THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight! Empty Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight!

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Just when I start looking forward to seeing these guys kicking ass with the rest of the Heavies in UFC turns out they both are going to have 1 more fight in SF.

Strikeforce being the terribly run organisation that it is has a grand total of 2 heavies on the roster... oh dear! Looks like the only option is to have these 2 rematch. Seeing as they are both injured it looks like it will be well into 2013 before these guys make their way to UFC.

Anyone think UFC will send a Heavy over to SF to fight them? Like a 1 off SF fight? Bring in an outside Hw with the painfully thin selection available? I dont see much choice but a rematch.

Also can anyone confirm if Cormier broke his hand too? The suspension says possible break to finger... Seems it wasnt 2 fighters with Bust hands going at it. Josh shattered his, Cormier may not have broke his hand at all.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight! Empty Re: Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight!

Post  redmeanie77 Tue May 22, 2012 3:39 pm

I thought just the winner had a plus 1 fight after the tournament with showtime? If so i think UFC will come up with a way to get out of it and bring Cormier over to fight in UFC ASAP, or make Cormier-Kharitonov or send Carwin over to fight Cormier. I dont know about Barnett tbh.

One thing for sure it will not be Fedor.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight! Empty Re: Cormier and Barnett BOTH have 1 more SF fight!

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

I think the most likely opponents will be drafted from the UFC I can't think of many names available apart from Monson, Sergei, Timmeh (If in shape) and some of the Bellator lads (not happening the latter I would have thought). Personally I'd love to see someone like Tony Lopez given a chance in Strikeforce he's been on a good run recently and beat Shamil Abdurahimov last Christmas.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Any Non UFC heavy doesnt really carry much name recognition bar AA (who already was knocked out of the tournament) and Sylvia... and I cant see Cormier getting Sylvia after winning the most stacked Hw GP in history.

Fedor is going to retire after the Rizzo fight, as you say Red it wont be him.

A rematch is the only thing that makes sence... and it doesnt really make any!

It really feels like they have no Idea what they are doing with SF. Ive sid it before but I think SF closing would be one of the best things that could happen in MMA.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 am