THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Ghita joins the Blackzillians!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ghita joins the Blackzillians! Empty Ghita joins the Blackzillians!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Daniel Ghita
    Tyrone Spong
    Alistair Overeem

3 top k-1 strikers now at this MMA camp! Aparently JDS and Blackhouse wanted Ghita to help prepare for the Reem but Overeem has talked him into joining Blackzillians with him as they are old sparing partners,

Blackhouse better bring in some top strikers because JDS needs to be as prepared as the reem will be after sparring sessions with these guys.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ghita joins the Blackzillians! Empty Re: Ghita joins the Blackzillians!

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

I really can't wait for Spong's MMA debut. With his incredible striking, plus he's working with some great wrestlers and some great BJJ guys at the Blackzillians, the guy is going to be a monster. Hope he debuts late this year.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Yeah mate its this year he takes his 1st MMA fight, I wonder if it will be in UFC or if he will work his way up?

Ghita has talked about switching to MMA too I heard! I though he was just coming in as a sparing partner but apparently he is planning on trying his hand at MMA down the line too... 30 is young enough for a Hw, and already we know he would batter anyone not names Overeem or Dos Santos with ease. You look at Barry who was one dimentional and successfull enough in the devision and consider Ghita would mop the floor with him, it would be interesting to see.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 pm

I'd say Spong will take a couple of fights and then go to Zuffa, possibly to SF first and then to the UFC. I assume he'll fight at 205. He could very well dominate that division. I'd certainly back him against pretty much every one in the division.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Spong would snap Bones' legs HA HA HA!! can't wait for him to start, K1 going down the toilet possibly a good thing?? I'm over the moon at seeing both overeem and spong going to the UFC... shame Hari didn't pick MMA
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 am

I wonder how he'll do in Boxing.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:12 pm

‎Antonio Silva leaves the Blackzilians due to an "inevitable collision course" with Alistair Overeem.

"I always take care of my camp and make sure I'm surrounded by the right people. I was training at Blackzilians and yes, I think it's inevitable, Alistair Overeem and I are on a collision course. There is a possibility of us fighting one another one day so that when I heard that he was going over there, I decided to take my camp elsewhere."
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I agree with Anfield, Spong could very well become a beast at MMA but I hope he works his way up. After 4-5 easyish wins he could make a move to Zueffa.

Hari would have been fun to see in MMA, but I don't think he can bother with the grappling.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 pm