THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing? Empty With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing?

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

If GSP wins and fights Silva that means Kampmann vs Hendricks winner doesnt get a shot at the title and I reckon the winner of this has earned a shot twice over I couldnt think of a fighter with a tougher path to a title shot than the fights they will have had.

So my guess is the winner of this fights Diaz for the title shot. I know he might not be due it in a stacked devision but I think UFC would like Diaz to do well.

Fitch can fight Condit. The winner of that has probabally climbed back into title contention.

Maia could fight Macdonald/Penn winner and be right up there too.

Seems a massive Queue is building up of legit guys already. Anderson is leaving a devision that could do with establishing a good challenger. GSP isnt. I dont think he is that keen on the fight either.

If he looses we go back to normal I dont think we get a superfight. Still an exciting devision and if he looses I think we see Diaz vs GSP.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing? Empty Re: With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing?

Post  Mryzyz Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 am

This is why Condit should have defended his interim belt.

GSP v Silva is a terrible fight to make. It just prevents either fighter from fighting far more interesting and deserving opponents than each other.

I wouldn't mind at all if Condit were to throw a spanner in the works.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing? Empty Re: With depth of 170lbs is GSP vs Silva superfight bad timing?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 am

I've always felt this fight makes no sense at all If Anderson wants big bucks and a super fight then there is only one option and that's fight Jones. GSP is a 170 fighter and Anderson is a 185 and 205 fighter Anderson has a ridiculous advantage over GSP in size and weight. I've heard the argument on some forums that GSP fought the 'Small' BJ Penn so why not fight someone bigger yet as we all know BJ has fought at 170 many times and was a Champion.

Honestly I'll say It again fight makes no sense and GSP If he beats Condit has a lot of challengers ahead of him from the winner of Kampmann & Hendricks new WW Maia too young up and comers MacDonald and Silva.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Anderson-Jones wouldn't make half the money Anderson-GSP will. Jones isn't a draw.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Anderson-Jones wouldn't make half the money Anderson-GSP will. Jones isn't a draw.

I don't like Jones just like yourself Anfield (although I think hatred far succeeds mine ) but the man is a draw he's done good numbers. To be totally honest I think 99% of MMA fans would pay top dollar to see Anderson possibly sparking out Johnny Boy.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:57 pm

His numbers are mediocre. Aside from the fights with Rashad and Rampage, who are draws and the Rashad fight was hyped with Primetime etc, his numbers are fairly poor. GSP draws far bigger numbers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:14 pm