THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
rudeboyben84
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
9 posters

H-bomb on Twitter !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

H-bomb on Twitter !! Empty H-bomb on Twitter !!

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Dan Henderson

All the “injuries” that keep Anderson from a rematch w/ me or Chael will heal real fast if they offer Bisping to him.”

I actually agree, we have not been told anything about Anderson's injury that is keeping him out until June/July. And Machida said in his press conference last week that Anderson is coming down this week to spar.

H-bomb on Twitter !! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnyt62XjWpTrkDVU0ulU6WwG_0EWHgq1WoE6R0Y6g0720D5RLrpQ
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

H-bomb on Twitter !! Empty Re: H-bomb on Twitter !!

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Couldn't have said It better myself Anderson & Ed are looking for an easy fight, Bisping will be that what is the cunt gonna do KO Anderson or take him down Laughing .
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:25 pm

You both think Anderson is the sort to duck a hard fight? Has he done it before? I really doubt Bisping is walking straight in to a title shot anyway. Any MMA media you will read comments that Bisping has only beat lower ranked guys. He wont get a fight with Anderson off the back of beating Unranked and underperorming Mayhem.

And id reckon Anderson would like he chances of beating Hendo in a rematch at 185 seeing as he Gassed bad in the Shogun fight.

I love Hendo and I hope he is the man to beat Anderson or Jones but I dont think Anderson is ducking anyone.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Sonnen has insulted Anderson and his Race/Nationality/Wife on a near constant basis, he gave Anderson a beating when they fought only for Anderson to get sub with just 2 mins left.

Its quite clear Anderson wants nothing to do with Sonnen, and you know only Anderson really knows how injured he was in 1st fight and how much difference that would have made. And with all the things Sonnen has said and done, for Anderson and Soares to call for Bisping getting a title shot instead is the most blatant ducking we have ever seen in UFC.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/116935.html

Remember the Anderson who went ape shit when Maia said he's going to try to take a limb home for the spider?? Sonnen says he'll slap his wife on the ass and we get calls for Bisping instead.

Even if Sonnen wasnt being such a troll, Anderson should be asking to fight Sonnen again to prove to everyone he was injured and just a fluke. He's supposed P4P and GOAT, right?? Instead he's taking that win and trying to run as fast as he can with it.

Could you imagine if Bones was Anderson and Rashad was Sonnen in this scenario? Everyone would have ballisitc at Bones.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Anderson Silva (The middleweight champ) never helped Machida in his camp, it was the other Anderson Silva, the K1 guy.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 am

Are you sure about that??

Either way, Anderson is ducking Sonnen, and Hendo too.

If a man insults you and then hands you your ass(regardless of whether you win or not) and then that man spends another year and half insulting you and everything about you, and then you call out a middle of the road fight instead, that's cowardice.

Anderson also refused to fight Hendo after the Bisping fight which was part of the reason Hendo wouldn't sign a new deal.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Are you sure about that??

If that's directed at me, then yea I am.

From bloodyelbow.com -

"Lyoto Machida will be looking to put the UFC light heavyweight title back around his waist when he meets current champion Jon Jones in the main event of UFC 140 this Saturday in Toronto. He has changed up a few things and brought in some high-level guys to help him prepare for anything that might happen in the cage. Machida documented some of that in a recent interview with Tatame. Who has he brought in to help him out? Anderson Silva!

