I hope too see Bisping fight Maia next, that would be an interesting fight. Dont think Bisping will Gnp him. so will have too keep it standing
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:41 pm

I thought Bisping done well but IMO Kang threw the fight away i don't know what to say about Kang maybe the death of Shelby Walker back in '06 has really affected him ?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 pm

I think Bisping in the first rd was still not mentally ready to fight after what Hendo did to him and when he got rocked,it could of easily been over for him and if Kang had landed again I think Bisping would of mentally checked out and lost but luckily Kang didn't seem to have that killer instinct to go for it.
    Credit where credit is due though,Bisping showed some great defensive skills off his back and when the rd ended you could see it in his face,he knew he had lost the Rd and had to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

For me Bisping seems to have always tried to change his fighting style and become a technical fighter when ever he has come up against a good wrestlers (or a Leban) by trying to box from distance,which is normally a good tactic against wrestlers but Bisping doesn't have the power to stop these guys in there tracks with stiff jabs or good power punches from that distance and eventually ends up in the wrestlers favoured positions,exactly like RD 1 last night but when Bisping fights off the front foot,moving forward,Clinching,using knees,elbows and just going all out at a high pace(the takedowns were new though),thats when Bisping looks like a good fighter.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:05 pm

I really enjoyed Bisping Junior's RHK and armbar at the end, and the humility Mike showed in the interview was refreshing.

Can't think of a more appropriate way to act after such a brutal loss than to come back with a win and a humble attitude. Fair play to him.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Anfield....Watcha think of Bisping? Empty Re: Watcha think of Bisping?

Post  Raiden Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:42 pm

I was actually delighted to see Bisping win

when Kang knocked him with that punch there was a real sense of deja vu.but he conquered Kang and I think took a step hat will help him to exorcise his demons.

reminded me of Roberto Baggio against Chile in the 1998 World Cup. Baggio had missed the final penalty in the previous World Cup final and a penalty came up in the group game against Chile. He stood up and scored the penalty.

I agree that Bisping brings charachter to the UFC

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:27 am