THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
uly
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Barnett vs Cormier 19th May.

Poll

Who wins and how?

[ 0 ]
    Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_lcap0%Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_lcap40%Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_rcap [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_lcap0%Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_lcap10%Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_lcap50%Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 10
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. Empty Barnett vs Cormier 19th May.

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Who you all backing lads? Id say both will come to the UFC but the winner might walk into a title shot...
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Barnett vs Cormier 19th May. Empty Re: Barnett vs Cormier 19th May.

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Cormier's wrestling will prove to be decisive factor here, he can easily keep it on the feet and if things arent going his way on the feet he can take Barnett down. What happens on the ground in that case im not so sure, but i dont think Barnett is going to knock Cormier out on the feet.
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:17 pm

I think itll go the distance, and Cormier stylistically is a bad matchup for Barnett because he's such a great wrestler and I think it's unlikely that Barnett will be able to take him down and use his ground game that's his strongest asset. Cormier has more power in the standup and because of that I give him the slight edge.

If Barnett does beat Cormier on the feet then like redmeanie said, Cormier can always take him down and score points and play defensively when on top. So I think he has more ways to win
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Cormier via knockout.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Barnett by Sub in the 3rd.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Whilst Cormier is showing a great deal of promise, Barnett has already proven himself. Sure, Cormier has very good wrestling, and is a very powerfull guy, but, Barnett has been in wih some of the best. I say Barnett with a late sub.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 pm

The loser comes straight over to UFC along with the rest of the Strikeforce heavyweights that still haven't come over, the winner has one more fight in Strikeforce (Which I think is stupid) and then comes over. Maybe they're planning on bringing Fedor in a one-off fight with the GP winner to give them even more exposure? Maybe Zuffa is having a say in the ability of opponents Fedor fights in order to keep him from losing. I'm just stirring the pot here and trying to give reasons to why Fedor is fighting bums when there are top heavyweights out there. Razz
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 am

Sheldan wrote:The loser comes straight over to UFC along with the rest of the Strikeforce heavyweights that still haven't come over, the winner has one more fight in Strikeforce (Which I think is stupid) and then comes over. Maybe they're planning on bringing Fedor in a one-off fight with the GP winner to give them even more exposure? Maybe Zuffa is having a say in the ability of opponents Fedor fights in order to keep him from losing. I'm just stirring the pot here and trying to give reasons to why Fedor is fighting bums when there are top heavyweights out there. Razz

there are top heavyweights outside ZUFFA besides Fedor? Shocked
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 am

Barnett sub 1

cormiers submission game is as unproven as cains
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:24 pm

I'll go with Cormier via a decision just think Cormier will be able to dictate where the fight goes although It will be interesting to see what his gas tank is like as the fight goes on.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Barnett by Sub for me. Too Big, Too Experienced. I dont think they will really give the winner 1 more fight any more. All the SF heavies have already jumped ship.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 pm

uly wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:The loser comes straight over to UFC along with the rest of the Strikeforce heavyweights that still haven't come over, the winner has one more fight in Strikeforce (Which I think is stupid) and then comes over. Maybe they're planning on bringing Fedor in a one-off fight with the GP winner to give them even more exposure? Maybe Zuffa is having a say in the ability of opponents Fedor fights in order to keep him from losing. I'm just stirring the pot here and trying to give reasons to why Fedor is fighting bums when there are top heavyweights out there. Razz

Cole Konrad, Guram Gugenishvili, Damian Grabowski, Eric Prindle, Thiago Santos, Blagoi Ivanov. There's 6 who I would say are better than any of the competition Fedor has faced or is rumoured to face so far.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Guram Gugenishvili and Damian Grabowski are in M-1 arent they? So Fedor and really should fight one of them. The other 4 are Bellator and they generally tie their guys to exclusive contracts (in the US anyway)

Id like Fedor in Bellator because there is the best competition outside Zuffa there but people said before they dont think Bellator would be able to pay Fedor's wages.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    uly wrote:

Cole Konrad, Guram Gugenishvili, Damian Grabowski, Eric Prindle, Thiago Santos, Blagoi Ivanov. There's 6 who I would say are better than any of the competition Fedor has faced or is rumoured to face so far.

The fights Fedor has taken are the right ones. Coming off two losses, one in which he was sat on and dominated, and the other in which he was stopped by Hendo, it makes sense to get a couple of easy fights under his belt before stepping up to fight better competition again.
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    uly wrote:

Monson>Prindle and Guram. Prindle is like a worse version of Duffee, and Guram is basically 2-0 against anyone that isn't a total scrub..and he's sort of a worse version of Monson too in my opinion.

Dont think Grabowski has signed with M-1 but thatd be a good fight to make. He isn't a big name anywhere unfortunately.

and yeh I dont think Bellator would ever sign Fedor

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:38 pm