Actually, I also brought Anderson Braddock (Silva), who’s a guy that fights in K-1, he’s a great K-1 fighter. I brought him and Glover (Teixeira) on the first moment. They stayed here for two weeks. On that period we tried to do many sparrings, simulating similar situations I’ll might confront during the fight, also on the clinch, the takedowns. We know Glover is a high lever fighter and why he’s been smashing everybody down here in Brazil, and I’m sure he’ll make a good career abroad, and Bradock also helped me a lot to simulate the fight. Then Glover had to go because he was fighting and then I brought King Mo to add a lot. He’s a high level fighter in Wrestling, he has been a world champion on the Pan Am, he has defeated Olympic champions, so he knows the details of the position that can help me block his game during the fight, and I guess that’s the main aspect. I guess the technical part is the most important one for a fight like that, because I’m fighting a very technical guy. Jon Jones knows many techniques, he’s can do many things, so that’s why I’m trying to improve more and more my wrestling.
    I talked to Anderson (UFC Middleweight Champ) on the phone like three or four times, and we talked a lot. He sent me a video, telling me to train that. He shoot a video there saying what he thought I should focus more my training on for this fight, he showed me a different coup, saying I can use it. So, he always tries to help me the way he can. We can tell Anderson is very helpful, mainly with his friends. You can see his worry to come and talk to me. I know he wants me to bring another title to our Brazil.

Sorry, I should've posted this in the original comment
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:27 am

Cheers for that Axe.

Looks like Machida is really preparing himself. Interesting that he's not training at BlackHouse for this one.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:20 pm

I was going to do a post about this, Braddock Silva would kick Bones head in striking only and King Mo is one of the only Lhw's that might be a better Wrestler than Bones.

One thing is for sure, Machida is preparing a taylor made camp to beat Bones and I hope it pays off.

I reckon he has more KO power in his hands and if he can use his superior speed and movement to controll the distance and land when he closes the gap he will at the very least put Jones chin to the test like we havnt seen before.

Im really hoping for Machida here, Though part of me thinks if Anderson want at 185 Machida might find a home there. I think the size may be a big factor and while he may be ready for Jones wrestling technically it could end up looking like a Hw throwing about a Mw.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Bones to clinch, take Machida down and elbow him to victory.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Machida to run away for 3-4 rounds, before deciding to engage and get taken down.

Bones UD.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Guys Anderson has wins over both Hendo and sonnen why does he need to go there? A wins a win sonnen cnt defend that's his fucking problem! Silva WON fair a square sonnen tapped like a little bitch! Fuck him now I'd rather see silva fight bigger names... Just because sonnen is calling him out doesn't mean he gets another shot I think he should fight a few more people, he had his chance and blew it!

Hendo is more in line than sonnen although at different weight classes Hendo has just murdered to legends he could go for any title he wanted in my eyes!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Silva won fair and square, but Sonnen brutalised him for the entire rest of the fight. Not surprising people want a rematch. No-one has ever done that to Silva.

And who do you see as a bigger named challenger, or a bigger named fight than Sonnen?? There is none.

Think Hendo should stay at LHW now though.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:31 pm

pinsman wrote:Guys Anderson has wins over both Hendo and sonnen why does he need to go there? A wins a win sonnen cnt defend that's his fucking problem! Silva WON fair a square sonnen tapped like a little bitch! Fuck him now I'd rather see silva fight bigger names... Just because sonnen is calling him out doesn't mean he gets another shot I think he should fight a few more people, he had his chance and blew it!

Hendo is more in line than sonnen although at different weight classes Hendo has just murdered to legends he could go for any title he wanted in my eyes!

I really want a Silva Bisping fight too. Very Happy
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Theres massive fights for Silva, ones i'm way more interested in... like Bones, Shogun, GSP... fuck it even Fedor!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:43 pm

pinsman wrote:Theres massive fights for Silva, ones i'm way more interested in... like Bones, Shogun, GSP... fuck it even Fedor!

I cannot see Silva stepping up to LHW TBH, I've no interest in seeing him fight Shogun, as Shogun cannot be relied upon to enter the octagon in decent shape, the GSP fight (IMO) will never happen.

For me, Sonnen was the only one (as much as I dislike him) to expose Silva in the stand-up, he asked a lot of questions of Silva in that fight. Whilst he beat him fair and square, regardless of how people saw the fight, a sub is a win, but, I would like to see how a 2nd fight would pan out. That said, nowt would give me greater pleasure than to see Bitchping KTFO by anyone.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:23 pm

I don't know if Silva is ducking anyone, I don't know why he would duck Hendo. Hendo couldn't last two rounds with him last time and as great as Hendo has been in his last 3 or 4 fights, I don't think he will beat Silva at 205, never mind 185. At 185 he'll gas with in a round as usual and get tapped. At 205 he'll gas in the 3rd or 4th round and get tapped.

Sonnen does deserve a rematch IMO but lets be fair, he lost time around. Yes he beat the shit out of Silva, but he lost the match so he can't demand anything.

It should be Sonnen vs Silva next with Hendo fighting at 205. I wonder if he's looking to face Jones soon. I'd love a Shogun rematch, with Jones facing Machida and Evans/Davis fighting, he doesn't really have any top fighter to fight. Rampage is a massive step down IMO.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Sonnen is owed a rematch for sure.

He beat Anderson 4 rounds to 0 before getting Subbed
    After the Munoz fight he will be 2-0 since the 1st fight
    Sonnen is the number 2 ranked Mw in the world

Why should some fringe top 10 contender like Bisping walk into a title shot without a ranked win!!?? Madness. I havnt fought Anderson and I dont have any top ranked wins (or wins at all) and im a 185er, Maby me next? Just because he hasnt beat you before doesnt give you some god given right to fight him if rankings wise you clearly arent the next in line.

If Bispings wants a shot he has to earn it. Beating Maia is a big step in the right direction.

If Anderson wasnt injured Sonnen without question should fight him.

Hendo isnt going after a rematch with Anderson, He has talked a lot more about fighting Bones and Id assume he will fight the winner of Bones/Machida.

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:49 pm

I can't agree with that though Ben Sonnen doesn't "deserve" it. Silva went in as champ and walked out as champion... Sonnen has dropped down the ladder being beaten. I think he needs a couple of more wins to build up a title challenge.

Silva hung in there for 4 rounds and then finished his opponent, thats why he is a champion... Sonnen since then has had one fight in a year and a half against an up and comer who as far as I know hasn't fought anyone top say 8? and been banned for drug use... FUCK HIM he doesn't deserve it at all!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 pm

pinsman wrote:Theres massive fights for Silva, ones i'm way more interested in... like Bones, Shogun, GSP... fuck it even Fedor!

None of them are bigger or more interesting than Sonnen and Hendo.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:52 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I don't know if Silva is ducking anyone, I don't know why he would duck Hendo. Hendo couldn't last two rounds with him last time and as great as Hendo has been in his last 3 or 4 fights, I don't think he will beat Silva at 205, never mind 185. At 185 he'll gas with in a round as usual and get tapped. At 205 he'll gas in the 3rd or 4th round and get tapped.

Sonnen does deserve a rematch IMO but lets be fair, he lost time around. Yes he beat the shit out of Silva, but he lost the match so he can't demand anything.

It should be Sonnen vs Silva next with Hendo fighting at 205. I wonder if he's looking to face Jones soon. I'd love a Shogun rematch, with Jones facing Machida and Evans/Davis fighting, he doesn't really have any top fighter to fight. Rampage is a massive step down IMO.

If Hendo can land a shot flush on Anderson's chin and GnP him, it's over.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:23 am

Ye but big IF though. Silva is incredibly hard to hit, only Sonnen in recent memory has actually landed on him. Plus he has an immense chin. Hendo has the power, but I'm not sure he has the speed. Also last time Hendo tried to stand with Silva, he got his ass kicked and even got rocked. His way to win is by using his wrestling.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:24 am

pinsman wrote:I can't agree with that though Ben Sonnen doesn't "deserve" it. Silva went in as champ and walked out as champion... Sonnen has dropped down the ladder being beaten. I think he needs a couple of more wins to build up a title challenge.

Silva hung in there for 4 rounds and then finished his opponent, thats why he is a champion... Sonnen since then has had one fight in a year and a half against an up and comer who as far as I know hasn't fought anyone top say 8? and been banned for drug use... FUCK HIM he doesn't deserve it at all!

It's clear that you hate Sonnen, but going on his performance against Silva, and others, he's clearly No1 contender, whether you like him or not.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am